Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Replay XD 01-RPXD1080-CS HD Model Complete Video C..." and save 6% off the $299.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Replay XD 01-RPXD1080-CS HD Model Complete Video Camera System
|Price:||$404.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Replay XD1080 Camera
- HeimLock adjustable mount
- LowBoy fixed mount
- 2x Flat Base VHB SnapTrays
- 2x Curved Base VHB SnapTrays
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Still Small & Simple - Thats what the Replay XD1080 is all about. Starting with the small design of the Replay XD and a clean sheet of paper, we managed to put full HD into a small package.Featuring a water-resistant, hard anodized, rugged aluminum housing for your extreme adventures. The Replay XD1080 is the smallest and lightest full HD action-camera on the market.Simple, two-button ON/OFF and Start/Stop make the Replay XD1080 camera easy to operate. Simply turn it ON and Press Record to Start. The built-in LED & Vibration Feedback tell you that youre ready to go.Replay XD1080 features a high-strength aerospace aluminum body - Mil-Spec hard-anodized for extreme durability to withstand the inherit demands of video-actionography.Weather-resistance is a must when dealing with action-cameras, so Replay XD1080 features a double o-ring sealed lens bezel, rear cap, and top push buttons to keep out those harsh elements.System RequirementsWindowsIntel® Core Duo® or higherWindows® XP with Service Pack 3, Windows Vista, Windows 71920 x 1080 screen resolutionUSB 2.0 Port, MouseMacintoshIntel® Core Duo® or higherMac OS X v.10.5, 10.6, 10.7USB 2.0 Port, Mouse
Read about our customers' top-rated camcorders on our review page: Camcorders
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
At first I received a defective unit. After talking to RePlay, I sent in the defective camera and they sent me a new one. So between ordering it the first time and getting a working camera, it took about 4-5 weeks. But for $300 I got a decently good HD camera that is lightweight and very small (about the size of a roll of quarters).
Autocross (auto racing)
Wakeboarding (once i get the water tight case, hopefully for X-mas)
First impressions : "Man this thing is small"
I've used GoPros before and this camera is much lighter, different shape but in my opinion a better one.
I mounted the camera on my AutoX helmet using the included HDMI cable. Since there is no display other than the LEDs it takes a second to get it to work. Basically you just need a blank/formatted SD card (To format insert the card, hold the FPS and MODE buttons until a red light appears and disappears). Then you plug in the HDMI cable to a TV/monitor, turn the TV on, then turn on the camera.
I took some videos of my race two days after I got the camera and the video quality was excellent. My choice of mounting wasn't all that great as you can't see much of the course but there's a great view of my dash. I played with the mode (1080, 960, 720) and fps (30/60) and the camera worked fine. the 1080 seemed a little too zoomed for this mounting location. 960 seemed to work the best for helmet mounted in-car video.
I attended a track day on Monday afternoon and brought the camera to get some video of the cars (because who wouldn't want to use their new toy). From the day there are two points I would like to make about the camera.
1) It's not very good for shooting videos from far away (not overly upset about this but wanted to make this observation)
2) Watch the sun when you're shooting because I got glare in several of my shots (that being said I haven't played around with the settings for bright days in the .txt file yet.)
I love the shape of this camera because there are a ton of mounts out there that this can be used with. For example, scope and flash light mounts generally have 1" diameters. Also, if you are handy at all, in theory, a custom mount should be too hard to make.
The mounting tray is very solid. I felt confident that the camera was not going to fall out during my runs. the tabs on the low-boy were a little hard to hit for the release but after a few uses it became easier.
I read a review that someone wrote, upset that they had to use a .txt file to alter their settings anytime they wanted to change settings. Two things for this comment.
1) I've looked at the .txt briefly and it doesn't look all that hard to use.
2) (from another review I read) If you're into changing settings to get that perfect shot and share it with the world in the form of awesome YouTube videos, get a few 4GB micro SD cards and label the cases... (Sunny Day) (Dark Clouds) etc. and BOOM, no need to adjust on site.
Back to general:
The camera comes with a class 10 4GB micro SD card and from what I've read I believe that should be enough to record the life of the camera (1.3ish hours, but I havn't tested this yet), however, I used to have android phones and just happened to have 2 class 4 micro SDs laying around (4GB and 8GB). The camera accepted, formatted, and wrote to these cards just fine (it is important to format the new cards for set up the necessary files on the card).
The sleeve that come with the camera is great for when you're shooting by hand and just want to slip the camera in your pocket. Yes, you can comfortably put this camera in your pocket and carry it around.
the 4/5 is for the manual it comes with. It's good enough to get a basic understanding of the operation of the camera you just dropped almost $300 on but not quiet enough to have a dynamic understanding. For that you'll have to do a little web searching (sorry I don't have the links of things i've seen).
All-in-all it's a great camera so for and I'm very excited to see how it does when I go mountain biking this weekend!
feel free to reply with questions (if that's an option)
For a lot less money I rather have the much more compact Replay XD. Of course, its smallish size also means that the buttons on the back are quite small.
That's no big deal to me, since the "On/Off" and "Record" buttons - which are the ones frequently used - are large and easily accessible on top.
The camera arrived, turned it on, played around, turned off and then suddenly decided it wouldn't work anymore.
Replay Tech support is worthless, blamed the sd card, which is the one they sent, refused to repair the camera.
I returned it for a refund, and will not be buying another.
So having said that, I decided to try for a ReplayXD. I have now had it for about 4 months and love it. There is no vibration issue since the mounts are far more solid and mount to the camera directly. I actually like the smaller field of view that this camera has as the GoPro distorted the track too much.
* Shape is great for mounting to a motorcycle.
* Camera vibrates when you operate it. Great when you are in a loud environment
* Field of view is more "normal" and less distorted.
* Battery can be a pain. 2 hours on the internal battery. I ended up hard wiring the camera to my bike's battery with one of the accessories.
* Editing settings can be a pain to those who are not tech savy as it requires editing a text file. I personally like this as it keeps the camera small. Others may have an issue with it.
It is not perfect but it is far superior for automotive use (especially motorcycle) than a GoPro.
Most recent customer reviews
1) It's pretty...Read more