Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Replacement Laptop Battery for APPLE MacBook Pro 15", A1175 MA348 MA348*/A MA348G/A MA348J/A, Li-Polymer, 10.8V, 5800mAh, 62wHr, 6 Cells
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on August 18, 2011
I will say I was very hesitant to purchase a non-Apple brand battery, but after reading reviews of the Apple batteries, and the massive replacement cost I decided to give this battery a try. Like many others, my MacBook Pro has been pretty useless as the original battery was completely dead.

This is my first replacement for my Macbook Pro, and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised thus far. The battery arrived with 1 charge cycle, and about 80% charge. The first day I charged it full, and let it drain all the way down. I was surprised to get almost 4 hours out of this battery especially considering I was running iTunes and a CAD program for a good portion of the time. Even when my original Apple battery was new, I was only ever able to get a little over 3 hours.

Installation was as simple as popping in the new battery. I did not have to do any process to initialize the battery or the power settings as some other batteries have indicated. Once the battery was plugged in the OS recognized it and it was no different than the original battery operation.

Other reviews have mentioned that the battery does not sit flush with the surface and the color is a little off. The color is very close to the rest of the laptop and not sure why you would care about what the bottom of your laptop looks like anyway. You would really have to be looking in good light to tell a difference. As far as the fit; the battery I received fits completely flush with the surface and does not get caught on any surface that I set it on. It has the same fit as the original battery.

At this point, I only have about 4 cycles on the battery, but thus far the battery operation is flawless. It holds a charge and has full OSX functionality.

Overall, you will pay less than half the price for this replacement that seemingly works better than the Apple equivalent. I would definitely recommend this battery to anyone looking for a good replacement or spare for their MacBook Pro.
66 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2011
Works fine so far. Price was fair considering I was purchasing it for an older computer.
Unfortunately, the battery case dimensions are off slightly. It fits the computer case opening, however the sharp edges of the battery case protrude beyond the bottom of the computer case, causing scratching of wood desk surfaces etc.
on June 27, 2011
Came in the mail earlier than expected with 63% of the battery charged. Wasn't really a problem though because when I fully charged it to 100%, the life span fluctuated between 3 hours to 3 and a half hours, which was surprisingly great (mind you I was also in a Skype call and watching a movie on my computer simultaneously, so this is actually really great). It came new with 1 cycle and its health was good when I checked its battery information in the System Profiler (I use a 2-year old Macbook Pro OS X). The color matches perfectly with the rest of my computer; although, like for others, it does stick out a bit on two of the corners- about a millimeter. The reasons why I'm giving it 4 stars and not 5 is because it doesn't fit perfectly and the battery's life span time keeps changing.
on January 27, 2012
I am currently on the 3rd replacement of this battery. Each has been slightly different that the others, but none have actually been 5800 mAh batteries. System Info and coconutBattery report the design capacity of all three as 5500 mAh. I do think that Amazon needs to change the listing to 5500mAh rather than the stated 5800. All three of these replacement batteries are significantly lighter than the original Apple battery. The quality control by whoever is manufacturing these seems to be quite lacking.

Battery #1. As per most other reviews, it did not fit perfectly, it sticks up from the case a bit - not enough to cause serious problems with the track pad that some have reported, but it does affect it slightly. After the initial charge to full and then draining completely to get an accurate reading for full charge capacity, mine has only 86% current capacity (4771 mAH). . The Manufacturer is listed as Sony (ASMB012) in System Information. After 2 deep charge/recharge cycles the capacity reported as 4679 mAh, falling even farther from advertised rated capacity. I contacted Amazon to let them know that this battery is really a 5500 mAh battery not a 58000 as advertised. They quickly credited my account, provided a free return label and paid for overnight shipping of a replacement. Thank you Amazon for great service.

Battery #2 The replacement battery from another seller arrived today and it is also a 5500 mAh battery not a 5800, even though a label on it says it is 5800. Apparently all the sellers are selling 5500 mA. System info and coconutBattery report the capacity as 4776 after two full discharge/charge cycles. The fit is bit better on this one, but still not like a real Apple battery. This battery is also a Sony ASMB012

Battery #3 The original seller, TechOrbits Inc., sent me a replacement free of charge, they seem to be a very reliable place. This battery is entirely a different construction from the previous 2. It's manufacturer is listed as ML ASMB014. It fits nearly perfectly (looks and feels more like a genuine Apple battery). All the plastic molding parts are much more precisely made. However it is reporting only 4726 mAh after 6 cycles. .
on February 29, 2012
I had previously posted how disappointed I was in this product.
The battery got stuck in my laptop (would not come out) and I had to pry it out
I ended up being injured and scratched the bottom of my case, on top of that, the battery was punctured and started smoking.
I almost had a fire to deal with because of the way Li-ion reacts to air.

Amazon remedied the situation when I asked how I would get a refund due to the fact I cannot ship a damaged battery.
They immediately refunded me, and offered one day shipping on a replacement which I have accepted (willing to attempt once more)

The strange thing is, my original review 'Disappeared'...
I'm sorry, but that is unacceptable -- I will edit my review if the replacement is up to quality, but people deserve to know the full risks of buying this product. (I'm talking to YOU amazon.)
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2011
The battery I received (and returned) was slightly too thick and pushed up on the underside of the trackpad click button rendering the button 'unclickable'. The battery worked aside from that. I'm attributing this issue to bad quality control. Not going to try another one of these batteries - too much hassle. I ended up running to the Apple Store and paying full price. Would have been nice to save some money, but this product is just too low of quality and ordering one seems like a gamble whether it will work/fit properly.
on September 22, 2011
The reviews in the Apple Store for replacement A1175 batteries were so dismal that I felt I had little to lose getting a third party replacement. Mine came very quickly by Priority Mail. Its color and fit are fine. The battery weighs less than the Apple brand because it has a gray plastic back instead of metal; this is the face with printing that doesn't show when installed. The little button you press to see the five green charging lights is a matte aluminum color rather than Apple's neatly polished button. I don't think is worth the price difference.
Here is a copy of my System Profiler info as I write this using battery power with 2:16 remaining. This does not mean a great deal to me but you may be interested.

Model Information:
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -1713
Voltage (mV): 11761
on June 21, 2011
My old MacBook Pro has had a rough life and has a lot of dings and dents and has been dropped more than a few times. I was reluctant to invest more money in it, but this battery's price is much more within my budget than getting one from Apple. The color isn't perfect but it's close enough to pass a cursory inspection and, given how beat up my laptop is, the fit is a lot better than I have any reason to expect. The connections are perfect but, when fully seated, the battery is just a little higher than flush with the rest of the case. Since the corners and edges are smooth, I don't anticipate this causing any problems getting caught or snagged on anything. This is the only reason I didn't give it five stars. I especially liked the instructions that came with it, walking me through the steps to properly break in my battery. I would definitely recommend this battery.
on September 6, 2011
The battery arrived and registers 5269 milli amp-hrs with a design capacity of 5200 mAhrs though it is stamped as 5800. I've checked with two software programs. It fits, though not as neatly as the original and the finish on the metal edging is poor, about what I'd expect for $85 less than an apple one. My apple one only cycled 390 times, so it is not as if getting the pricey one necessarily helps. I've contacted amazon about an exchange.
on December 12, 2014
Where do I even begin? I haven't had this battery for a long time. I rarely used the laptop I put it in. Yet...it somehow practically blew up my laptop - the touchpad is completely warped and cracked. I read the reviews and the comments and I ignored them. DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR LAPTOP. I'm not sure if the battery had anything to do with the display giving out, but not long after I installed the battery, yep, the display went kaputz. Thankfully I can connect it to one of my iMacs, but my laptop is now toast. DO NOT BUY THIS BATTERY! I REPEAT !!DO NOT BUY THIS BATTERY!!
review image review image review image