FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Journey as mankind's last hope, Joseph Capelli, across a devastated America, making your way from Haven, Oklahoma to New York City
- A fully loaded arsenal of innovative weapons, including classics like the Bullseye, Auger and a new weapon upgrade system
- Fully featured offline and online cooperative modes that let you share the experience
- Engage smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies and experience new, more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience
- Full PlayStation 3 game support
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Resistance 3 is a full-featured adventure shooter based in a brutal alternative universe in which humanity is faced with a struggle for survival against a relentless alien race in a decimated America.
Resistance 3 is the 2011 release in Sony's flagship Resistance First-Person Shooter game franchise for play exclusively on PlayStation 3. Picking up right where Resistance 2 left off, players follow the adventures of Joseph Capelli -- introduced in the previous game -- in a desperate effort to turn the tide against the ever-strengthening Chimeran horde. Features include: PlayStation Move support, a large and strategic weapons arsenal, smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies and deep multiplayer options including co-op online and offline as well as progression based 16-player online multiplayer.
It's August 1957, four years after the conclusion of the event of Resistance 2 which left Lieutenant Nathan Hale dead on the battlefield against the invading Chimeran race and Joseph Capelli dishonorably discharged from the U.S. Army for killing Hale. With the Chimera completely occupying the planet, Capelli has given up on the seemingly hopeless fight and has retreated into hiding underground with his wife and young son in Haven, Oklahoma. But as the climate of the planet continues to collapse, scientist Dr. Fyodor Malikov finds Capelli with a plan to deliver a devastating blow against the occupying Chimeran force. In order to protect his family, Capelli must leave them behind and embark on a harrowing mission across the country to New York City. Along the way, he and Malikov will encounter the survivors and remnants left in the aftermath of the brutal Chimeran invasion.
A Complete Multiplayer Gameplay Experience
In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 3 offers a complete multiplayer gaming experience to share with friends around the corner or around the world. This includes two-player online or split-screen co-op through the single-player campaign and a new, focused progression-based multiplayer experience online that supports up to 16 players.
Key Game Features
- Journey as mankind's last hope, Joseph Capelli, across a devastated America, making your way from Haven, Oklahoma to New York City.
- Resistance 3 returns with a fully loaded arsenal of innovative weapons, including classics like the Bullseye, Auger, Rossmore, and Marksman, and increase the firepower of each with a new weapon upgrade system. With the return of the fan-favorite weapon wheel, players now have access to the entire sandbox of weaponry, giving them strategic choices for any situation they encounter.
- Engage smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies - due to Insomniac's new awareness and cinematic traversal technology that gives the Chimera the ability to traverse any environment to reach you: nowhere is safe. Newly evolved Chimeran species - such as the powerful, leaping Longlegs - are larger and more deadly than ever.
- Two-player online and local/split-screen co-op gameplay allows players to team up with a friend during Capelli's journey to New York.
- A new, more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience builds on Insomniac's multiplayer pedigree, while allowing players to take part in the global resistance by battling in locations set around the globe.
An innovative weapons arsenal.
Smarter, faster Chimera.
Varied American environments.
Top customer reviews
Original review: I needed to get this review up right away to hopefully save others great frustration. Before you put the disc in your PS3 for the first time, disconnect from the Internet and DO NOT do the update. Only after the game has been installed should you attempt any updates. If you attempt to do the update right from the start along with the initial instal (as the pop up screen will ask you to do upon initial start-up) you may run into some very severe issues. I did as have many others. Google it. It can cause the game to not play and freeze on a black screen and then take several hours to delete the bad patch. So, just remember to disconnect from the web first. Then install the game. Then reconnect to the web and do any updates. You will be glad you did.
If you did not have this problem, good for you. I did and so did many others. Like I said, google it.
I have been playing the game for a couple of hours now. About half as much time as it took to deal with the install issues. Game seems fine. I don't imagine it sucking. However, it can never get better than 3 stars from me given the terrible software issue upon install. It was just rediculous. Note too that if you already did the update that causes the freezing and are trying to delete it, it can take over 2 hours to delete.
If you wish to share your issues with Insomniac: email@example.com
Even though you don't have to play the first two resistance games to know what's going on is recommend it. The story I thought was pretty good. I liked the characters and there were some parts where the story had me like aw why did that happen? Haha it had me really into it. It's fairly long too. I like to take some breaks when playin a game. I think it took me three days to finish up the single player story. Overall I thought it was good.
The graphics are pretty damn good in resistance 3. I'd say it's probably one of the best looking games on the PS3. Right next to uncharted games and kill zone 2 and 3.
Gameplay is great. I do enjoy first person shooters. Resistance 3 has you in some pretty good gun fights. There are moments when you'll be fighting alone. Others times you'll be up against giant monsters in boss fights. You can also upgrade weapons you use in the game which is pretty cool.
Resistance 3 is a damn good game. I honestly regret not play this one back in the day. If you own a PS3 and haven't played resistance 3 then shoot get out there and grab a copy. It's a lot of fun.
Still the game is incredible and if you already have the first or second game then this is a definite must to add to your PS3 game library.
This problem is caused by the enormous patch the game forces you to download and install before running the installation from the disc. The workaround is to disconnect from the PSN and install from disc first, then reconnect and download the mandatory patch.
It is blitherlingly unconscionable that the studio is continuing to ship this mandatory patch in this state, knowing that it regularly causes serious corruption issues. It makes me want to use my outside voice.