Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 437 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 566 reviews
on April 9, 2013
If you have been following the RE storyline, this new installment increases the deep story driven series. The game deserves 5 stars because in the last two RE games capcom introduced the upgrade ability to guns and health. Along with purchase of weapons and some gear. In RE 6 You can find weapons along the way, more realistic I feel. And instead of upgrades you have skill points you use to give yourself some perks and upgradable as well. This is a different step in RE that feels more like the originals becasue you have to find things to survive.

And another thing about survival. Alot of people are saying its not a survival horror game. I beat RE2 in under two hours once I new how to beat the game. So they were never really the peek around corner and walk with your gun drawn kind of game. They were puzzle games in the 90's and there horror/action now, with some puzzles. RE has not left there roots, just follow the story and you will understand. There are no plot holes in any of the games and transitions between games. The story is the reason why your not creeping around a police station or mansion by yourself anymore.
The situation of bio terror has grown so big that if you didnt have action it wouldnt feel like theres a global threat.

Alot of people bash this game and they are just stupid because if they really have played the other games they would understand why the game play has changed. No one on here even talks about the story and how theres nothing wrong with it. Everyone just wants to put a fat 0 on here and hurt the franchise.

The game is very long the first time through as well so be prepared. Auto save feature alows you to stop at certain points. My only issue with the game is the new inventory screen. There is no pause button so the journey never stops while playing, and due to the scrolling inventory system it makes it hard to put together meds quickly to heal yourself.

Resident Evil 6 blew me away with stunning cutscenes and a few parts made me jump just like in RE2. I am 24 and not a 13 year old writing this so take into account I know what I am talking about. I started playing RE since the begining and have no intensions on stopping. There is a reason my tag is FinalEvil.
on April 10, 2017
It was an ok game
on September 25, 2013
Good game and good graphics if your looking to buy a cheap game with good game play this is a good game to play.
on July 14, 2014
Clunky controls. Unskippable cut scenes. Story that is rammed down your throat. Okay, RE5 had that too, but was still very enjoyable. I dunno this one just don't do it for me. Maybe it is the very short playable game parts. I seemed to be watching more than playing.
VINE VOICEon January 17, 2013
There are allot of button mashing and repetition going on with this game's release. Content is gory and bloody. Button mashing is working great. If you don't careful you can be run over by train easily in the course of the game.
on December 11, 2012
My son has played the Resident Evil games franchise since the first one, so it was no surprise when he wanted this one for Christmas.
on May 13, 2013
It was just what I was looking for and needed. Product was exactly as described above. Would recommend to others.
on January 31, 2013
What a waste of money. I've played all the other RE games and this is, by FAR, the worst game I've ever played.
on October 17, 2012
BOTTOM LINE:
I wanted to like this game. I've been putting in the time to play it and replay it - analyze it for its parts and get a feel for it on the whole. At the end of the day, I'm disappointed. The game feels, in one word, unpolished. In this review, I will quickly compare RE6 to some of its prequels, to provide a jumping off point for readers. I won't talk about everything I've noticed, this is just a quick summation of my impressions.

COMPARISON RE4:
I think RE4 was the greatest evolution of the series: it tells a compelling story, it was fun to play, and it felt fair. I completed RE4 on the Wii, and I think nothing can compare to the wii-remote for aiming, except maybe a light gun. Truly being able to aim quickly, without finessing a thumbstick was natural, the quicktime events (QTEs) were SO COOL, the graphics were good, the art style was good, the new weapons upgrade and inventory system was well implemented and motivating, and Leon just felt bad-ass to play. RE4 was difficult at times, but it was fair, and I never felt cheated when I died. With RE6, I am constantly feeling cheated, such as when a melee QTE overrides a situational QTE, causing my death. Moreover, the sequence of events in RE6 feel completely forced, like I am being herded nonsensically and unemotionally from one "cool" setting to the next. As one example, in Leon's campaign, it just seems silly that the bus I fought to get on at the end of Chapter 1 just randomly gets in an accident and everyone dies at the beginning of chapter 2, such that I end up in a cemetery for the beginning of the next level (uninjured by the bus crash and explosion).

COMPARISON RE5:
RE5 had a different feel than all the past games, because it was more action-oriented. I am okay with this, because it was necessary for the story that CAPCOM wanted to tell. The story was not as good as RE4, and the gameplay was not a giant step forward in the series. Still, I thought it perfected the evolution begun in RE4, and the implementation of co-op play was perfect. I played the entire game through with a friend, and that made RE5 more fun than RE4 in my eyes. The shop system, the huge variety of guns, and the importance of upgrades truly added a level of replayability that kept me going back to RE5 long after I beat it. Removing the inventory system in RE6 seems illogical to me. The new inventory system is not an improvement; it is more difficult to organize and customize for quick access. Removing the ability to customize guns or buy new guns is also a step back in the series for me - one of my favorite things about RE5 was the excitement I felt in finding a more powerful shotgun - or debating between carrying a handgun that was more powerful or could carry more ammunition. I think most gamers love personalization, and RE6 did away with what made MY playthrough of RE5 all MINE. To be fair, RE6 does co-op well, and the multiple person boss fights is really cool.

RE6 Complete Impressions:
My sense is that RE6 would have been better if CAPCOM had taken an extra few months to fine tune it.
It released early (why?) even though I think most fans would have been happy to wait.
It sacrificed personalization for a new inventory and skill system (why?) that is less fun, less intuitive, and promotes less replayability.
It eschewed slow, logical, natural story progression in favor of stream-lined action and big set pieces (why?) when this is not the type of game RE fans grew to love.
It opted for new and shiny (new characters, new inventory menu, new healing system, new skill system) over tried, true, and loved (why is there no mention of Jill or Sheva, where is my grid inventory, why don't my herbs spray, and why can't I customize my guns).
It chose quantity (of playing time, explosions, scare-moments) over quality of the experience (remember feeling like you were in Leon or Claire's shoes in RE2, just trying to find more ammo and just trying to survive).
In the end, I think RE6 chose marketability over polish, style, and its own legacy.

That's too bad CAPCOM. I really wanted to like this game. Instead, I'm left feeling frustrated and upset. I'll feel even worse when CAPCOM decides to bleed its fans dry by releasing DLC with Jill or Claire in it, when they should have been in the game to begin with (don't be surprised when they do - CAPCOM made too much money off of Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape).
77 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2012
Resident Evil 6 is a step backwards for the franchise. Sure, the plot of RE was never coherent and the characters were very cardboard, but there was still some fun to be had with gameplay mechanics.

People have been split on the RE franchise since RE4, and in RE6 it seems like the development team took note of that. Unfortunately, what the developer decided to do was try to please EVERYONE. This is evidenced by the games 4 individual campaigns and separate multiplayer modes. In the attempt to try and please all the developer may have pleased no one.

I don't want to spend too much time criticizing this game because, honestly, I do not think it is worth the time. This is more of a warning to those who intend to purchase.

1) DO NOT play this game alone. If you are going to suffer through the story and gameplay, do it with a friend.

2) The story is still incoherent and neither of the 4 campaigns seem to resolve anything about the RE canon. In fact, this game introduces a new evil entity called "Neo-Umbrella" that never manifests itself. Yeah, they didn't even try to be creative with the name.

3) In RE4 and RE5 enemies provided distinct visual signs that you could melee them after shooting a vulnerable spot. That distinction is highly diminished here. Enemies have very spastic movements that do not translate into obvious signals. RE6 has regular melee attack moves to alleviate this problem, but the significant melee attacks are context sensitive which means you must read the enemy to know if you can do them. It also doesn't help that enemies are often clipping through the environment or skipping frames of animation

4) You can upgrade certain skills to improve your ability to take down enemies, but I often could not tell the difference while playing. The old upgrade system is much better because of the clear damage values.

5) Unlike RE4 and RE5, there is no dumb fun to be had in RE6. I will admit that I approached the game thinking that some of the mechanics would be broken or outdated and that the plot would be ridiculous. However, I still managed to have fun in RE4 and RE5. The enemies and bosses in that game had a certain flare that is tough to describe, but enemies in RE6 are abundant and annoying with no rhyme or reason. I played RE4 and RE5 on the most difficult modes, but I lowered the difficulty of RE6 because at a certain point I just wanted to be done.

6) There are a few enjoyable parts in Jake's campaign and the beginning of Leon's. Mercenaries mode is more of the same so if you like the gameplay you will like that as a time waster.

I'm finding it difficult to summarize my thoughts so I will just say that RE6 was not worth the experience. If you want more RE because you think it's a good franchise I say stick with the previous games. Perhaps if the game is cheap and you are extremely curious then go ahead and purchase it, but be prepared for disappointment and frustration if you know you are not a RE fanatic.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.