- Paperback: 424 pages
- Publisher: Ohio University Press; 1 edition (November 29, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0821415964
- ISBN-13: 978-0821415962
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#3,641,373 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1609 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Colonialism & Post-Colonialism
- #3237 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > International & World Politics > African
- #10750 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > International & World Politics > European
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Race Resistance and the Boy Scout Movement In British Colonial Africa Paperback – November 29, 2004
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Frequently bought together
"In effect, this study of the Boy Scout Movement in Africa serves as an avenue of entry to a much broader consideration of the African experience under British colonial rule. The scholarship is not merely sound; it is downright formidable. This is a highly original, first-rate work of social history."
About the Author
Timothy Parsons holds a joint appointment as an associate professor in the history department and the African and Afro-American Studies Program at Washington University in St. Louis. He is the author of The African Rank-and-File: Social Implications of Colonial Military Service in the King's African Rifles, 1902-1964; The 1964 Army Mutinies and the Making of Modern East Africa, and The British Imperial Century, 1815-1914: A World History Perspective.
Browse award-winning titles. See more