Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on January 11, 2011
I have no trouble saying, despite my fondness for dinosaurs, this is my absolute favorite Garcia novel so far. The plot is unfolded for you in an extremely jarring and jumpy fashion, and I definitely found that a little difficult to digest at first, but I quickly realized that the details I was meant to remember were repeated for me enough and I didn't need to work for it. I quickly adapted and found myself being unable to stop.

The characters were all alive in my mind, the story was developed in a manner that easily allowed me to suspend my disbelief about such a broken capitalist system being permissible in the future, and the references to futuristic technology were subtle enough to welcome me into the narrative Garcia developed without beating me over the head with details. Of course, the all-important artificial organs themselves developed by fancy corporations were often well described, but other aspects like military-grade 3D projection maps and laser pens were dropped in as if they were items of everyday speech, fully enveloping me in this world as if I were a part of it long before I read this novel.

I have not yet had a chance to reread this novel, as I would usually prefer to do before I fully judge it, but I think my second read will be just as enjoyable, if not more so, than the first. Though the story does feature a Garcia-typical turn of events, I do not believe knowing this information will degrade the story for me.

I heard the movie flopped, but I can't wait to see how Garcia and his co-writer (whose name I'm too lazy to look up) have developed this for the screen. Highly recommended novel.
on March 7, 2017
I loved this book. It's different from the movie (isn't it always?) the ending is so much better. Well worth picking up.
on February 19, 2014
It's an older movie that I found it by accident on TV one night. Liked it so much I wanted to see it again so I bought the DVD. Lastly I read the book. I prefer the book ending because it allows for a sequel which would have been awesome. Still, it was very entertaining. Makes you think about the future. Would this even be possible? Hum...
on September 19, 2010
This book was very pleasing and very well written. I had seen the film first and was a bit disappointed with it as it was very out there and went off track with the story. The book however has a completely different ending and events which were much much better. At the end of the book the author describes how he had tried to get the book sold as a film for 10 years and he re wrote the story so it would fit into what hollywood and in my opinion he actually ruined his own story as the film is poor so give this book a chance you wont be disappointed!
on August 19, 2016
I wanted to see this movie but never did. I had forgotten it was written by Eric Garcia. What a great read!
on November 12, 2016
AWESOME BOOK AND AWESOME MOVIE!
on September 21, 2015
Great Concept for the book, but I was underwhelmed by the Character development.
on June 11, 2014
Better than the movie... and I really loved the movie. It's violent so I see why some people wouldn't approve. If you like that sort of stuff though then I say go for it.
on June 29, 2015
Awesome book
on April 27, 2010
I bought this book after i had seen the movie with my boyfriend, I liked the movie and typically books are always better so i knew it was a must read. The book was very interesting, it jumps around more between the main characters life now, and his past then the movie did but all and all it is written well. The main character is the narrator in the story and he plays his part well, i find it to be very descriptive, a tad dark, and filled with irony. If you liked the movie and are a reader then i would definatley check this book out.