Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 60 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 115 reviews
on March 8, 2014
This was free on Amazon Prime. After watching for three and one half seasons, suddenly they want $2 plus meaning about $100. Feel like this is a bait and switch. Amazon Prime offered me $5 and told me to complain to the studio. Feels like reading half a book and losing it.
on August 9, 2017
The box is damaged on corners.
Each disc is scratched horrible. The prongs that hold the disc in place are all broken.
DVD does not play without skipping. Bought the DVD in July and just now getting around to watch it in order with the other seasons and can't even watch it.
on May 22, 2011
I came into this show only in the last two months. Two of my best friends are firefighters and they recommended this show to me. I absolutely loved the first three seasons. So when I bought the fourth season, my expectations were high. I don't know what it was, but it just wasn't as great as I hoped. I hear the 5th season gets back to being amazing. I'm looking forward to it. And look, 4 out of 5 stars isn't shabby. I mean, it's still Rescue Me. I doubt they could ever make a BAD episode. This season just happened to not be as good as the other three.
on July 10, 2008
I found Rescue Me season 4 to be entertaining. I enjoyed watching it and, like prior seasons, often sat at the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next (but only at then end of an episode).

However, unlike prior seasons, I found that the story, and to a lesser extent, the acting, was not as strong as prior seasons. I often found seasons 1-3 very compelling, and I could not wait to watch the next show. After several episodes of season 4, I did not mind the break.

I wondered how much more crazy stuff could happen to Tommy Gavin. Season four answered that question, not a whole lot.
on April 23, 2015
Great price, fast shipping, why was this show hidden on tv? This is the same or even better than thee other firehouse show on tv. Very well produced and great acting, this is a great show to watch.
on March 1, 2009
Suspension of disbelief is needed to truly enjoy the forth season of Rescue Me. Plots have gone from the implausible to the down right ridiculous. The show is still as funny and gritty as ever, with Leary proving yet again that he can do inner conflict and rage as well as any actor. Strangely, the season does not end on much of a cliff-hanger, leaving me to wonder if Season 5 will take Rescue Me in a whole new direction. Recommended, but not the best that the series has to offer.
on April 24, 2008
Let me start by saying this is arguably the best drama I have ever seen. That being said, this season did not meet my expectations when compared to the first three seasons. Even so this DVD is a must have for any collection.
The season starts just where last season ended, a fire at Shiela's house. There are a few tremendous ups and downs, but this season just didn't have that punch in the gut that the other three seasons have. Don't get me wrong, I loved every episode and 10 minutes after an episode, I couldn't wait to watch the next. Don't get me wrong, this season is great it is just that Leary and company set the bar so high in the previous seasons, it is almost impossible to achieve.
on November 23, 2008
This years' series is not as good as previous years. Bought it thinking that it would be.
on February 11, 2016
What a great series. Perfectly cast, nice mix of comedy & drama.
on March 20, 2009
I love the Rescue Me series. As a fire fighter its a joy to watch because they nail the personality and sense of humor a lot of fire fighters have. They also do a pretty good job of representing fires and using correct terminology. Season 4 is a bit different from the others. Its a bit more dramatic and has less fire related plot lines. Overall I enjoy it, but not as much as the previous seasons.