Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 364 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 390 reviews
on January 6, 2012
Bought these as extra batteries for my T3i. They seem to work great. I have not noticed any difference in life or performance from the Canon version that came with the camera.

We'll see how they hold up. Even if they only last a year or two it is still a great deal.
(FYI - I got them for $8.66 with free shipping)

*******
UPDATE 8may2013
- I've been using these batteries for over a year now. I use these 2 and my original battery. I take lots of pictures (about 7000 a year) so I am changing the battery every month or so. (I don't use the pop up flash very much).

I still cannot find any difference between these and the original battery. All of them work very nicely.
on August 17, 2016
These seemed like wonderful, inexpensive backup batteries... charged them, tested them in the camera, then brought them as my two backups to an all day photo event. 40 minutes into the event (only intermittent shooting - maybe 15-20 photos?), the first of these batteries died. An hour later, the second battery was dead! I put my normal Canon battery in, and it lasted the remainder of the 6 hours of the event without ever dying. These cheap, knock-off batteries will leave you stranded. You get what you pay for, unfortunately. Save yourself from missing a moment because these junk batteries died on you.
on March 25, 2012
These batteries are made by a name manufacturer however they are what you pay for. They are about half the physical weight of a Canon LP-E8 battery and that was my first indication of what I had purchased.
I have used these batteries for almost two months and feel I can give them a fair review.
Using my Canon T3i camera with a battery grip which holds two LP-E8 batteries, I have shot quite a few pictures and used video very little and they lasted a week or so before swapping out the batteries. Over all I was pleasantly surprised by their performance.
Two days ago I fully charged all four of my generic LP-E8 batteries and set out to video a property we are interested in purchasing. The first set of batteries lasted about 10 minutes. I suspected that I had one battery out of the four that was lesser capacity than the others and assumed that it was in this pair. I swapped out the batteries and was disappointed to discover that the other set lasted about the same length of time.
I haven't tried a pair of the Canon LP-E8 batteries to compare performance but considering the difference in cost and construction, I would expect the Canon batteries to last considerably longer than these.
Again, for the price, these batteries work ok for shooting stills but avoid them if you plan to use them for video, at least in a Canon T3i. They are not worth having.
on February 8, 2012
I recently moved on from a Canon point & shoot to a Canon T3i and I was well aware how cameras eat up batteries. So, even before my T3i arrived, I searched for extra batteries and found these at an excellent price.

I've been using these batteries for a couple of weeks and find no appreciable difference between them and the Canon-brand battery. What's been great is the reassurance that I can keep taking pictures and quickly switch to a fresh battery when necessary. They feel as sturdy as the Canon-brand battery.

With both the Canon-brand and these replacement batteries, I've been able to take pictures for 1.5 hours straight (time dedicated to taking one picture after another and including short videos, with little or no breaks) before having to switch batteries, so no complaints on that front. I saw no discernible drop-off between the name brand and these replacement batteries on that front.

Finally, this replacement battery takes the same amount of time to re-charge as the Canon brand. I haven't timed it exactly but it's less than an hour.

I recommend these replacement batteries to anyone who wants the luxury of taking pictures/videos without regard to how much juice remains in their battery.
on November 5, 2015
The battery won't last long! After few months the battery is dead I can't barely use my camera for more than 20mn when the battery is full. The batterie take 20mn to fully charge. I though maybe one ofthe battery were dead but I bought 2 when I use the 2nd one same probleme after few months! I guess we get what we pay for! I will advise to buy a better one even more expensive for a long term investment. But if u use ur camera once every 1-3 month it's ok!
on March 29, 2017
Seems to work fine, although this camera drains batteries kind of fast, especially in video mode so I don't know how much of the problem is camera and how much is underperforming batteries. I should test the amp hours, but haven't.

However, they are cheap enough so I got a bunch and just keep have a dozen charged batteries in my camera bag and that keeps me happily shooting. Frankly I don't remember it was a year or two I got them, but they seem to be still working fine.
on April 9, 2017
It's nice that they offer affordable pricing, but these batteries did not last for me. The original Canon manufactured battery still charges fine and will provide a couple of hours of continuous use. Whereas, these two replacements barely hold a charge at all. This started about 6 months after purchase and was very unfortunate, as I was in the middle of shooting a wedding when they died. Now, one of them lasts under a minute and the other 5-10 minutes tops.

I see from other reviews, users have had success with these batteries, but my advice is not to gamble and just buy a battery you can be assured will last. Especially if photography and/or videography is a source of income for you.
on July 19, 2016
I bought three sets of these for my wedding business and so far they work great. Keep in mind that sometimes you get a bad egg. If it doesn't work, just send it back for another one. You have to expect those kinds of things when you buy off brand stuff. I'd also like to add that I bought these before and for the most part, they last for a long time, but sometimes they randomly die out on you and there's nothing you can do about it. These batteries are so cheap compared to the canon brand, that I find it to be worth the money even with these scenarios being a possibility. Buying 6 for the price of one canon battery seems like an obvious choice. By the way, yes, they seem to work in just about any appropriate battery charger no matter the brand.
on November 25, 2011
These are high performers and work as well as OEM. I use mine in tandem inside a extended battery grip and they seem to hold a charge for a long time - even with video. Highly recommended.
on June 13, 2017
These batteries work great. They aren't pure Canon batteries, and they don't come with the price tag either, so their capacity is a little less than a factory battery. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they fail a couple years from now. But for now, for a cheap backup plan to allow yourself to shoot for longer, these are wonderful.