|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $12.00 (71%)
Resisting the Boss (Mid Life Love Series Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. The character development was so well done. I felt as if I knew Claire. So much that I wanted to jump through my Kindle and throttle her. I understand her issues, but ugh, she drove me nuts. Jonathan - yes he is a sexy, swoon worthy book boyfriend but so much more. And his alpha tendences - not overly done but still he knows what he wants.
2. The steam level - oh my, at times I think smoke was coming out of my Kindle. The scene in the bathroom of the restaurant - Wow, I needed a fan....
3. The secondary characters. In some books, the secondary characters tend to overwhelm the story. Not so in this book. Claire's friends struck just the right note.
4. The backstory on Jonathan and Claire. I sobbed during the description of why Claire got divorced. My heart broke. And Jonathan's story - so well done and equally as heartbreaking.
5. The laugh out loud funny sections about Claire's job.
6. And finally, this was a romance. Yes, there was angst but the development of the love between Claire and Jonathan was perfect. And even better, NO CLIFFHANGER.
This was a new to me author. I have downloaded her backlist and will be looking for anything else she writes.
I absolutely love books with older women/younger men and this one didn't disappoint.
I adore Jonathan, just adore him! He is the perfect alpha male...dominate without being domineering, caring, loving, sexy, funny.
Mid Life Love is the love story of Claire and Jonathan. Claire is just about to turn 40 when the 2 of them meet, Jonathan is 11 years younger...and her billionaire boss to boot!
I loved how determined Jonathan was with Claire, how he wasn't going to be deterred by her indecision and hang ups about their age difference.
To the most beaustiful woman I've ever met: Give me a chance to show you how great we could be together."
Oh how I want, how I need, to find a Jonathan of my own! His loved showed through even when Claire frustrated the hell out of him, and that she did...numerous times.
"Claire," he said, letting out an exasperated sigh, "you're completely incomparable to any woman I've ever dated. Period." Get it through your head Claie!!!
I will admit to Claire driving me batty at times. She really needed to get over herself...how much more did Jonathan need to do to prove to her that he LOVED and wanted HER ?!? That his feelings for her weren't going to just up and fade away?!?
I love the banter between the 2. I love funny moments they shared, the sweet romantic, swoony moments. I loved how they were finally able to work through Claire's issues...that she was finally able to put aside her worries and let Jonathan love her. These 2 have become one of my favorite couples!
This book is rich with fabulous side characters in Claire's daughters, they made me laugh and brought such tangibility to the storyline. I never felt like I knew where the story was going and this was such fun to devour. The many twists and turns kept me hooked even though I felt the last 5% was rushed. All the characters were well developed and the writing just flowed. I need more from these two and I hope my desire is fulfilled.
There were so many things that made this book wonderful! For one the writing! Whit has a way with her words, talent that oozes out from the pages that create images into your mind that help you to see--more like LIVE in the characters world with them. Secondly I loved the characters! Claire, Jonathan, and her daughters Ashley and Caroline were such a pleasure and joy to meet. and boy oh boy did the Jonathan and Claire have ALOT ALOT ALOT of SEX! There's definitely some twists and turns, but I'm so happy that they got their HEA.
Claire a 40 year old single mom of twin teenage girls, and Jonathan a 28 year old Billionaire CEO.
I absolutely loved the dynamic between the two of them. The insecurities and hurt from Claire's past and the need for Jonathan to be her everything. It was absolutely amazing.
I love the way Whitney G is able to make me feel such a huge range of emotions.
And holy freaking Alpha Batman! Every order and demand from Jonathan just had me swooning that much harder.
Loved this book!!