Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 590 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 635 reviews
on August 30, 2014
Decided to pick up an extra battert for my on camera LED light for an event I was going to do. This battery felt as heavy as the Sony battery that I already have and the charge lasted just as long. I was able to use it as a backup battery half way through the vent and completed the project with no issues. This replacement battery is a winner.
This battery worked great with my Dimmable LED video light and the Insten Battery Charger. It's kind of odd that they don't sell everything together however it was still cheaper than some more expensive brands that I've come across.
on January 23, 2017
These are not as advertised. I tried ordering them twice and they are not 550 or 570s, they are 330s. Read the label!
on November 10, 2012
Let me be clear, there are plenty enough horror stories on the Internet about how you can ruin a good camcorder with bad batteries. These stories are real, and companies like Sony have taken to putting special chips in their batteries to keep people from using them. Not only does this lock the customer into buying overpriced battery replacements, it also saves Sony some money from doing warranty repairs because that cheap battery wasn't made to Sony's specifications. While YOU would never call in a warranty on an item you'd knowingly damaged, there are people that would, and warranty repairs cost money.

Some replacement batteries are very high quality. Others are not. How do you know which is which? Trial and error is a little like Russian roulette with your camcorder. Tons of research is almost more trouble than it is worth, especially with 'plant' reviews. However, if there is no brand name on the battery or it is labeled Sony when you know it isn't, I wouldn't trust it out the gate. The batteries I received had no brand markings on them. So no, I don't trust them.

That said, I bought them to go in my LED light. For that, they are working wonderfully and I have no complaints. They are rechargeable and cheaper than AAs if I get 2 full uses out of them. I do not KNOW that they are not good enough for a camcorder, but I would not try it. They work fine for my light though, and neither one has failed me.
on August 23, 2011
These are is going into the camera bag to be used in conjunction with a CN-160 LED light pack. As things stray, fall out and otherwise disappear during road trips, these are not expected to be around forever. Which is unfortunate as they appear to be well constructed and possess that sturdy feeling like good batteries do.

As they were just acquired, can not attest to there charge life or other factors. In time I will report it here, just to make AJ happy.

Ok, here we are, so many days down the road, can't remember when this was penned. The 'Light Pack' and the batteries have been stored for the past year and a half. Had reason to use it a couple days ago. When stowed away the batteries (3) were fully charged. Tested each of them and they still held a strong charge.

Upping this from a 'review' to a 'recommendation'. The batteries and lite pack are being relocated from the camera bag to the Bug Out Bag.
on March 22, 2017
Nice quality, long lasting. Would buy again.
on November 15, 2014
Long lasting and reliable
on March 8, 2017
Life saver. :)
on March 3, 2017
nice
on July 8, 2012
Charged battery to use with Neewer video light, doesn't work. Charger may be problem, but it showed green light when charging. Either way, it sucks.

Edit: Trying to return, and just learned I will have to pay postage. You have been warned. Double suck.

Edit: Eforcity won't replace, just refund, you pay the postage. Triple suck.

Quote: Return for refund (original purchase price only, shipping and handling is NOT refundable): 30 days from the Invoice date.
Return for replacement: No replacement is offered
Defective Products: Credited refund for purchase price to original method of payment
77 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse