Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Renogy Wanderer -- 30A Advanced PWM Negative-Groun..." and save 41% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Renogy Wanderer -- 30A Advanced PWM Negative-Ground Solar Charge Controller
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Wanderer is a negative ground controller. This ensure compatibility with any negative ground system, which is the standard and most conventional way of grounding. Any negative connection on the solar module, battery and load can be safely earth grounded as required
- 4 Stage PWM charging (Bulk, Boost, Float, and Equalization) prevents batteries from over-charging and over-discharging. Protection against: overcharging, overload, short-circuit, and reverse polarity
- Compensates for temperature, automatically corrects charging and discharging parameters, and improves battery longevity.
- LED Indicators that inform you about the charge controller's status
- Compatible with Sealed, Gel, and Flooded batteries
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Wanderer Temperature Sensor.
- Measures the temperature at the battery and uses this data for very accurate temperature compensation. The sensor is supplied with a 6.6ft cable length that connects to the charge controller.
- Optional component requires a separate purchase.
The Traveler SeriesTM
30A Advanced Negative-Ground PWM Charge Controller.
- Optimized for 12V system, with 30A charging capacity.
- The Wanderer is a negative ground controller. This ensure compatibility with any negative ground system, which is the standard and most conventional way of grounding. Any negative connection on the solar module, battery and load can be safely earth grounded as required.
- Smart 4 Stage PWM charging (Bulk, Boost, Float and Equalization) and temperature compensation increases battery life and improves system performance. Intelligent protection against: reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit and reverse current.
- Multiple LED indicators for easy to read charge status and battery information.
- Deep cycle Sealed, Gel and Flooded battery options ready. Simply use the Battery Select Button to set the battery type.
LED Indicators & Battery Select Button
Monitor system status and set the battery type.
For convenient mounting.
For optional temperature sensor.
Reverse polarity, overcharging, short-circuit and reverse current.
|Renogy Wanderer 30A PWM||Renogy Adventurer 30A PWM||Renogy Voyager 20A PWM||Renogy Rover 20A/40A MPPT|
|Nominal System Voltage||12V DC||12V/24V DC||12V DC||12V/24V DC|
|Battery Type||Sealed, Gel and Flooded||Sealed, Gel, Flooded and Lithium||AGM, Gel, Flooded and Lithium||Sealed, Gel, Flooded, Lithium and User|
|Temperature Compensation and Intelligent Protection||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Remote monitoring with Renogy BT App||✓||✓|
|Mounting Options||Surface mount||Surface mount and flush mount||Surface mount||Surface mount|
|Dimensions||6.5x4.3x1.8 inches||6.5x4.5x1.9 inches||6.4x3.8x1.3 inches||20A 8.3x5.9x2.3 inches; 40A 9.4x6.8x2.9 inches|
Compare with similar items
HQST 30 Amp PWM Smart Solar Charge Controller with LCD Display
GHB 20A 12V 24V Solar Charge Controller Auto Switch LCD Intelligent Panel Battery Regulator Charge Controller Overload Protection Temperature Compensation
P30L LCD 30A PWM Solar Panel Regulator Charge Controller with Digital Display and User Adjustable Settings
SolarEpic MPPT 40A Solar Charge Controller 150V PV input Tracer 4215BN
XCSOURCE 30A 12V/24V Solar Charge Controller Solar Panel Battery Intelligent Regulator LD296
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||HQSTSolar||Smile&Satisfaction||WindyNation||SolarEpic||XCSOURCE Direct|
|Item Dimensions||3.74 x 5.51 x 0.98 in||4.02 x 7.99 x 2.01 in||3.94 x 5.12 x 1.18 in||1.89 x 7.4 x 3.54 in||2.5 x 11.91 x 7.19 in||—|
|Size||Wanderer||30A||20A LCD||30A Charge Controller||40A||—|
The Renogy Wanderer is a 30A PWM charge controller. This advanced negative-ground controller is designed for off-grid solar applications and can be used with a 12V battery or battery bank. Integrating highly efficient PWM charging, the Wanderer increases battery life and improves system performance. The controller comes equipped with fully comprehensive self-diagnostics and electronic protection functions to prevent damage from installation mistakes or system faults. Negative grounding controller ensures the broader off grid applications and safety, especially to be used on a vehicle which has battery negative on the chassis. A little extra investment on the right charge controller will generate a much higher return and prevent system failure.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I've had this controller for one year, so can attest to its reliability. It has served me, and under non-ideal conditions of some rigour. It has seen the extremes of desert heat and cold. It has ventured to mountaintops and been dusted with grit and grime. And it still works, topping off my two small industrial deep cycle batteries and floating them just as specs detail. I know this because I added an inexpensive, but nonetheless equally hardy, voltmeter into the line.
It would have been nice to have that information displayed by the controller itself instead of selecting for photocell options. There is something a bit ridiculous and obsessive about the numerous options for automatic power for lighting. I've never used any of these. But if you need to light that barn or flag pole, you will enjoy this.
The unit feels well built on the whole. The enclosure is sturdy. I cracked it open to examine and all was neat, no components cold soldered. But for a unit presumably meant to be mounted outside, there is not even a fig leaf of water resistance. Also, the ports for connecting wires are perfunctory at best. If you planned on using anything better than #10 AWG wires direct to the box, think again. Even at #10, it is a tight squeeze into a somewhat jiggly screw clamp. I've hitherto had no issues with disconnection, but would tie off any wires connected to this.
A controller reliably handling 30 amps is at least better than the usual throwaway units supplied by solar power kit scams. If you are building a small system for your rv, on a budget, one could do much worse. You can probably rely on this unit. Faint praise, it sounds, but in a world where disposability is not regarded with the proper shame it should accrue, plain reliability is a rare virtue.
I found three cautions however:
1) The only heat sink for the unit is a flat sheet of aluminum on the back of the unit. THEREFORE, this device should be mounted vertically with at least a half-inch of space behind it for cooling airflow.
2) The load circuit simply connects the load to the batteries, and is only rated for 30 amps. If your load is higher, or if it is reactive (capacitive or inductive), use a slave relay of the appropriate current and voltage. If you don't know what I am talking about, find someone who does (eg a contractor or electrician) before you hurt yourself or burn down your house.
3) All of the positive (+) leads are hardwired together inside the controller (positive ground). I expected the negatives to be hardwired, so this was definitely unexpected. This makes no difference if you wire it up as recommended; however, you must take it into account if you are putting in meters, fuses, terminal blocks or even a system safety ground. Under no circumstances should you connect any of the negatives together.
Most recent customer reviews
- Hook it up and it works. Pretty straightforward to connect and operate.
- Lights are good to visually check whether panels are charging battery properly.Read more