Top critical review
5 people found this helpful
Modern looking watch band with a few annoyances to consider
on March 31, 2015
I bought this as a replacement band for my LG G Watch R smartwatch. I really like the look of the band, but there are a few things frustrating with it.
- Matches the matte look of the LG G Watch R really well.
- It has a nice modern tech look to it (that is a bit in the eye of the beholder, but I have even had a few people comment on the watch and band looking nice together).
- Can adjust to your wrist size very well.
- Pins between bands are very difficult to remove because they have a notch on both sides where you turn the notches on one side and old the other in place to screw the pin on/off.
- Pins also come loose over time. Since having this band about a month I have had to tighten a couple of the pins twice in order to prevent it from falling apart.
- Clamp to lock the band on the metal portion of the watch is a bit flimsy. It occasionally loosens over time and won't latch unless you bend the clamp's sides in a bit for it to catch again, which is easy to do, but makes it feel cheap.
It's a great looking band, but the annoyances leave too much to be desired. If I could do it all again, I think I would check out other bands instead of this one.