Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on April 26, 2014
So I bought this battery 4 months ago as a backup for my Canon 70D. I charged it fully, used it until it needed charging again, and then fully recharged it. I then didn't need it for a few weeks, and it sat in my bag. When I pulled it out (on a vacation), it had lost all of it's charge and was completely dead. frustrating. When I returned home, I fully recharged it again, and immediately put it into my camera. It worked fine, but only lasted maybe a third the time of a Canon brand battery. Once depleted, I did the charge cycle again, and got the same results. Thus, this battery works fine in a Canon 70D, but be aware that it doesn't last as long under use, and it doesn't hold a charge very long when not in use. I would recommend charging it just before your trip or photo shoot, and maybe bring your charger too.
on August 4, 2015
This battery worked for about a year perfectly normally but then after 12 months my camera started showing me the completely dead battery symbol and not turning on at random times no matter how charged the battery was or what battery I put in the camera. The camera would do this continually for several hours and then randomly resume normal operation. This meant that at random times my camera would become completely inoperable for 10-24 hours leaving me up a creek many times. When I figured out it was the battery I examined the battery and noticed that the battery is not even using the same Voltage as the stock canon battery for my canon 60d (7.2V vs. 7.4V). While I was trying to troubleshoot my problem I did a bunch of reading on the internet of stuff people having the same problem as me had posted, and several different people were having to spend $300 to get their motherboard replaced in order to fix this problem.

The bottom line is that it is not worth the money you save by purchasing this battery to risk your camera getting ruined.
on July 7, 2014
When I first purchase this battery I did notice as other people have said that it did not last as long as the battery that came with my camera. I used it mainly as a backup battery it was fine. As I progressively used it I noticed it last for shorter and shorter amount of time and a couple of weeks ago it would turn my camera on and then shut off immediately and now it will not hold a charge at all. I purchased this battery in mid January of this year so not even six months after purchasing the battery is not working at all. I have a Canon 7d.
on June 16, 2013
i bought this battery as a back up for my 5D mark iii and it works fine as a back up. i can tell it does not have as much life, maybe 3/4. but for the price it works as a back up. i don't have much luck at all with generic batteries so hope it lasts with not problems. being broke after buying the best camera i could afford, i'm glad that people make cheep back up batteries.
on April 7, 2016
Seems to work just fine. There is no way I am going to pay the outrageous price for an OEM Canon battery when I can get a quality battery like this for considerably less. I have owned many Canon cameras and most of the batteries I have purchased have been third party and only one of them has ever actually failed.
on April 3, 2017
Excellent Battery, great price and even better than the original. Shipping was super fast also!!
on June 28, 2016
I am still testing them. I bought 4 of them with out hesitation. Why? the price is very good. The technical specs are good enough and I think for my Canon 60D, 70D and 7D works fine. You know what are you buying a Battery replacement, would not have same performance as Canon stuff. Price excellent and exports to Mexico.
on September 24, 2015
I bought this a year ago. It worked well for a year, then it started having problems. I would change a lens and my camera would power off and not turn on until I popped the battery out. It didn't do that with the Canon battery. Now it says it's charged, but doesn't power on my camera. I will not buy another one of these again.

I use a Canon 6d.
on April 2, 2014
Just as described! It took a full charge in my OEM charger that came with the original camera. Seems to last quite a while! Really glad I picked this up.
on August 19, 2015
I got this about 18 months ago for my Canon 70D. Used it in rotation with the OEM Canon battery. It was great while it lasted, but about 2 months ago it stopped holding a charge. I shoot a lot of sports photography and I've missed shots due to the battery running out much faster than expected. So I won't be using this any more.