|Print List Price:||$8.99|
Save $8.00 (89%)
Resisting the Challenges of the 21st Century: How Much Extra Does No Cheese Cost? Kindle Edition
|Length: 159 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
This month's Book With Buzz: "Stranger in the House" by Shari Lapena
In this neighborhood, danger lies close to home. A thriller packed full of secrets and a twisty story that never stops - from the bestselling author of "The Couple Next Door." See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Mr. Parker has a very accessible style; friendly and funny. He draws the reader right in. I found the topics, even ones that didn't vibe with me (gaming), to cover a wide swath of pop culture. Though I am a card-carrying nerd, I never did get into video RPG gaming (D&D is another matter). The section on music was my favorite. Talking King Crimson, ELP and other of my favorite bands made me feel like I would've loved to listen to Mr. Parker spin discs back in the day.
I highly recommend this book, especially for those of us over 50, though I think the younger set might learn a few things, too. Look forward to the next book.
What Rembert has, in this book though, is a small collection of gems. The book won’t take you long to read, and at the end you’ll learn there’s another one (or more) coming. What you’ll find are thoughts and stories written with heart and joy and maybe a little bit of disbelief of the world we’re living in now.
What you’ll get from this book is a small picture of the man I get to see every week, on a Wednesday.
Pick it up.
Some of the events in this book were before my time. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the history and insights from a not too previous generation.
Most recent customer reviews
One gets to giggle or nod appreciatively as the author explores the unexplainable vagaries of modern life - with a touch of highly entertaining...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Music > History & Criticism
- Books > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Essays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Music > History & Criticism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Humor & Entertainment > Humor > Essays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Essays & Correspondence > Essays
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Criticism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Media Studies