Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BM Premium Pack Of 2 NB6L, NB-6L, NB-6LH Batteries For Canon PowerShot S120, SX170 IS, SX260 HS, SX280 HS, SX500 IS, SX510 HS, SX520 HS, SX530 HS, SX540 HS, SX600 HS, SX610 HS, SX700 HS, SX710 HS, ELPH 500 HS, D10, D20, D30 Digital Camera
Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 714 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon August 31, 2013
I have given 3 stars, but don't know yet if that is too high or too low. I have just erased a review very critical of the batteries because of new information that indicates it may have been unfair. The cause, I have learned, for at least part of the problem was the camera, not the quality of the batteries. If I find that the cause was entirely the camera, then I will so indicate in this review and give the batteries 5 stars.

My problem was that after a period of time using the camera that the batteries seemed to lose much of their charge. Then not even a fully re-charged battery would work. The charger by means of the green light was saying the batteries were charged. However, the camera would start then shut off immediately saying on the screen that the batteries needed to be charged.

Yesterday I contacted Canon service and received a quick response. The fix, they said, was to remove the battery from the camera, CLOSE the battery door, then press and hold the start button for 1 minute. At the end of the minute, I opened the door, put in the battery, one of those the camera had been saying needed to be charged even though the charger said it was charged, and pressed the start button. This time when the camera started I could see on the screen that the camera considered the battery fully charged. What a relief!

Canon said that what happens is that sometimes the camera's capacitor (whatever that is) retains some of the energy, causing the symptoms that I was experiencing. Removing the battery,closing the battery compartment door, and pressing the start button for 1 minute drains all the energy out of the camera and resets the camera.

I asked whether it was possible that I will have to do this again, the reply was "yes", it is very possible because they don't yet know the cause.
1111 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2013
These things are garbage. I recently bought the SX260HS along with some accessories and these spare batteries for a trip to Italy. I know the battery life on the 260 is not that spectacular so I thought having a couple of spares along would be a good deal, and at 1/3rd the price of a single official Canon battery for two of these, it seemed like a good idea.

Not really a surprise (I'll tell you why in a moment) my Canon batt with the camera worked very well within the specified amount of pictures with modest LCD brightness and frequent use of many features. So a few hours later I switch to my back up battery (these ones) and find that one already registers as low and the other says it is full, goes for about an hour and suddenly is totally dead to the point you get the usual message on the LCD to replace the battery pack.

The reason I am not surprised is my last Canon I went through the same motions. Purchased a third party spare, thing never held a charge and died very quickly. So here I am again a few years later with the same problem.

Don't be cheap. Buy the Canon battery if you actually want to be able to take pictures all day without worrying. The camera comes with one, get an extra and you should easily make it through a 16 hour day. If you take a billion pictures a day, then get two. The 30 bucks a piece will be well worth capturing all the memories you want with no stress instead of these cruddy batteries you wont be able to rely on at all.

I should also add that I did ensure I charged them correctly and gave it another go the next day to no avail.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 28, 2013
These batteries have 20%+ more capacity than the OEM Canon batteries. And yes, when shooting video I have gotten about 20-30% more time to shoot before battery is exhausted. If only shooting hi-res pictures, 300+ is easy to achieve before battery needs to be re-charged.
on April 13, 2013
Product works great. Long battery life. Shot photos on vacation and battery finally needs charging after 2 weeks and 450 shots.
on November 7, 2013
I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the product and of the care that went into assembly this bundle. I have ordered many battery and charger combinations lately, usually for cell phones, and have been disappointed with the flimsy quality of the chargers. I expected pretty much the same problem with this package, but found that the charger is well made and looks like it will hold up for a long time. In addition to the charger and two batteries, it even came with an car adapter and European plug in case the buyer is lucky enough to travel. This bundle even included 3 screen protectors, a squeegee card to apply them, and microfiber cloth to clean the screen. Impressive.

One more thing. This whole bundle was just $17.99. The battery I brought for my first digital camera (a Sony) cost about $80 and it was just a battery -- no extras and it didn't hold much of a charge. Times are better now.
review image review image
on June 17, 2013
As good as OEM! Used heavily for 3-week trip and 1200 pictures later I highly recommend this replacement for the OEM's
on June 12, 2013
These batteries work as intended in my Canon SX500 IS. They are very comparable to the oem Canon battery in the amount of charge/life. This camera is not great on battery life but it's not the fault of these batteries. They are fine.

The extras in the kit - the screen protector and polishing cloth - were good too. I was looking for a screen protector for this camera anyway so it was lucky it just happened along with the batteries, which were essential. There's plenty of protector material for making several for the small screen on the SX500. The polishing cloth, while no big deal, was handy for prepping the screen for the protecting film.
on May 21, 2013
Lost my battery charger for my Canon PowerShot SX260 HS camera. Love the camera but not the fact that it takes a special battery and charger. So I was lost until finding this accessory with a new charger and extra battery. It is so complete it has a 12 volt cord, a 110 plug that swings out, and even a UK style twin prong plug for 240 v overseas. The extra battery was a match to my original camera battery. It and my original Canon battery both charged quickly and successfully in the charger. Now I am back in business. Great!
on March 1, 2013
I wanted to get an extra battery for my new camera...so I never run out of power to take
good pictures...looked on Amazon and chose this one.

It works GREAT ! ! ! !
on January 20, 2013
I bought this for my CanonSX500 IS. It works perfectly. In fact, it has a longer life than the battery that came with the camera. Great price.