Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 307 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 345 reviews
With 12 songs on this album, you are in for a treat! We purchased this for our 12 year old son but all of us have listened to it over and over again! Our favorite track is probably "Restart" but they are all good. The lyrics are strong, full of meaning and the vocals are tight. A great album for all ages but especially youngsters who need good wholesome music in their lives. Our son's "tuneless" voice is often heard singing out the lyrics to "God's not dead, He's surely alive". It has given Richard and I many opportunities to share with him what the words mean when he has asked.

A great example of the lyrics is in "Fishers of Men".
"Seven billion people on a spinnin' ball
And they all mean the world to You.
It's times like these that I feel so small
There must be something I can do.
I played it safe in shallow water,
Never had the faith to cross the border.
God I've gotten good at being comfortable,
It's time to leave my comfort zone.

Cause you said, "Go... Go... and I will make you fishers of men. Go... Go... I don't care who or where you've been. So don't be afraid to show the world your faith, cause you're never alone. Just Go.. Go, and I will make you fishers of men." "

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on July 20, 2014
It was hard for me to like the new Newsboys. I miss Peter Furler so much! He really made the newsboys. To me, it's a different band now.

Nevertheless, this new band is great, as is this album. Several instant-hits on this song. You'll like them the first time you listen to them. Restart is an applicable title. Because it's a little bit of a departure from the witty lyrics and sort of alternative sound they had in the past. This album is more dance music, I would say. Which isn't bad. Love it. Definitely fun up-beat songs that will get you moving! Sort of like some of the more up-beat songs they've had in the past - except on this album it's almost every song!

You'll like it. Just buy it.
on September 15, 2013
Wow how to start. Newsboys is a veteran group that has been around almost since the rise of Christian music itself. This is their 17th studio project and let me say..it is different, but good. I thought with what jesusfreakhideout described, this would be a heavy techno, dance-pop induced sounding album. Not really to much. It is pop though. That's how you change the world definitely gives a good start to the pop sound and then is followed by Restart which is techno but on a refreshingly light side. "You, you..you hit the restart" will certainly get into your head after a listen or two or three. There are some tracks that do tend to run together musically and lyrically but a few standouts exist. That Home, disaster, One Word, We Believe, Man on Fire, and The Living Years (the last two are from the deluxe version)are stellar songs. As one reviewer said though the same thread of thought seems to run through the whole album and that is 'this is who i was and this is who God is making me to be or who I am now.' We believe is a good current update and companion piece to Rich Mullins famous song 'creed'. the Living Years is a remake of one of my favorite WFOG radio songs by mike and the Mechanics from the 80's. There is a worship cover that I am pretty sure is the last track on the deluxe version 'Stronger.' If I'm wrong then it should be cuz I know this song will go into churches all across the country. It hits a lot of highlights of the Christian faith that 'We believe left out lol. No it does a great job. Overall this album is great although there are some areas that do need improvement but a solid effort for a band that had endured longer than most bands do and still make groovy yet Christ centered music. I think as lead singer Michael Tait has solidified himself as a leader of this legendary group. As time goes on, this group will be back, hopefully, to where it was when Peter Furler was lead singer. From what I've heard here..it's a good start forward. Next album could be even more epic if that's possible.
on July 13, 2014
This is THE BEST Christian music I have ever heard! I wouldn't classify it as rock...it's not like most of the praise and worship that I've listened to before. Many of the songs on this album make you want to get up and dance! And the lyrics are pure poetry, both beautiful and inspirational. I feel like I'm praying as I sing along. I've played this album at least 100 times in the car CD player and put it on the iPod that I just bought. I play it a lot and I play it loud...making a joyful noise unto the Lord!
on March 1, 2014
The Newsboys has long been one of my favorite groups. Their electronic sound coupled with their very creative lyrics makes for an excellent listening experience. This album is no different. Michael Tate's voice really plays well with their overall sound. "Fishers of Men" (track 8) is what initially turned me on to the album. Good reminder to "go, go, go" reach the "7 billion people on a spinnin' ball that all mean the world to you" (i.e. God). That paired with the message of "Go Glow" makes for a great challenge. We are reminded of God's wonderful grace in "Disaster" and "Restart" (the chorus to both gets stuck in my head and I'm pleased that I can't forget it) and "That's How You Change the World" reminds us that it's faithfulness in the little things that makes us effective as Christians, not the big flashy productions. "That Home" is a beautiful ballad about a home where faith rules prefiguring our Eternal Home and "One Word" has served to express my longing to just hear one transforming word directly from the mouth of God. In classic Newsboys fashion, "Stronger" at the end of the album resonates more than the orginal did. The other tracks on the album are of equal quality, but don't resonate quite as strongly with me personally. I guess we all have our favorites. I will note that I have rated all the tracks 3 stars or better with an (unprecedented) four tracks rating five stars (usually only one or two tracks per album will make it that high for me). Hopefully this album will uplift and challenge you as much as it did me, while getting you to kick up your heals and dance for joy.
on March 5, 2014
What's not to love about Newsboys. This is one of those things where you like it or don't, no in-between. This is one of my families favorite Christian bands, in fact, I've seen the perform three or four times and got to do a meet and greet at one of their shows. I like that there are some more ballad types of tracks rather than everything being primarily upbeat and fast paced. The song That Home that Michael wrote for his mother brings tears pretty much EVERY time I hear it though not for the same reasons. I've never had a mother like he sings about and my solemn prayer is that my children are able to relate to this song about me after I'm gone. The 1st time my son heard it (he's 12) he was moved to tears and came running to hug me saying something like "thanks for giving us "that home" like Newsboys sings about. I haven't heard a Newsboys CD I didn't like but honestly think the band is that much stronger with Tait on lead vocals.
on April 4, 2017
Bought this for my sister, and she loves it.
on March 16, 2017
No complaint
on April 7, 2017
on May 8, 2014
....because each of us wants to have it available to us to play. My teenaged son introduced me to the Newsboys, and I can't get enough of them. Love the music, love the beat, love the lyrics. This is probably the most-played CD I've purchased in years. We finally compromised on keeping it in the car so we can both listen to it when we are driving. I never realized Christian music could be as good, if not better, than the popular music we usually listen to.