Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 124 reviews
on June 17, 2012
I ordered the item on Jun 10, and received it in 6 days. What I don't like is that this company "ZeeMo Digital" did not even make an effort to give a better estimate of the delivery date. It estimated 3 weeks delivery on July 2 despite the order arrived on Jun 16. While I appreciate the early delivery, I don't like the totally bogus estimate which caused me to make unnecessary arrangement to have someone to receive the shipment for me. Of course, now I can cancel my arrangement.

What I received does not exactly match the descriptions on the Amazon Marketplace page. Instead of getting 2 batteries plus one charger, I got 2 individual packs each contains 1 battery and 1 charger. It is not a complaint, the extra charger will come in handy when I need to charge both batteries in parallel. It takes almost 5 hours to fully charge each battery. Charging both in parallel means I don't need 10 hours to charge both. The price of my purchase has dropped almost $4 before the shipment arrived. So the extra charger made me feel a little bit better about missing the price reduction by just a few days.

I used this battery on a Canon HF R300 camcorder. For testing purpose, I set up the camcorder to record until the battery runs out. The fully charged battery ran out in 2 hours and 20 minutes when recording in SP mode. The BP-709 battery that comes with the camera only lasts 30 minutes doing the same test. So this bigger battery BP727 lasts like 5X as long as the smaller battery.

I only gave 4 stars in my review because the battery cannot show the remaining charge level on the camera LCD display. A label on the package says "Important: Camera LCD will not display power status while using this battery". This information is important enough to be on the packaging, but it is mentioned briefly in one sentence on the product descriptions in Amazon Marketplace. I feel that the consumers should be more clearly informed of this limitation before making their purchase decision. When the camcorder is turned on with this battery, a warning screen pops up stating "Cannot communicate with this battery pack. Continue using this battery pack? YES / NO" If you select YES, the camcorder will continue to operate without displaying the battery power level. i.e. you will get no warning when the battery is going to run out in the middle of an important taping. If you select NO, the camcorder will simply turn off.
on August 21, 2012
The main complaint of owners of the (awesome, in my opinion) Canon vixia R30 is that the battery that comes with it is really bad. And it is. It lasts less than 30 minutes. But that is why the camera is so affordable. I would rather spend less on the initial purchase of my camera and then buy more battery power, than spend a lot of money just to get a genuine battery.

These two batteries solve the problem. They each give you about 1 hour of film time on the camera. They can be charged. And are super affordable.

The only downside is that you can't see on the camera how much battery life is life. That is why you have two. Charge both and take them with you. When one dies, you know you have another 1 hour of film time. For $30 bucks for 2 batteries I am OK with not being able to see how much if left on the screen.

This makes the R30 the perfect camera.
on July 12, 2012
The two batteries worked well. One of them was a tight fit, but one it was set in the first time it was not an issue. Each battery lasted for over an hour of recording, and the charger recharged them within two hours. The charger also worked for the original battery, as worthless as it is. You do have to remember that these batteries don't show a battery meter. In fact, the camera states that is can't communicate with the battery. I just hit OK and continued. Not having a readout of the remaining battery was not an issue, as I know to limit my recording to 1 hour and then change the battery. Given that the large Canon battery was over $100, these batteries are a great deal.
on December 20, 2012
MUCH longer life and MUCH cheaper- what more do you want ? :) It's no big deal that it doesn't communicate with the camcorder to display the battery life. The pack works flawlessly and when fully charged you get ~2 1/2 hours (from other review, I did not personally test this) Two packs were included so charge them both up overnight initially and you should never run out of battery life. No complaints at all, I used it for an entire weekend on and off with no issues at all. Excellent value for the price.

quick tip: when the camcorder alerts you that it cannot communicate with the batter pack (usually after 20-30 sec), it automatically pauses your recording if you started one, so you have to hit the record button again after pressing "Yes" its OK to use this battery as your recording will then be in the "paused" state. I thought I was in "reocrd" mode a few times in the beginning only to find out my recording was actually "paused" due to the battery pack error message.
on September 18, 2012
I bought this product twice - because I had a mishap with my local transporter (damaged one of the 2 pack i purchased). So you're not seeing double it's just the same revieuw twice.

When I bought these I could find only 2 reviews about it, but i took my change.
Both reviewers were right: the batteries work great the only negative thing is the fact that it doesn't give you the battery status, like you get with the genuine canon battery.
But that is totaly worth the price difference. When tested, I got from each batteries approximately 55 min of recording time.
By the way this also comes with to adapters and a card charger adapter. Great for when your on the road.
I would recommen every HF R-300 owner to purchase a couple of these. 4 for the price of one genuine. What more do you want.
on August 16, 2012
I have now bought this item twice, so I thought I should give an account of my own experiences with this product.

I used this battery with the canon vixia HFR32, because the provided battery, as you may know, lasts about half an hour.
I was very happy to see that one of these new batteries could last about an hour and a half to two hours.

Both times I received the product it came with one charger, unlike some of the other reviews that report two.
The battery level is also not communicated as previously mentioned, but also note that the camera gives a "Change battery pack" warning a few minutes before it shuts off.
Another thing to note is that the battery WILL NOT CHARGE when the camera is plugged in, it will ONLY charge in the provided charger. Charge time is hard to say, but I would have to say around 4 hours.

I bought two bouts because after about a week of use, one of the pins on the battery bent, and broke off when trying to re-align, but I would say this was just a fluke. Just be careful the battery is straight when sliding up into the charger.

All that aside, amazing deal considering the alternative is buying ONE battery for about 150 - 200$ from the actual manufacturer.
on June 17, 2013
I took these batteries with me on my vacation to Hawaii without having a chance to even test them at home first. They performed perfectly and allowed me the extended recording time that I needed. I feel that the charger is a bit bulkier than it needs to be, but that is a minor issue. There are only two drawbacks:
1) The fact that the batteries do not have a smart chip in them which shows the level of remaining power. This results in the camera shutting with about only two seconds of warning. I recommend carrying the second battery as a spare for when this happens.
2) Because there's no smart chip, you need to anticipate a short delay when turning the camera on. After powering up the camera you need to wait for a warning to pop up regarding the fact that the camera cannot communicate with the battery. It gives the option to continue using it anyway to which you must click the "YES" option. After this, it works just fine, but it does slow you down by a few seconds.
These inconveniences are easy to overlook when considering the price I paid compared to the cost of purchasing two equivalent OEM batteries ($260 ($130 each x 2)) . I could buy a bunch of these batteries for that amount of money!
UPDATE: June 2015, both of these batteries indicate they are fully charged but they no longer operate the camera. My camera comes on long enough to tell me to change the battery, then it shuts down.
on April 5, 2014
Like the title says, the transaction was great. Before even purchasing these i knew they didnt communicate with the camcorder so it wouldnt tell me how much time was left. So I made sure to use my watch and time myself, that way i could know for further uses about how long I'd get with them. As soon as I got the batteries, I put them on the charger. Right away the green light came on. But reading other reviews on these batteries I left them on the charger overnight anyway. Today was my first chance to use them. One lasted just under 20 mins and the second one lasted 25 min, that was playback not even recording. Very big let down. Cant even use these as a backup, just horrible.

Just to compare, the original small battery gets me about 66 min recording and about 90 min playback, that's at half the capacity of these. The genuine canon high compacity lasts 180-200 min recording and a whopping 230 min playback. These, these are just a joke.
on December 31, 2012
I don't know how long the battery life is for each charge as I just tested one of the batteries out to see if it would work, but, based on other customer reviews, you're all but guaranteed to get at least an hour of battery life when it's new. The entire lifespan of the batteries is also unknown to me. What I can tell you, though, is that, price wise, the deal is so good that it can be considered a steal. Yes, there are some negatives. I'm using the Vixia HF R300 and the battery bulges out more towards your hand. It's just annoying and ugly though, unlike the missing function to see how much battery life there is left. Of course you can charge the battery completely, film once to see how long the battery lasts, and just remember that time for future shots, but inevitably the battery will, over time, lose its ability to keep a longer charge. Therefore, you are almost guaranteed to lose some footage when you think that you have enough battery life, but in reality you do not. Absolutely, positively, however, the fact that you at least get two batteries, a wall charger, and a car charger, when comparing the price (I got mine for 23.75 dollars) to what is sold on Canon's website (130 dollars for just ONE battery (no chargers), but supposedly it does track battery life), this is a deal that you cannot pass up if you still have a battery on an applicable camera that lasts less than 30 minutes.
on December 27, 2012
When I first received my battery order, I only received one battery....should have gotten two. I attempted to call the vendors cust. service. Was put on hold for too long. Hung up and called again. Same result. I then attempted to email the company, detailing that I only received one battery, and waited for a reply. After four days still no reply. I then contacted Amazon. It was shortly after that that I received a second battery. And a few days later a third battery....which I didn't expect, nor wanted. But that's ok. It was a nice gesture.

As far as the batteries go, they definitely last longer that the lame battery I received with the Canon Video camera. It's true....these replacement batteries do not 'communicate' with the camera. Consequently, you don't know how much power you have remaining in the battery. The only indication I got on the camera screen was when the battery was almost completely discharged. For me this isn't much of an issue since I have two batteries which are always 'fully' charged (I think... charged for several hours..see next sentence). One of my biggest complaints with the battery charger is that you have no way of knowing when the battery is fully charged. There is no 'Full Charge' indicator on the battery charger. That would be a nice feature so that you don't 'overcharge' the battery.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.