BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Dirty Heads PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Reptilians
Format: Audio CD|Change

on January 22, 2016
Alright, look. I love Starfucker. Great music, great band. I love vinyl. I don't usually give reviews. I bought this album totally pumped to listen to it and relax. What I got was the opposite. The album itself was not delivered warped: I've always worried that getting albums shipped might cause them to warp a little, but that's not the issue. The problem is one complete side (side B) sounds like someone turning a tone dial up and down continuously, and it only gets WORSE as the side goes on. I can't even listen to it without getting a headache, and I can see my needle sliding back and forth. I even returned it and got a new one, and it STILL sounded bad. I'm guessing that the pressing is just messed up. Until they have a new pressing, don't buy it.
on October 4, 2011
Visiting to dust off my review after a couple of years. I just found my way to Bag Raiders self-title album and it reminded me so much of the energy, vitality, and aural delights that I found on Reptilians years ago. That is the only comparable disco / electronic high-energy group that comes close to this album. Bag Raiders is far closer to Reptilians than the other Starf--er albums. There's something brilliant where they're listening, they're hearing something new, something cool, putting together something that has never been done before and will never be done again, and it's all happening here. This is still the superior album but Bag Raiders was a pleasant reminder, a tickler, that Reptilians was out there, just waiting to be cranked up on a dizzying-loud system and letting your brain sparkle (without drugs!). Listen on a good car stereo on your way in to work, or with a good pair of cans or buds, and just rock out. This is amazing stuff that MUST be loud. It'll get your pulse going, great exercise music. And realistically, it will stand as sort of a unique pinpoint of distinct and unique brilliance for a group I just don't see carrying that level of creativity into future albums - a pinnacle that is unmatched in anything I've heard so far.

========================

Correction: I just successfully read/studied to it. Please disregard that part of my original review and do not let it discourage you from enjoying it for these and other similar purposes.

=====================

(Funny aside: I have to bleep the name of the band, or Amazon auto-rejects the review... even though it's right there on the product listing a few lines up! Ha!)

I just found my way to Starfkr- heard about them quite a bit, but never heard THEM. I picked this album as the place to dive in based on Amazon reviews. You have to listen through a couple of times to get your head wrapped around it, but once there, you can't get back out. I couldn't stop listening to it. This is high quality weird funky electronica. It starts with "Born", spunky, funky, washes you away with a whole wave of "wtf?" and "ahhhhh, cool!". It starts strong and stays strong. Get picked up with Born and twirl around with a kind of electronic hip-hop post-disco hurricane in Julius. The disco vibe gets strong with Bury us Alive, blended with a fine contemporary indie lyric. Mellow the disco funk into the halting, pleasing, cleverly choppy-fluid title track. This album is peppy, it pops. GREAT music for getting you going in the morning. Great for exercising. Great music to play in the car. Not great music to play for quiet concentration, like reading or studying - it GRABS your attention and doesn't let go. This is NOT background noise.

Now, having enjoyed this insane-yet-rational, tremendously clever production I was absolutely, involuntarily compelled to snap up (digital) copies of self-title and Jupiter, which are GOOD, worth having and enjoying, but found this latest effort also to be the best. There are a lot of common themes among them but for whatever reason, Reptilians seems like the most whole, most complete, most interesting, most engaging, well-constructed production. It really just hangs together the best. The point is, you can't go wrong here. I wouldn't even recommend listening to the previews... nothing but spoilers! Grab a copy, crank it up in the car or at home or on the MP3 player, make sure it's LOUD, and be prepared to be totally wowed!

Kudos to the good people of Starfkr. Keep it rolling!
on July 17, 2013
I have not been so moved by a band as I have been by this band. They brought out so many emotions, each distinct in every song. Their sound is so alive and easy to love. I refuse to believe that any alternative or indie lover could possibly hate this album. It is SOOOOO GOOOD. Every time you have been blown away by one song the next one starts and just takes off. Absolutely melodic and mesmerizing, danceable, sad, happy and just so full of life. Key tracks JULIUS is a haunting and melodic opener to the album, BURY US ALIVE is uplifting and makes you want to jump for joy, MYSTERY CLOUD is a soul crusher but is so melodic that you fall in love and MILLIONS is pure bliss in indie dance heartbreaking celebration. If you want one of those albums you will listen to years from now, BUY THIS ALBUM!! After you listen to this album, go see the band live. Then you will forever love the band.
on March 28, 2017
I absolutely love strfkr and this is one of my favorite albums by them. The album came in perfect condition and comes with a download card for the entire album and even a poster I had no idea came with it. Beyond happy about my purchase.
on May 13, 2017
My absolute favorite album right here ♡
on August 12, 2015
Friend recommended this and I really liked it. If you're interested in the band, this is a great place to start listening to them.
on March 25, 2012
I definitely agree on hearing echoes of Flaming Lips (on the opener), and Cut Copy and Crystal Castles throughout. The MGMT thing isn't much of a stretch either. I don't necessarily find great meaning in the lyrics, but I love how the songs are put together. This has been in constant rotation since I got it. Can't wait to hear more from them.
on January 29, 2017
Sounds mint
on September 22, 2016
Excelent!!!
on July 10, 2015
I'm a big fan of this album and the vinyl sounds great! Bought this as a gift and the recipient loved it.