|Item Weight||77 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||8 x 47 x 21.3 inches|
|Item model number||RNG-KIT-STARTER400D-RVR40|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Renogy 400 Watt 12 Volt Monocrystalline Solar Starter Kit with 40A Rover MPPT Charge Controller
|Price:||$745.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- High solar cell efficiency : Monocrystalline 18.4%, The included MPPT charge controler has a peak efficiency of 97%
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for extended outdoor use, allowing the panels to last for decades, TPT back sheet ensures smooth performance over a long period of time
- RJ45 interface to use with the MT-5 meter, convenient to check operating parameters of charge controller
- The Renogy 40A MPPT is equipped with multiple electronic protections; overcharging, overload, short-circuit and reversed polarity
- With a Renogy 40A MPPT Charge Controller, you can expand your system up to a maximum of 400W (12 Volt) or 800W (24 Volt)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
With a Renogy 400W Starter Kit MPPT, you will be getting a product designed to be the most efficient back up system possible. Designed to draw out your system's potential, this kit includes our 40A MPPT charge controller which uses Maximum Power Point Tracking technology, transferring power up to 30% more efficiently than PWM charge controllers. Adding a Renogy Starter Kit MPPT to your next adventure can provide you with a system perfect for any off-grid application and grid independance.
Top Customer Reviews
Update: I added an additional 12 panels (total 2200 watts), converted to 2- 24 vdc systems with a total of 16- golf cart batteries (8 each system), installed 2- Aims pure sine wave inverters connected to my home breaker box. I now have enough power to run my house. I can even run a window air conditioner on sunny days. ...and, no power company!
My next project is to convert my well from generator to solar.
You will need to order the (Islandoffer - 5 Pairs of MC4 Male/ Female Solar Panel Cable Connectors), and the
(Solar Panel Cable Pv type wire 50 Ft - Mc4 Extension- 10awg - 600/1000vdc) This will enable you to hook the panels together in parallel for 12 volt service. Depending on your battery run, you may have to order two of the 50 foot cables, I did. I cut one in half for the battery supply (25 x 2) and used the other 50 foot, cut into pieces to connect the panels together.
For mounting on my roof I opted to go with 2 boxes of (25 Rubber Well Nuts #10-32 .807 Length 3/8" Hole) and 2 packs of
(Steel Pan Head Machine Screw, Zinc Plated,T25 Star Drive, #10-32 Thread Size, 1-1/2" Length, Fully Threaded,(Pack of 25),
instead of using the supplied self tapping bolts that came with the Z brackets. This was merely a personal choice on my part.
Since rooftops are different on different RV's, you will have to determine what is best suited for your install.
Finished off the mounting process with a (4 Pack Dicor Self-leveling Lap Sealant) to seal the roof.
I attached a photo of the finished product. The two solar panels in the middle far left are factory installed panels. You can clearly see the difference.
Renogy's website has plenty of resources for installation questions. The kit doesn't really come with any directions. All in all I would say it was a straight forward install, if you take your time, even a beginner can do.
* High performance Monocrystaline panels
* Solid built panels with Al frame
* Panel output is consistent on all 4 panels.
* Hardware included and easy to put together (use electrical common sense)
* Reasonable price
- I'll let you know if I find a flaw with long term usage
I put hinges between each pair of pannel in case they need to be packed up and moved quickly. THen I put triangular aluminum braces on each side. They are all removable with winged nuts. Golf cart batteries from CostCo.
This configuration allows me to run Fridge, Microwave, TV etc all day, good enough for extended power outtage.