- Series: Nation, State and Integration in the Arab World, Vol 2
- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: Routledge Kegan & Paul; First Edition edition (November 1987)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0709941447
- ISBN-13: 978-0709941446
- Package Dimensions: 8.5 x 5.4 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #15,046,283 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Rentier State (Nation, State and Integration in the Arab World, Vol 2) First Edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Top customer reviews
reading this book more than twenty years after it was published is fascinating as so many of the issues and repercussions mentioned have either come true or held true and the state of the region has not improved considerably but even regressed in many cases.
consider the following excerpt from the book that i found interesting:
"the oil states today face tremendous challenges, as oil revenues start to decline. Few expected that the decline would come so soon. Everybody knew it would come, but it was expected later rather than sooner."
this is almost like seeing history repeat itself in real time.
worth a look if you're interested in the field.