Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 362 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 381 reviews
on December 17, 2015
It has been working better than my original Nikon battery and holding the charge for longer (very likely because this is 2200mAh vs the 1900mAh for the original Nikon EN-EL15).

I have a D7000 with an external grip, and normally the Nikon dies first, so I tend to keep the Nikon in the grip and the replacement in the camera. No problems so far in the time I have had this battery and I'd recommend it completely, and even better at less than half the price of the original Nikon.

Update 2017: The battery doesn't hold the charge for too long. So with time, seems like the Nikon is now again working better than this battery. However it served its purpose. And worked fairly well during its early days
on March 19, 2015
I purchased two of these batteries one year ago, the cheap price won me over. Everything has been fine, no problems. THEN last week I charged them up for a WEDDING this past weekend. They showed they were fully charged (according to charger light indicator) Saturday morning, I placed my BM battery in my camera. Charge went from FULL TO ONE BAR within 3 seconds. So I placed my other BM battery in my camera. Same thing. What are the odds? Luckily, my D800 came with an actual Nikon battery, which was fully charged, but I was in panic mode with only having one dependable battery for a wedding day- off to the only camera store around, 45 minutes away.

These batteries are fine as a cheap alternative and for a hobby photographer. IF YOU ARE A PRO, DO NOT BUY THESE. You may be in deep poo one day!
on May 2, 2017
This is a good battery, but it's not great. 3 stars that it works, and you'll get about half the charge out of it, as opposed to the genuine Nikon batteries. Even though the amount of juice is the same, in the real world it doesn't hold up.

Mine is now completely dead after 1.5 years. My Nikon is still going strong. Spend the extra $$ and get the real version, instead of paying over and over again for a replacement for your replacement.
on June 23, 2017
I have had this battery for many months, it works just as well as the original Nikon battery in my 7100 and I rotate them as they need charging. Works well with the original and aftermarket chargers too. The camera does not flag it as being a different battery either. Lots cheaper than OEM and great quality.
on September 20, 2017
The battery is OK!. But my D5200 camera flag it as being a different battery,so it won't work alone. The battery doesn't contain the chip that identifies the battery as Nikon. I use this with a battery grip/pack and if I insert the original battery first all is good. I also noticed it doesn't last as long as the original battery. It feels that it holds the charge only 40%-50%. But the short batter charge not work the weight carrying it around. However, it is not a bad item at all. For the price it gives a value.
on November 15, 2016
**UPDATE** WORKS WITH THE NIKON D500 but the battery life is nowhere near as good as the OEM battery! Has never shown full battery status (always one bar less than full even if left overnight on the OEM charger) on the D500 after a charge and feels like about 40-50% of the OEM or even less. I can get a full day of shooting (6-8 hours hiking and photographing) on one OEM battery with one bar left. This battery last about 3 hours only- disappointed!
This battery is less than half the price of the proprietary Nikon battery and averages 650 shots in my Nikon D7000, 300 less than my OEM battery. This still makes this worth it. I have no trouble using this in the OEM charger or in another third-brand charger, either. It fits in the battery slot without being too snug or difficult to remove. It takes about two hours to fully charge. The question still remains: how long will it be able to maintain its charge and be useful in the field? And how long will it be usable? All rechargeable batteries eventually die and can no longer carry a charge.
on September 8, 2017
Held off writing a review until I had a chance to use this battery through several charge cycles. My impression is that it discharges slightly faster than the original Nikon battery, but also charges faster. Using it as a second battery in the grip with the original Nikon battery in the camera, a D7000. The camera is able to read the battery and display its charge level and age. Definitely gives me peace of mind heading out on long shoots with two fully charged batteries in the camera. I'm usually not a big fan of off-brand substitutes for Nikon products, but so far so good with this one.
on August 12, 2017
Seems like a nicely priced product and a good alternative to Nikon batteries. I bought my NIkon D7000 almost 4 years ago. The original Nikon battery is still going strong - no issues. But the first BigMike battery died and then I bought a replacement. Now the replacement shows that it has charged fully but doesn't deliver the full charge. So I am off to buying a 3rd battery. So when you add up the costs of the non-working battery and the fact that my Nikon battery is still going strong, this thing is no bargain in the long term.
on December 4, 2013
Lasts much longer (maybe 30-50% longer?). Marked as 2400mah/7.4v, compared to 1900/7.0v on the OEM (see pics).

Tested with a D7100. Capacity reads correctly (appears properly chipped). Still reads "new" after heavy use, so I'm not sure that gauge works correctly, but the capacity reads true.

Funny thing is this battery charges more reliably than the OEM battery on the OEM charger! Half the time I pop the OEM battery in the charger, it will blink furiously and I'll have to remove it a reinsert it several times before it charges properly. This knockoff, no-name battery works way better!

UPDATE! My review is for a battery that is labelled 7.4v/2400mah. Amazon has a battery with different specs under this listing now. Please see the pics for this item that I have uploaded. THAT is the item my review is for.
review image review image review image