Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 547 reviews
on January 4, 2017
I was so excited to read this book. I have always found Candace to be adorable. Now though I find her self righteous and fake.
Her book is full of how great she is, how her life is so together. There are plugs for her store to buy her memorabilia, her daughters career and other self serving things.
It bugs me that she talks about fine dining and how when she eats out it is not a time to over indulge. I don't live in Malibu and I have had fine dining once in my 45 years. For me, that's not a common occurrence so yes... I do find that I would indulge.
Her menu that she eats daily is lacking in vitamins and minerals.
The fan mail gushing over her beauty was a little nauseating. Her advice is downright wrong. Read the other 1 star reviews and you will see what I mean.
I now don't have the desire to watch her shows, movies and now I have deleted her book.
I think she really missed the boat on this. She never really took off the Hollywood mask. Women are begging for advice and direction and she basically says... Look at my life. I'm married to a gorgeous athlete, I'm rich, I'm famous, I live in Malibu, my meals are made for me for lunch but I'm just like you!
Sorry Candace... But not even close.
on January 27, 2015
I rarely read books this annoying. She pats herself of the back the entire book. She also insults some of the people that ask her questions. It is like she edited the book herself and there was no one involved in editing the book that would tell her she sounds self centered. I also think it is annoying that she blames her family for her weight problems. I read the reviews and assumed people were being critical but I agree with most of them. This book is the opposite of uplifting. I do not feel like God is the center of this book.
on August 12, 2016
A bit of an annoying read. Came away feeling like I was completely inadequate because Candace comes off sounding like she is so perfect and the reader is woefully inadequate instead of encouraged.
on January 12, 2015
this book is terrible!!! It started 3 different times in the kindle version and it doesn't make any sense from the beginning. If I could get my money back I would.
on February 5, 2014
Reshaping it All was mentioned on a blog that I had been following and naturally I thought I would enjoy it. I was also really excited after listen to an audiobook excerpt in which she addressed her bulimia. I got through about 5 chapter of the book before I could no longer read it. It was insincere to say the least. There were no humble words or struggles to truly be shared. It was vain and superficial - not at all the realness I expected from a Christian author(s). I could barely get through the chapter on "designer genes" in which she speaks endlessly of the outrageously expensive wardrobe on her (then) series and also her designer jeans - seven of all mankind, etc. While I am over here shopping at good will - not approachable or humble at all. I guess I was hoping that this would be a more down to earth book - she couldn't have been more high in the clouds.
on March 12, 2011
I wanted to like this book. I'm a sucker for celebrity books in general. In particular, I find the born-again angle of Candace and her brother to be fascinating. Combine that with a weight loss book and I'm sold.

Unfortunately, the book itself was so poorly written and edited, I was completely unable to enjoy it. As someone else mentioned, it skips round horribly. At one point, I reread a portion three times, certain I'd skipped something. I hadn't...there was just no transition, no connection between one paragraph and the next. This is to say nothing of the missing commas, dangling participles, and misused words.

I read to the end, hoping that if nothing else, there would be some tidbit or piece of information, a recipe or tip, something to make the book worth my while. There was not. It was nothing more than the same weightloss advice you've heard a million times...except in a poorly compiled package.

Overall, it was two days of my life that I will never get back.
on January 29, 2016
I totally disagree with her food philosophy
on February 4, 2012
I didn't buy this book because Candace Cameron was involved. I was actually more interested in the co-author Darlene Schacht. I've read her blog [...], and enjoyed it so I was looking forward to supporting her contribution to this book.

That said, I will continue to read Darlene's blog, but I will never recommend "Reshaping it all" to anyone. While this book is definitely an easy read, it frustrated me more and more with every page.

I will begin by sharing the few good parts of this book. First of all, it incorporates a lot of Scripture. I enjoyed finding many Bible verses peppered throughout the book, even though a few of them were out of context. The other thing that I liked were the simple recipes at the end of each chapter. We'll be trying some new things because of those pages.

That said, the bad aspects of this book definitely outweighed the good. If you want to read a book about how "together" Candace Bure's life is, this is the book for you. Every page sings her praises and is an advertisement for her. Her current TV series was mentioned many times, as was her t-shirt business, and even her daughter's budding career. I get that this is a book about a celebrity, but it was also a book about weight loss. And the self-advertising just got to be too much.

The thing that bothered me the most, however, was that Candace didn't seem "real" at all. She made her life sound perfect and luxurious, which just seemed out of place in a Christian book about weight loss. She implied that she has it all figured out and that we should all be like her.

I am a person who appreciates authenticity. I appreciate when someone is real and honest with me. Candace shared briefly about her struggle with bulimia, but it was many years ago. Certainly she has had struggles since then. Certainly she has day to day issues. But she keeps those things hidden from the reader. She acted in true celebrity form, and paraded the beautiful while masking the real.

This book was truly a disappointment.
22 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2013
This book was extremely motivating, especially for women that lead a busy life like Candace. If she can do it then so can I.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2011
I was ok with this book, even though it was just random jabber, until I got half way thru and she decided to tell me that I am not equal to my husband. That God created me only to follow behind him and that women are not equal to men. Once I read this I threw the book down and decided I do not care to read another word that this woman wrote. I would give it a minus stars if I could.