- Paperback: 230 pages
- Publisher: Allyn & Bacon; 1 edition (December 17, 2000)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 020530611X
- ISBN-13: 978-0205306114
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.6 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 15 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,389,893 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #359 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Medicine > Clinical > Physician & Patient
- #359 in Books > Textbooks > Medicine & Health Sciences > Administration & Policy > Practice Management & Reimbursement
- #753 in Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Counseling > Academic Development
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Resilient Practitioner: Burnout Prevention and Self-Care Strategies for Counselors, Therapists, Teachers, and Health Professionals 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
This title focuses on the work of practitioners in counseling, therapy, teaching, and the health professions.
These are all "high-touch" practitioner fields where the quality of the interaction with the client/student/patient is the key to success. To do the work well requires an optimal balance between "other-care" and "self-care." How does one acquire this balance? This book explores elements of this question by describing the joys and hazards of the work, the long road from novice to senior practitioner, the essence of burnout, ways to maintain the professional and personal self, methods experts use to maintain vitality, and, finally, a self-care action plan.
Written for counselors, therapists or those in the health professions.
Browse award-winning titles. See more