Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Netbook Battery for Select Asus Eee PC Laptops
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on September 23, 2010
This seems to be a very good aftermarket replacement battery for Eee PC netbooks. I bought another battery online that was about $10 less, but the "fit" on it was terrible and I had to return it (at MY expense). But THIS battery fit my Eee PC 901 PERFECTLY. Not too loose, not too tight, but just right.

The claimed capacity is 6600 mAh which is the same as the original battery. I've run it through a charge/discharge cycle a couple of times (to condition it) and on the first go-'round it ran about 4 hours with the screen on maximum brightness, running Internet Explorer set to refresh automatically on the National Weather Service radar page, and both the wireless and bluetooth receivers "on". I'm sure I'll get 5+ hours with normal usage (and a lower brightness setting).

It's very hard to "guess" which of the aftermarket batteries will be good, but I believe this is one of them.

One more thing, if you have a sense of humor the "Instruction Manual" had some very amusing elements. Under "cautions" it included...

*Never hammer a nail into the battery pack.
*Never hit a hammer on the battery pack.

For those of you with a hammer fetish, this might be a problem.
on September 2, 2010
My original battery that came with my eee pc lasted between 3 and 4 hours before eventually holding no charge after about a year and a half. I had been looking around and eventually settled on this battery because it was offered through amazon prime.

I have had the battery for about a month now. The battery works great. Unlike reviews for similar batteries that had issues fitting this battery fits snug like the original. Additionally, the battery life holds over 6 hours with internet use and mid level brightness.

I would definitely recommend this battery if you are looking for a replacement.

***UPDATE***

I noticed more sellers are listing under this product page, I ordered mine from Superb Sellers. I am not sure if the others offer the same battery so I thought I would share that information for those who are looking for the same one I purchased. I assume/hope the others are of the same quality, but cannot verify that.
on June 7, 2010
I purchased two of these batteries to extend the time we might use our two EeePC 1000HE netbooks without a wall outlet. The batteries received are shaped differently, larger, than the batteries supplied with the netbooks. A full-width hump, evidently holding additional cells, sticks roughly a half inch further out the back of the netbook. The batteries also seem slightly heavier than those supplied.

Fit within the netbook's battery compartment is very tight, making the new batteries hard enough to install and virtually impossible to remove. Part of the problem was a serial number label sloppily extending slightly over the mounting mechanism on one side. However, removing that label (supposedly voiding the warranty) and glue did not entirely resolve the problem. To remove the battery, I still had to turn the netbook upside down and tug hard with both hands while my wife held the battery release button. After several fittings, the batteries supplied with the EeePC's seemed to fit a bit more loosely in the battery compartment while the newly purchased batteries remained extremely tight.

Finally, to make matters worse, only one battery actually charged. While one finished charging long before, the other did not fully charge after roughly 20 hours of charge time with the netbook off.

After all that, I obviously decided to return both batteries. I'm now looking for actual ASUS-brand batteries, which is surprisingly difficult since nearly all seem to be selling "compatibles" similar to this battery or those with a much lower mAh rating. This (lack of good additional or replacement batteries) was something I did not anticipate when buying a brand-name netbook.
on May 16, 2011
This battery by far outshines even the original battery that came with the netbook. So far, full charges have been lasting 6-7 hours. The original lasted about 5 hours max. I keep the old one handy just in case I need a little extra time but it's only good for about 2 hours now. Overall, very happy with the product.
on April 21, 2011
This battery is a perfect fit for my Eee PC 1000h. The old battery was only holding up for an hour or less. This battery now gives me over 5 hours, which is what the old one did when new. It is the exact same form factor as the old battery. Some of the others on the Internet are bigger, so they either stick out the back further, or they have bigger bottoms and make the Eee angle up higher. This one does neither, so it is just like the factory battery. This battery is also the same 6600mAh capacity, again exactly the same as the factory battery. I recommend it for anyone needing a replacement for their 1000h.
on May 28, 2012
I bought this battery from Superb Choice via Amazon in early Jan for my Asus EEE 901 netbook. The battery was working OK for some time, but died after 4 month. It cannot hold the charge anymore.

Product description promises 1 year warranty, but as I discovered when trying to invoke the warranty - I need to ship back the item at my own expense (fair enough), and I need to pay for handling and re-shipping of the replacement battery. This brings out of pocket cost of the warranty replacement almost to the cost of a new battery, and just does not make sense.

Because of that, I ordered new battery on Amazon from another seller. Not sure if quality will be any better, but at least with a different seller there is better chance.

P.S. I understand that guys cannot afford to provide free shipping on replacement on such cheap items, but probably this should've been disclosed in the product description, since 1 year warranty is mentioned there.
on April 2, 2013
I got my battery sold by MoBiShop. I notice now that several of the reviews here are for different retailers. The MoBiShop battery I got does not charge. When I first got the battery, I put it in the computer and the computer recognized the battery as a Eee 1000H battery and it registered at 20% charged. I plugged in the computer to charge the battery. Several hours later, it still showed 20% charged. I took off the charger and let the computer run off the battery. The computer was dead in 5 minutes. I tried to charge the battery again and now it won't go higher than 15%.
on March 8, 2013
Perfect for my wife's Asus 1000He Netbook. I recently changed out the hard drive to an SSD for significant performance speed and wanted to replace the 3 yr old battery also. The old one was starting to last about 4 hrs instead of the previous 8-9 hrs when purchased. This one works fine.
on September 24, 2011
I needed a replacement battery for my eeepc and found this. I read all the reviews and decided to take a chance. I am delighted with this battery, it really is better than the original. It fits perfectly and lasts 6 hours with everything turned on. ie. wireless, screen brightness. The original lasted a long time; I got a 1000ha when they first came out. I highly recommend this battery. I am a
grandmother with social security income, so this is an excellent choice for me.
on June 5, 2010
I purchased this battery for an Asus Eee PC 1000HE. It fits in the slot well and works very well. When you slide the battery into the computer you need to make sure the groves on the sides of the battery are aligned with the tabs on the computer body. If misaligned, then the battery will not slide in and out easily and may get stuck.

On the first try I got close to 7 hrs of use (low settings) which I am happy with. The only culprit is the bulk. The battery is much bulkier than the factory stock battery. There is an extra hump on the back of the battery that you don't see in the original model. This probably doesn't matter much, but if you use a leather case it will create a fit problem, you won't be able to use the leather cover. Otherwise it has been working fine.