Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,763 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,842 reviews
on June 1, 2016
I moved and accidentally left the original charger for this computer at my old apartment, so I came to Amazon looking for a replacement charger. I saw this one for $7.99 and figured why not try it. I wasn't too surprised by the fact that it looked super cheap when I took it out of the package because it was only $8. All the mattered was that it charged the computer, which it did.... for a while.

Originally the computer accepted the charger as one of its own. It didn't give any error messages or charge slower than the original. It wasn't until about a week ago that I got a message upon starting my computer that the charger wasn't recognized, and to replace it with an original Dell charger. Then it stopped charging the computer. As long as my computer was plugged in the battery wouldn't drain, but if I removed it from the charger and my battery went from 100% to 80%, it would never go above or below 80% until I unplugged it again. I'm not sure why this happened. Maybe an update on my computer? I really didn't troubleshoot much because I was able to get a friends old charger. The point is it doesn't work for a long time.

I didn't bother contacting the manufacturer or anything because for $8, I'm surprised it worked at all honestly(which is why I gave it 3 stars rather than the 1 or 2 star rating I would've given it had the price been higher). If your in a bind and can only afford to pay this low price to get your computer up and running again, go for it. If you're looking for a permanent solution, I wouldn't look for it here.
on December 30, 2010
I ordered this for my Dell Laptop when the original one started going bad. The Dell website wanted too much for a new one and most reviews for the Dell brand cords were poor. So, I searched on Amazon and figured I would try this one which was much cheaper than others and had received some good reviews. Plus, if it turned out bad, I wouldn't be out of a lot of money. I am very pleased with this purchase. It works great and does exactly what it should plus it doesn't get hot with use like the original cord did. It's plugged into my laptop right now actually. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. It arrived when it was supposed to without any problems. Excellent price, Great buy!
0Comment| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2016
I bought one of these two years ago in October 2014 as a replacement for my original Dell power cord. My original cord's outer rubberized covering began pulling away from the male plug that goes into the computer, exposing the three small wires inside. So now two years later it still looks like that and continues to work but I'm sure one day it will go tits up for good. Meanwhile, I have used the replacement cord constantly, moving it between several plugs where I like to hang out and use my computer. It has worked beautifully with no problems overheating or pulling apart whatsoever. My original power cord has a built-in white light on the male plug which is handy for finding it and plugging it in while in the dark. The replacement does not. No big deal. So anyway I checked my account activity and returned here to buy a couple more of the same cord so I can have them at each station and not have to keep unplugging and moving them. Maybe I got lucky but my cord has been great. I hope yours is too!
on December 7, 2014
I think someone else mentioned this, but the plug ends are a tad bit smaller that the original, so they tend to come loose very easily. They fit, but not snuggly. I've had this thing for a very long time now, and I have had no problems at all. It does get warm but actually not as warm as the original and it is so much cheaper!! I will buy again if this one ever dies on me. The only reason I'm giving it 3 stars and not more is because the plug ends do not fit snuggly (the one that goes into the back of the laptop and the one that goes into the power supply/converter thing in the middle) The actual "plug" that goes into the wall is fine.
on April 4, 2017
My puppy chewed through my last one and I started frantically searching online for a universal one or another dell one. All of those wanted to charge me an arm and a leg with ridiculous shipping and tax charges. I was so thrilled that I was able to find the exact one I needed for my computer. Now I can still keep doing homework and keep a closer eye on my puppy's chewing habit.
on April 18, 2017
A great replacement adapter for an old laptop that I must continue to use due to my job. I LOVED the price! I've been using this adapter now for at least a month and I have no issues with it whatsoever. I can't even tell it's not from the manufacturer.
on December 3, 2014
I purchased this for my friends daughter. I'm working on her Dell Inspiron 1545. The description said it would work, right watts and so fourth. It cost $ 7.50 for the unit and I could not believe shipping and handling was $ 8.00 bringing the total to $ 15.50 I still thought that wasn't bad. Here's the problem. I had it on the floor when I plugged it into the wall outlet, then plugged it into her computer. I worked, but it made a loud electrical noise. I picked it up and it was getting hot. I've been using my friends adapter while working on her computer and I can tell you that nothing like that happened with it. I can't give it to her because I'm afraid it will burn her apartment down. It's not worth my time sending it back, I'll only get about $ 3.50 back if that after shipping. I will NEVER order a product form this company again. I'll be honest. It's my fault for ordering it from a company who has such high shipping chargers for something so small. I found the exact replacement part for $ 15.97 model number and everything. I wish I would looked more, but I was ordering a replacement drive for my friend's laptop on Amazon.
on March 11, 2017
A few months before I got this, I gave my brother a new laptop. The charging cable was breaking down after several years as they do. So I got online and bought him a new charger... in the wrong size. Of course I couldn't have that, so I came back here and found this thing. Of course, I was nervous and didn't think it would fit, but I held out and hoped that it would. And sure enough, it fit, and it works like a charm. The old charging cable was retired, the new has replaced the old, and now I've got to return the too-small charger.
on February 15, 2012
When the charger for my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop broke, I was really shocked to find that other places like Best Buy and Target were charging anywhere from $50 to $90 for a replacement "universal" laptop charger. So naturally, I came to Amazon looking for a better deal.

For anyone who's dubious of the quality of such an inexpensive charger, don't worry. It works perfectly. I've read reviews where others have had issues with these replacement off-brand adapters overheating and messing up their computers, but this one does nothing of the sort. I've had it plugged in for quite awhile now and while it's a little hot (as is acknowledged on a warning sticker on the adapter), it's definitely not anywhere near hot enough to be causing problems. I also appreciate the fact that it's a lot lighter than the original charger that came with my laptop, which felt like lugging around a brick sometimes.

Additionally, the charger shipped the same day I bought it and arrived two days early. So absolutely no complaints there.

So instead of spending ridiculous amounts of money on one of those crazy universal deals with the 24 different heads that can easily fall off and be lost, if you can help it and go a couple days without a charger, spring for this one and just wait for it to come in the mail. You'll be glad you did.
on February 10, 2014
Due to some annoyingness in the way many Dell laptops "authenticate" chargers, sometimes knock-off chargers (and authentic but damaged Dell chargers) will let you run the laptop, but not charge the battery. Combine this with the fact the authentic Dell chargers are extremely expensive and break all the time, and you understand why I consider them the main weakness with Dell laptops.

We're a Dell household however, because the laptops themselves are very well made, and it's nice that all our chargers are interchangeable. Bought 2 of these to replace a pair of broken ones, and they work marvelously, and despite the "cheap" feel they have to them, they have even outlasted many of the authentic Dell chargers we've had.

Definitely would buy again, if we ever need new chargers.