BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 24, 2014
OK, first off, these Power2000 batteries work in my Nikon D5200 with the latest firmware (C1.02). No error message about needing to use official Nikon batteries. They're also pretty cheap compared to official branded batteries. According to the label printed on them, they should also provide more power over the battery that came with my camera.

Nikon EN-EL14 = 7.4V / 1030mAh / 7.7Wh
Power2000 EN-EL14A = 7.4V / 1500mAh / 11.1Wh

Unfortunately, they don't. I bought two of these batteries, and compared them to the battery that came with my camera. I tested each battery twice for total length of record time before requiring a recharge.

Power2000 #1 ~50 minutes video

Nikon weight = 48g

Power2000 #1 - 73 minutes charge time
Power2000 #2 - 73 minutes charge time
Nikon - 94 minutes charge time

So far the batteries seem to work well, just not nearly as well as claimed. For the price they are an OK value (don't know what the lifespan will be). Based on performance however, they're not nearly the deal they seem to be. They last about 30% less than a standard battery. I don't regret the purchase, but I think I'll go with official brand next time.
on August 29, 2013
Bought this as a backup for my D5100 and D3200 Nikons, and both cameras gave me the message that the battery wasn't compatible with them even though they are on the list of cameras the battery is supposed to work with. The battery was made by Vivitar, and looking at Vivitar's web site, it doesn't list either of these cameras as being compatible, just the D3100, so these guys should have known better than to advertise this as working for all the cameras they list. These were shipped from 33 Street Camera, which gave me a refund, though I still had to pay for the return shipping.
on October 8, 2012
Heard problems with these batteries not working on the Nikon D3100, but not this one it works great with my D3100 camera. If you need a spare battery this is the one for you.
on June 6, 2015
This battery did not charge properly in my Nikon charger. Within a few minutes of putting it in the charger the light would blink quickly indicating it was not charging properly. I tried a number of times to charge it with no success. I do not know if Nikon has a battery authentication check, like apple, but this just didnt work with my D3300 charger.
on February 12, 2015
I have a Nikon D5200 camera. I bought this battery to serve as a backup for those long photo shoots. The first thing I noticed about this battery is when I placed it in the Nikon charger, the LED light flickered rapidly as if something was wrong. I removed it and connected it multiple times and the light still flashed rapidly. So, after a while I placed the battery in my camera and it reflected a full battery. However, the battery did not last more than 20 to 30 minutes and less than 50 photos! The camera informed me the battery needed to be replaced. I tried to charge it again later that day and it would NOT charge. I do not believe this battery is compatible with an official Nikon charger. Therefore, it's worthless to me.
on May 28, 2014
This not a good comparison because of the learning curve and different memory chips. The Power2000 for NIKON works very well in my NIKON D3300. I have only had it and the D3300 a short time. 3-4 weeks. I took 737 pictures 6 videos from 9 minutes to 24 minutes and a lot of learning about the camera. I used a SD 16 GB class 4 memory chip, before I charged the original battery. I don't know the read or write time for this SD chip.

I have not recharged the Power2000 I have taken 567 Pictures 11 videos ranging from 9 minutes to 22 minutes using a Komputerbay 64GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 600X UHS-I Ultra High Speed Flash Memory Card 40MB/s Write 90MB/s Read 64 GB I only used 2 bars on the battery.
As I said not a good comparison but I am very pleased. Compared to the number of picture I get with the Nikon D70 or D80 it is amazing. I will follow up when I can compare with the same memory chip. The class 10 reads and writes so much faster class 4 it uses less power.
on January 27, 2015
I can only take 28 pictures using the viewfinder with this battery. Battery only takes 20 minutes to fully charge, so I am sure the battery is bad. I am returning it for a refund. Will buy from someone else.
review image
on June 5, 2016
This battery came partially charged. Because I was leery of the performance of a "non-Nikon" battery I immediately put it in my camera to ensure proper function. It worked fine and showed a full battery. I snapped a few "trial" images and all was fine. I stuck it in my charger just in case and used it as the initial battery to shoot a wedding reception. I shot a total of 723 images (using JPG-RAW) the majority with an external powered flash (just FYI). I was expecting to change the battery somewhere mid session, but it was fine throughout; and there was a significant amount of power left. I'm happy and (with the presumption of even quality in the production line), I would feel comfortable recommending this and (naturally) buying more. Oh, and the cleaning cloth that's included is nice also.
on May 11, 2014
Hi there,

I own Nikon D5100 and I don't know why, but my original battery doesn't last long as expected. Altough, I do change a lot of settings on the way and also using the flash a lot (which I sometimes do), so that drain the battery as well.
Anyway, i bought this one just like additional one...and I can say that I am very happy with it.

Yesterday was my first time using it , so maybe this is too early to post this, but according to me, it last more than my original (Nikon) one. Fully charged - i placed in the camera and went out and i was shooting maybe 4-5 hrs non stop - changing settings and all - and it lasted for the whole time. (which is not the case with the original one)
Altough the red battery symbol will blink, the camera did not switch off right away. Maybe I had 1 - 1.5 hour like that, but everything was working perfectly fine.

I highly recommend this battery, the prize is good and I believe that additional battery is must have in your DSLR bag.

---------------

UPDATE:

One year later, this battery stopped working. It just don't want to charge. I guess $15 are enough for one year, but I would recommend to buy a original Nikon battery next time.
on April 24, 2014
I received this yesterday and I put it in my Nikon D5200. It didn't work. I thought perhaps it needed charging, so I put in on my Nikon D5200 battery charger. The charging light started blinking superfast. After a few hours I removed it, put it back in the camera, and my camera still would not come on.