Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Phonak Cerustop Filters-Single Pack
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on January 20, 2012
My Phonak hearing aids have been very reliable but they do require simple maintenance, like changing domes and wax traps from time to time. New users of hearing aids may be suprised the first time or two when the wax traps get plugged: suddenly, you don't hear anything. Perhaps you try changing batteries or drying off the instrument...and you still don't hear anything. I have found that this was a good indication that the wax trap(s) had been plugged and needed changing. These simple matchstick like items contain a tool on one end for detaching and removing the full trap and the other end has a new trap mounted in a way that easily permits it to be put in place. The tool can easily be removed after installation, too. Frequency of changes depend on how much wax a person's ears produce and what other (regular) cleaning you give the ears but mine are good for about two months per trap. These work fine for me...just keep them where you can find them since the pack is about the size of a matchbook.
11 comment| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2012
These wax guards have a new method of removing the old wax guard. It works great and makes it a much easier task.
The new wax guards fit perfectly and last just as long and the OEM. Price was competitive. Shipping was very fast and cheap.
on September 2, 2013
I've purchased the ones in the black case before -- they work perfectly. I don't have an issue with them. But I was shipped ones in a tan case that don't come close to working. I think they are the wrong manufacturer -- Starkey or something.

I'll have to order them someplace else because I don't know what I'll get if I order these again.
on June 20, 2011
Find that from 1 - 2 times per pack the wax guard does not remove properly from the stick. Sometimes it removes enough to push in with a finger.
on September 5, 2010
I have Phonak Audeo Yes IX hearing aids and these work perfectly. The "stick" has a removal tool on one end to remove the old wax guard and the new wax guard is on the other end. Simply pull out the old and push in the new. Great product.
on August 15, 2015
The package had all 8 sticks inside but 2 of them were missing the white filters and a 3rd's filter was loose and when tried to put it in my aid It fell right out. Before anyone says I don't know what I am doing I have been replacing these filters for over 4 yrs.
on June 10, 2015
If you have a hearing aid you need wax traps. As disgusting as it is ear wax likes to get in your hearing aid and as a result you can't hear as well. It's important to do regular inspections on your wax trap and replace when dirty. These traps work great and are a super deal for your money.
on October 13, 2013
One assumes that if you buy it on Amazon it's going to be the cheapest. This is a waste. I told my hearing aid people about it and they told me too late that the same thing can be purchased from them at a fraction of the cost.
on April 6, 2011
Make sure (I don't know precisely how) that this will work with your Phonak hearing aid. The guards are much to small to fit the one we have.
on April 4, 2014
Good product that does a very good job in protecting your hearing aid from clogging with ear wax. Excellent price from Amazon. I would suggest a daily removal of ear wax yourself before inserting the hearing aid to make these last longer, sometimes twice the useful life. Professional cleaning of a hearing aid is not cheap.