Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 732 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 762 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 31, 2013
I have given 3 stars, but don't know yet if that is too high or too low. I have just erased a review very critical of the batteries because of new information that indicates it may have been unfair. The cause, I have learned, for at least part of the problem was the camera, not the quality of the batteries. If I find that the cause was entirely the camera, then I will so indicate in this review and give the batteries 5 stars.

My problem was that after a period of time using the camera that the batteries seemed to lose much of their charge. Then not even a fully re-charged battery would work. The charger by means of the green light was saying the batteries were charged. However, the camera would start then shut off immediately saying on the screen that the batteries needed to be charged.

Yesterday I contacted Canon service and received a quick response. The fix, they said, was to remove the battery from the camera, CLOSE the battery door, then press and hold the start button for 1 minute. At the end of the minute, I opened the door, put in the battery, one of those the camera had been saying needed to be charged even though the charger said it was charged, and pressed the start button. This time when the camera started I could see on the screen that the camera considered the battery fully charged. What a relief!

Canon said that what happens is that sometimes the camera's capacitor (whatever that is) retains some of the energy, causing the symptoms that I was experiencing. Removing the battery,closing the battery compartment door, and pressing the start button for 1 minute drains all the energy out of the camera and resets the camera.

I asked whether it was possible that I will have to do this again, the reply was "yes", it is very possible because they don't yet know the cause.
1212 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2013
I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the product and of the care that went into assembly this bundle. I have ordered many battery and charger combinations lately, usually for cell phones, and have been disappointed with the flimsy quality of the chargers. I expected pretty much the same problem with this package, but found that the charger is well made and looks like it will hold up for a long time. In addition to the charger and two batteries, it even came with an car adapter and European plug in case the buyer is lucky enough to travel. This bundle even included 3 screen protectors, a squeegee card to apply them, and microfiber cloth to clean the screen. Impressive.

One more thing. This whole bundle was just $17.99. The battery I brought for my first digital camera (a Sony) cost about $80 and it was just a battery -- no extras and it didn't hold much of a charge. Times are better now.
review image review image
on June 28, 2013
These batteries have 20%+ more capacity than the OEM Canon batteries. And yes, when shooting video I have gotten about 20-30% more time to shoot before battery is exhausted. If only shooting hi-res pictures, 300+ is easy to achieve before battery needs to be re-charged.
on September 15, 2014
The photograph shows a car charger, but I don't recall if mine contained one. Purchased this for my camera. When I first got them, the charge on the batteries held great, but now a year later, it is all hope and by golly. I labeled my batteries "A" and "B" so that I know which one is used and which is the charged one. Noticed that the one labeled "A" is 'better' than B. Example, I can use A for several days, not use it, then use it again and A will just turn off my camera. When I change out A with B, my camera will say charge the battery (or something like that). I did not use battery B - what's up with that?!? I get very irritated, especially after I have to recharge it (B) and the light indicator on the charging unit is GREEN! But when I put it back in my camera, it still says that I need to charge the battery! VERY FRUSTRATING especially when I lose out on the special photographs I should be taking with my back-up battery.

But I like the fact that the charger can be plugged into a wall socket from the unit itself. I also immediately used the screen protector on my camera, which has protected the screen from getting any scratches, etc.
These things are garbage. I recently bought the SX260HS along with some accessories and these spare batteries for a trip to Italy. I know the battery life on the 260 is not that spectacular so I thought having a couple of spares along would be a good deal, and at 1/3rd the price of a single official Canon battery for two of these, it seemed like a good idea.

Not really a surprise (I'll tell you why in a moment) my Canon batt with the camera worked very well within the specified amount of pictures with modest LCD brightness and frequent use of many features. So a few hours later I switch to my back up battery (these ones) and find that one already registers as low and the other says it is full, goes for about an hour and suddenly is totally dead to the point you get the usual message on the LCD to replace the battery pack.

The reason I am not surprised is my last Canon I went through the same motions. Purchased a third party spare, thing never held a charge and died very quickly. So here I am again a few years later with the same problem.

Don't be cheap. Buy the Canon battery if you actually want to be able to take pictures all day without worrying. The camera comes with one, get an extra and you should easily make it through a 16 hour day. If you take a billion pictures a day, then get two. The 30 bucks a piece will be well worth capturing all the memories you want with no stress instead of these cruddy batteries you wont be able to rely on at all.

I should also add that I did ensure I charged them correctly and gave it another go the next day to no avail.
33 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I ordered this at the same time I ordered my new Canon SX170is. The camera came with a wall charger, but this is a car charger that doubles as a wall charger. For the dual charger and two replacement batteries I paid $17.99. Many of the other extra batteries were $13.99 with no charger, so it was a no brainer for me. It was packaged in it's own box and shipped inside the same box as my camera. This kit included a package of screen protectors and cleaning cloth. I charged the batteries before I put them in my camera and decided to use one of these before using the Canon battery to see what I could expect of it. I had it in for a few days, had taken several pictures with it and then it died. I was a little surprised, but then I tallied up the time it had been in the camera and the amount of pictures I had taken with it. Still not as good as the Canon battery, but certainly well worth the money and extras that came with it. I realize that these batteries are not going to be the same as the Canons but for the money it's worth it and I am happy with this purchase.
on January 30, 2014
The battery appears fine and charges with no problem. I haven't run it for long in the camera yet, so I can't say how long it will go.

But, the screen protectors included are terrible. I've put on easily 40 or 50 screen protectors over the years, and some are better than others. I fought with these for 30 minutes to get them applied with a reasonable amount of air bubbles under it and I just can't do it. So many bubbles are left it distorts the screen. The "squeegee card" that comes with them is *cardboard*. Huh? How do you apply any amount of pressure, let alone what you need to apply to remove air bubbles, with cardboard?

Also, "cut to fit" doesn't mean they are already cut! It means you get to cut them to fit your device. Not uncommon, just not clear.

On the bright side, the screen protector doesn't seem to interfere with the touch screen on my S120 at all.

In the long run, I will probably just order a reliable brand and replace the protector.
on August 28, 2013
I recently bought a Canon SX280 and was disappointed by the limited battery life compared to the previous SD750 that I had. But I guess this is the price you pay for progress in the form of additional features such as wifi and GPS.

First I had to update the SX280 fw to fix a known bug with the battery reporting in video mode.
Next I measured the provided battery 10,000 mah and it provided ~20 mins of video with standard features enabled.

My video needs for things such a kids concert bands will definitely exceed this 20 mins so I began looking for additional batteries.

I found this battery pack as well reviewed and highly recommended on Amazon and a dual pack at low price to boot. I received the items rather quickly and have not been disappointed.

I ran the same test as previously with these 12000 mah units and achieved ~ 23 mins under same test conditions. So this seems to scale well with the OEM battery life.
Additionally, I just used the camera to record some video and audio during a concert and was pleasantly surprised to actually capture more video than this with the GPS disabled. I started videoing a song after having already recoded for some time, and the low battery light came on. However, I was able to capture a complete 20 minute clip, with minimal zoom changes, before stopping the capture. I think there may still be a bug with the camera not reporting battery life correctly as evidenced by that capture. However, now that I have these 2 extra batteries I will still be able to change batteries and video more.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone with a Canon SX280.
on June 12, 2013
These batteries work as intended in my Canon SX500 IS. They are very comparable to the oem Canon battery in the amount of charge/life. This camera is not great on battery life but it's not the fault of these batteries. They are fine.

The extras in the kit - the screen protector and polishing cloth - were good too. I was looking for a screen protector for this camera anyway so it was lucky it just happened along with the batteries, which were essential. There's plenty of protector material for making several for the small screen on the SX500. The polishing cloth, while no big deal, was handy for prepping the screen for the protecting film.
on August 20, 2013
Hello again AMAZON fans Everywhere!!!

So we bought this camera, nice camera, but drinks that battery juice like its lemonade on a hot summer day.

We were taking a trip to see Mickey and friends, always take a gazillion pictures, so we needed more batteries.

These little guys fit the bill nicely; popped right in, seemed to last as long as the OEM that came with the camera, and the other goodies were icing on the cake; we actually ended up needing the charger when I forgot to bring the OEM one with me (I pleaded insanity, but the Misses didn't buy it) it too worked like a charm; you just have to take note that you place the battery in correctly, it will go in more than one way, but only one way will charge it.

Shipping was prompt, items worked well; ya cant beat that even with a stick.

Have A Magical Day.