About the Product
- Journey as mankind's last hope, Joseph Capelli, across a devastated America, making your way from Haven, Oklahoma to New York City
- A fully loaded arsenal of innovative weapons, including classics like the Bullseye, Auger and a new weapon upgrade system
- Fully featured offline and online cooperative modes that let you share the experience
- Engage smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies and experience new, more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience
- Full PlayStation 3 game support
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Resistance 3 is the 2011 release in Sony's flagship Resistance First-Person Shooter game franchise for play exclusively on PlayStation 3. Picking up right where Resistance 2 left off, players follow the adventures of Joseph Capelli -- introduced in the previous game -- in a desperate effort to turn the tide against the ever-strengthening Chimeran horde. Features include: PlayStation Move support, a large and strategic weapons arsenal, smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies and deep multiplayer options including co-op online and offline as well as progression based 16-player online multiplayer.
It's August 1957, four years after the conclusion of the event of Resistance 2 which left Lieutenant Nathan Hale dead on the battlefield against the invading Chimeran race and Joseph Capelli dishonorably discharged from the U.S. Army for killing Hale. With the Chimera completely occupying the planet, Capelli has given up on the seemingly hopeless fight and has retreated into hiding underground with his wife and young son in Haven, Oklahoma. But as the climate of the planet continues to collapse, scientist Dr. Fyodor Malikov finds Capelli with a plan to deliver a devastating blow against the occupying Chimeran force. In order to protect his family, Capelli must leave them behind and embark on a harrowing mission across the country to New York City. Along the way, he and Malikov will encounter the survivors and remnants left in the aftermath of the brutal Chimeran invasion.
A Complete Multiplayer Gameplay Experience
In addition to an epic single-player campaign, Resistance 3 offers a complete multiplayer gaming experience to share with friends around the corner or around the world. This includes two-player online or split-screen co-op through the single-player campaign and a new, focused progression-based multiplayer experience online that supports up to 16 players.
Key Game Features
- Journey as mankind's last hope, Joseph Capelli, across a devastated America, making your way from Haven, Oklahoma to New York City.
- Resistance 3 returns with a fully loaded arsenal of innovative weapons, including classics like the Bullseye, Auger, Rossmore, and Marksman, and increase the firepower of each with a new weapon upgrade system. With the return of the fan-favorite weapon wheel, players now have access to the entire sandbox of weaponry, giving them strategic choices for any situation they encounter.
- Engage smarter and more agile Chimeran enemies - due to Insomniac's new awareness and cinematic traversal technology that gives the Chimera the ability to traverse any environment to reach you: nowhere is safe. Newly evolved Chimeran species - such as the powerful, leaping Longlegs - are larger and more deadly than ever.
- Two-player online and local/split-screen co-op gameplay allows players to team up with a friend during Capelli's journey to New York.
- A new, more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience builds on Insomniac's multiplayer pedigree, while allowing players to take part in the global resistance by battling in locations set around the globe.
An innovative weapons arsenal.
Smarter, faster Chimera.
Varied American environments.
Top Customer Reviews
This game is not as beautiful or graphically amazing as Killzone 3. However it does look quite good. The textures, the lighting especially make this game look incredible. From an artistic standpoint, this game looks just simply incredible. The guns look detailed, the textures are deep, the character models are quite good but the environments are what will capture your attention the most.
Because the environments are so beautiful and captivating, the game does a phenomenal job putting you into a role as one of the last survivors on earth. You can really buy into the idea that you're at the end of a war that has gone terrible. The music, the graphics, the sound effects all effectively present what happens.
Most notable about this game is that it gives a shout-out to older FPS games by allowing you to hold more than 2 weapons, in fact you can hold as many as you like on your weapon wheel. You also must gather health packs to revive. It reminds me of the first FPS I played which was Star Wars: Dark Forces. This is a good thing. I hate having to drop weapons on the ground to pick up a new one, the simple weapon wheel system (like Assassins Creed) works well.Read more ›
The Resistance series has always had the potential to be spectacular with regards to story. The premise of the series is awesome, mixing a 1950's alternate history setting with War of the Worlds. However, the first two games felt more like militaristic popcorn sci-fi action thrillers, with only minimal exposition and character development to excuse all the action, rather than poignant tales about mankind's indomitable spirit despite staring down the barrel of impending extinction by a vast, advanced alien enemy. This game feels like the latter. Finally, we see just how bleak of a situation mankind is in, with only 10% of Earth's population not killed by or converted into Chimera. We play as Joseph Capelli four years after R2, who has been dishonorably discharged and settled down with a family. Dr.Read more ›
Original review: I needed to get this review up right away to hopefully save others great frustration. Before you put the disc in your PS3 for the first time, disconnect from the Internet and DO NOT do the update. Only after the game has been installed should you attempt any updates. If you attempt to do the update right from the start along with the initial instal (as the pop up screen will ask you to do upon initial start-up) you may run into some very severe issues. I did as have many others. Google it. It can cause the game to not play and freeze on a black screen and then take several hours to delete the bad patch. So, just remember to disconnect from the web first. Then install the game. Then reconnect to the web and do any updates. You will be glad you did.
If you did not have this problem, good for you. I did and so did many others. Like I said, google it.
I have been playing the game for a couple of hours now. About half as much time as it took to deal with the install issues. Game seems fine. I don't imagine it sucking. However, it can never get better than 3 stars from me given the terrible software issue upon install. It was just rediculous. Note too that if you already did the update that causes the freezing and are trying to delete it, it can take over 2 hours to delete.
If you wish to share your issues with Insomniac: email@example.com
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I must say I find this one more enjoyable than the first 2. The first one had clunky controls while 2 it was just difficult and stressful. 3 takes place after 2. Read morePublished 2 months ago by gio
I can't believe that this is one of my most hated game ever sucks I have a online pass that is useless because no one else can use it worst game ever don't buy for multiplayer... Read morePublished 2 months ago by nash reynolds
Its and Ok game.. Kinda boring with all the zombies and repeating sequences
cant get it to connect online, says invalid or no longer working code...bummer
Five things I like about "Resistance 3":
1.) A large variety of guns to shoot, or spray, or launch, all in exciting ways.
2. Read more