Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 501 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 533 reviews
on November 24, 2012
In general, this charger is okay. It works with my HP laptop (dv6000) and surprisingly somewhat works with my newer HP ultrabook.

Pros:
-works fine for generally six months, and it has a year warranty... so should be able to get replacement if it does spontaneously die.
- plug fits well into specified model(s)
- fits most of description

CONS:
- the charger I received is two-pronged while all pictures show it to have three prongs
- cord is short (but that's something I knew before purchasing it, so it doesn't bother me too much)
- Each time I plug the cord into the wall, it sparks. (still works, but scares me each time)

All in all, it's not going to compare to the original HP charger, but it works fine for the price.
on September 17, 2015
What I received was different from the package and does NOT fit HP Pavilion DV6000!
Buyer, be aware.

The one I received was a PA-12 for: Dell PA-12 Mini 65W 19.5V 3.34A Replacement AC adapter for Dell Notebook model: Dell Inspiron 15z, Dell Inspiron 17, Dell Inspiron 1705, Dell Inspiron 1720, Dell Inspiron 1721, Dell Inspiron 1737, Dell Inspiron 1747, Dell Inspiron 1750, Dell Inspiron 1750n, Dell Inspiron 1764, Dell Inspiron 17R, Dell Inspiron 17RN, Dell Inspiron 17RV, Dell Inspiron 300m, Dell Inspiron 500m, Dell Inspiron 505m, Dell Inspiron 510m, Dell Inspiron 6000, Dell Inspiron 6000D, Dell Inspiron 600m, Dell Inspiron 630m, Dell Inspiron 6400, Dell Inspiron 6400n. Compatible P/N: PA-12, PA12 Family, K9TGR, KT2MG, FA065LS1-01, LA65NS2-00, PA-2E, TN800.
on September 30, 2014
Although the charger arrived on time, I was disappointed to find it was not as similar as what was pictured - more specifically the power cord itself. I picked this charger because of the three prong and usually longer power cord, but was somewhat upset that I received a two prong shorty cord and power brick. No where in description does it state that this could be an alternative and all the pictures show three prong. Not the end of the world problem but as most of us know those short power cords can be a problem and when you think you are getting the better deal only to find out you actually aren't - it is kind of a let down. The brick does run warm, but as with many other replacement chargers, that seems to be the norm and hasn't been a problem with this one or any others that I have purchase of similar specifications. Although mostly satisfied, I would search longer or, shame on me, ask seller questions before purchasing again.
on February 22, 2015
Bought this to replace the original charger that came with my laptop, which stopped working unless I held the male connector in just the right spot. I am a broke college student so I couldn't afford anything fancy. This one seemed to be pretty awesome - no 90 degree angle on the male connector, fit fine into the jack, charged well, et cetera. HOWEVER! I got it a few days ago, and already it is not charging anymore. If I plug it into the wall, the little green light comes on the rectangular part, but when I plug it into my laptop the green light goes off and the laptop does not charge. I can't afford to be wasting money like this! I am so angry. Guess I am back to holding the old charger in place and getting red marks all over my legs. Yay.
on September 13, 2015
My charger cord went out on my laptop. I of course rushed to amazons website anxious to order the new cord as fast as humanly possible and get it here pronto will 2 day shipping. I will be honest I was not sure I would last two days it would take to get here! My laptop is like my right arm, I just knew I would not be able to function properly without it ! So cord gets here I spend 2 days rushing to catch up on everything I missed and my new cord quits working ! Devastated doesnt even begin to cover my feelings here! Angry, frustrated, stressed. I need my laptop during the day and being without it another two days beyond sucks !
on April 5, 2013
prompt delivery , power supply works so far! I am so sorry about you're word requirement in a way. First of all, in January
of 2003, I was required to have a CT Scan to determine the healing process of a lacerated kidney four months earlier from an accident. Fifty minutes after the scan, all my extremities twisted up! Twas' dtermined that I now have RA and have had all eight knuckles removed and replaced by pyro-carbon implants. I Since then ,for ten years have looked at my eleven stringed instruments, unable to make them sing as before, and my typing sadly dwindled to one finger at a time, compared to my 50 to 60 words per minute typing speed. Second of all, I tried to be short and concise with accuracy in my rating! Thirdly, I regret having to
move the notebook from it's comfortable spot in order to peck keys! Fourthly, dissappointed that I have two other orders to review
but life's too short to be typing dunsel vernacular ,but I would like to conclude that the delivery was fast and silent right up and into my snow-covered mailbox,and it works , as well as the guitar hangers! They, the guitars, banjos, ukeleles, and mandolin hang there like they're in Limbo! (not musical inference)
on May 21, 2016
Like many other reviews stated, this power supply got really hot, to the point where you could not touch it and risked fire to whatever else it was touching. After about 2 hours of use, it made a loud *POP* noise, smelled like typical burnt electronics, and no longer functioned. I should have known for less than $7, but was willing to take a chance. Be forewarned, this product is completely useless junk.
on January 1, 2013
I own a dv6000 and it just could stay on for more than 2 minutes. I truly thought it was a scam and made so cheaply to charge your laptop. I then feel that to have to send it back is such a waste of my time and I doubt they'd send me one that really works but thank you for asking. It did make me realize that there are certain things that are too good to be true and should be bought in person and this was definitely one of those experiences. I wouldn't take that rick anymore and that's sad that people sale you products that are cheaply made and don't work and they know that I'm not going to want to spend in shipping it back because I'd never hear from anyone again anyways.

Thanks for asking and I wish this review would help Amazon keep the merchants that do care to help their clients and yours.

My Magical Party
on January 19, 2014
My husband's power cord for his HP Pavillion dv6000 would not stay attached to his computer - it seemed that the connector was loose. Not wanting to spend $60+ for an original HP cord again (we had already replaced his cord once) we decided to give this a try. So far, so good, It fits his computer nicely, and looks exactly the same as the one that came with the laptop.

Some reviewers have noted that the adapter can get quite hot. Our original HP power adapter that came with our computers (I have the same laptop) can also get very hot, so this is not an issue for us. We simply make certain not to leave our laptops on when we won't be using them.
on March 20, 2015
Exactly what I needed. Amazon always has what I need at a great price. Even when manufacturers discontinue a product and it accessories Amazon has it. I will continue to purchase from Amazon as I need and want to!