+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Fans that pick up the PC version will be the first to experience stereoscopic 3D out of screen effects as their living rooms are transformed into the world of Kijuju. (wireless 3D Vision glasses sold separately)
- Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, returns and is joined by new playable character Sheva Alomar, an African BSAA agent tasked with investigating the epidemic.
- New cooperatively-focused gameplay revolutionizes the way that Resident Evil is played. Chris and Sheva must work together to survive new challenges and fight dangerous hordes of enemies.
- Features groundbreaking graphics that utilize an advanced version of Capcom's proprietary game engine, MT Framework, which powered the hit titles Devil May Cry 4, Lost Planet and Dead Rising.
- Improved inventory system allows items to be traded between characters. To add to the intensity, all inventory management is done in real time; items can even be assigned to the directional pad for instant access.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Easy for those who have difficulty playing with a keyboard and mouse.
2. Released DLC that was not released for the PC version
1. Missing one mode for Mercenaries mode that was released for PC "No Mercy"
2. Inventory is a pain with only four quick swap buttons on the d-pad.
3. DLC has to be downloaded offline (Only comes with a ticket for download of all DLC)
1. Much easier to target enemies with the recticule instead of a laser sight.
2. Movements have become ever so slightly less tank-like.
1. Lacks the DLC of both 360 and PS3
2. Requires logging onto Windows Live to play with your account.
3. No split screen.
The beginning idea:
Chris Redfield is sent to Africa to try and capture the terrorist Irving with his new partner Sheva Alomar. Like most games it is never that easy and both protaganists run into problems while on the way to the transaction point between Alpha Team and Irving.
If you only have a PC then I would recommend this for any Resident Evil fan. For a stretch I would also recommend to new players to the franchise, but if the option is there, get the Xbox 360 or PS3 Gold Edition of the game.
For what is given as a basic game (before the two platforms got DLC) this has more original content such as one new outfit only on PC for Chris and Sheva. "No Mercy" mode in Mercenaries, even with the DLC is not avaliable on the 360 or PS3 version.
UPDATE (Feb.Read more ›
Re5 is probably going go down in history as the most hated game in the series, at least as far as hardcore fans are concerned. Where Re4 took the classic survival horror franchise and tweaked it, Re5 throws out most of the good, while keeping all the bad. Hate button mashing? It's back, and with a vengeance. Enjoy having a large inventory? Well, now it's been shrunk down to just 18 boxes, and is all in real time. Hate ridiculous instant-death enemies? Well, guess what: there are about fifteen nigh-unkillable foes in this game, who you'll encounter all over the place.
Re5 takes us back to Chris Redfield (as the pattern has been set, odd numbered games star a STARS member, while even numbered entries, excluding Re0 and Code Veronica, star either Leon or Claire). Chris has bulked up significantly since Code Veronica (I don't think it looks bad, but a lot of people hate it). He also carries a machete, and has been partnered up with new character Sheva Alomar, his old partner Jill Valentine (star of Resident Evil and Resident Evil 3) having been killed two years earlier (and off camera, no less!).
I won't deal anymore with the plot, except to say that it's very, very bad. Plagas return from the previous game. Not only that, they're the main enemy...and we're never even told why! They're just there, and it's the only real connection between this game and the previous one.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The game runs on Windows 10, 64 bit. I put the serial on Steam and download on Steam.
Great game played it on console first but I'm liking the PC version. Had a little trouble getting the game started at first but had to uninstall games for windows files then... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Brandon
this was purely an addition to my collection, no intention of playingPublished 4 months ago by rocky stone
Beware: If you have a windows 10 computer this game will not work on your pc. I tried installing it four or five different times with no luck and eventually had to send it back. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jamie L. Crafton
Excelent game! It runs like a cheetah in the land of Africa (if you know what I mean...) in my computer with Windows 10. Excelently smooth with Direct X10! Read morePublished 8 months ago by Amazon Customer
All the resident evil games are my favorite. I love this one the best, I must have finished it more than 25 times.Published 9 months ago by Stewie