Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 561 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 583 reviews
on April 11, 2015
This product is offered by more than one seller, so be very aware which one you're buying from. When I bought this kit in 2012 from Butterfly Photo, I received exactly what was pictured, and both the charger and batteries worked great (as good as or better than the original Nikon battery that came with the camera). Recently I re-purchased this product, but unfortunately I bought it from "Amazing Deals Online," and this time I got royally ripped off. The charger pictured in the photo is NOT the charger they send you. The charger they send you is a different brand (Vivitar) than the one pictured, and it doesn't come with an adapter to plug into a cigarette lighter, so unless you already have an adapter, forget using this charger in the car. This cheap Vivitar charger takes hours to charge a battery, and when you finally get a green light, indicating fully charged, the battery goes dead within a minute or two after you put it in the camera. I am not exaggerating - the battery life is literally 1-2 minutes, IF that. (Sometimes a so-called "fully charged" battery won't even power up the camera at all). If you're going to buy this kit, buy it from Butterfly Photo. Do NOT buy this kit from Amazing Deals Online! They are ripping people off. I'm angry and disappointed that Amazon is allowing this rip-off outfit to sell its faulty products to people through the Amazon website. Secondary sellers on Amazon are usually trustworthy, but they let a bad one slip through in this case.
on July 23, 2011
I always have spare batteries handy. I couldn't get the display covers to cooperate but everything else was perfect for me. Great value (look at what you are getting for your money). If you make a lot of pictures you need this. Original camera had only house charger that you had to connect to the camera to charge the batter. The charger in this kit allows you to connect to 12 volt aux in auto. Charge the batteries while travling to your destination.
33 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2012
The charger & batteries are of good quality. Highly recommended as the battery charges through the camera on the P510 and takes four to five hours. Takes about 1.5 hours to charge. They last over 200 pictures per battery.
on July 22, 2012
I needed backup batteries for a trip I was taking out west and thought I'd give this set a try.
I'm thrilled to report that they worked great! - Even better than the original Nikon battery that came with my CoolPix P500 camera.
The charger is a wonderful addition since now I finally can charge my batteries outside of the camera and what a bargain.

I was a bit worried after reading a few reviews where people complained that the batteries did not fit the charger and if
forced into the charger they would not charge. At first when I tried to insert my new batteries into the charge with the
batteries print side up - they did not fit; but that was because I was attempting to put them in the charger wrong. They go in
print side down. So if you get one of these sets and think the battery does not fit the charger, make sure you put the battery
into the charger the right way and you will be thrilled to know it fits and will charge.

I carried 3 batteries with me on my vacation(my original Nikon one and the two from this purchase) During my week long trip out West I took over 1300 photos.
Some days I was able to use only one battery a day, others required me to change out at some point such as my 12 hour excursion to Yellowstone. I decided to use
only these two new batteries in my rotation first to give them a full workout; so every night I charged the exhausted battery and kept on going.
At no point in my trip did I need to resort to my third battery which was the original Nikon that came with my camera (but I had it just in case, since you just never know).

This battery set was well worth the money and a great savings over what one new Nikon EN-EL5 would have cost me. Now I have 3 batteries and an external charger that
will get me through long trips without worrying that I will miss a great shot.

The Charger has a folding plug that flips into the unit; so it's fairly compact and no irritating long outlet cord and plug to take up a lot of space.
There was also a car charger and international plug that came with this set. At this stage of my purchase I'm thrilled with my choice and look forward to using
these batteries as the main power supply for my camera.
on July 7, 2017
I needed the charger, so the batteries and screen protectors were an "extra".
The charger works well. Note that the battery needs to go in "backwards" - look at the battery and charger terminals when you insert the battery.
I previously bought the Power2000 batteries and have been pleased with their price and performance.
on November 30, 2015
I am beyond loving this product. When I bought my last two cameras, I was really frustrated that I had to plug in the camera itself into the charger. This is fantastic. I can leave one battery charging and still take my camera out. The batteries are great as well; last as long as the one that came with my camera.
on August 9, 2017
Such a bargain! I was just looking for a replacement battery but got all the extra for less than what just a battery would cost me elsewhere.
on March 31, 2012
I purchased this battery and charger kit to have spare batteries on hand and to have a better and faster way to recharge a battery than through my Nikon Coolpix P500 camera. The battery fits well in the charger and charging was complete in no longer than 1 1/2 hours. This is compared to the 4 hrs. and 50 min. that the Nikon people say to allow charging thru the camera. I have not yet tried the DC adapter in my car. I haven't used the batteries purchased, so can't compare their life with the original battery.
The LCD screen protector is great. I have had the camera for only a short time and have been very careful to protect the LCD screen. However, when I cleaned it prior to putting the screen protector on it, I noticed a few small scratches. The protector material is a little tricky to get on perfectly, ie: no air bubbles, but after a couple tries, it is very satisfactory, and small bubbles are not noticed when the camera is on. I am very satisfied with this kit.
on June 2, 2011
I received the 2 Pack Battery & Charger Kit For Nikon my new P500 Digital Camera along with the AC/DC Rapid Charger, LCD Screen Protector, and MicroFiber Cleaning Cloth from Butterfly Photo in just about 5 days from when I ordered the product. The batteries were charged and are working fine. Due to the nature of my work, being able to charge the batteries while in the car is great. The batteries take about 3-4 hours to fully charge which is not a problem as I have two extra batteries with me most all the time. I was very pleased with the speed in which Butterfly Photo sent out the product.
on September 25, 2012
The price for the package is great,the batteries are fine, but the actual charger does not work. We used it recently on a trip to Europe. When we went to recharge the batteries, the unit did not work. It had a consistent green light which usually means the battery is fully charged; however, it would not charge the battery. We also tried the cigarette lighter option to charge the batteries and it did not work either. There must be a malfunction with the actual unit. To make sure that it wasn't the batteries, or user error, we found a camera store and purchased a new battery charger. The batteries charged fine on the different charger we had purchased saving our trip!

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT FOR THE CHARGER!! If it is the batteries that you want, then they are fine. We have recharged them twice and they hold a decent charge and work great for the Nikon AW100.

I am very upset that our entire trip would have been ruined due to this company's faulty equipment.