|Print List Price:||$13.95|
Save $10.96 (79%)
Resurgent Shadows (Successive Harmony Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 347 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Resurgent Shadows (Successive Harmony Book 1)
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
There are several mystical creatures, but they have very real human characteristics. There are a few I would love to know. My favorite character is Sigvid. He reminds me of myself sometimes. He does not take any lip from anyone, but shows how he cares in a very subtle way. My favorite part of the book is when the baby white dragon was about to be born. Its dad went to find her rider. Cannot say what happens, but it is awesome. I actually laughed out loud when the Dvengers interacted with a flashlight. Sounds silly I know but it was funny. There were parts in the story where I could feel the pain from one of the main characters. At first it was a little confusing. There is a small backstory but some elements of what happened are missing until you read more of the book. I can honestly say I did not see the end of Chapter 2 coming. Once you think you have the story line where you think you know what will happen next, there is a twist. It flows wonderfully to keep you reading though.
This book reminds me of the Lord of the Rings and Resident Evil. If you like these types then you will enjoy this one. I would recommend this for young teens to adults. I kind of wish the ending was different but being a cliffhanger just makes me wish the second book was out. I cannot wait to see what the second book is like, if there is a second book.
Disclaimer: I received this product mentioned for review purpose, either free or at a discounted price. No other form of compensation was received. My opinions are my own.
So, long and short...the story revolves around Lhaurel, clan then roterralar, and her journey to become what she is meant to be. Along the way we encounter Gavin who is fulfilling the quest of his people to climb the walls of the Oasis, Kaiden who is revenging the death of his father, and Taren's quest to become ruler of all the clans.
Much is left hanging at the end of this novel, like
...who is the Orinai
...what happened all those years ago between the Rahuli and the Orinai
...what is the relationship between the Rahuli and The Orinai
...who is the enemy that is mentioned by both Elyana and Kaiden
...what is the bloodlines that Beryl mentions coming together at the end of the novel
...why does Beryl hear voices, and whose voices does he hear
...who was Briane and who did she belong to, and why was she lost
...what is Beryl
...who was Eldriean and how did he come to be the leader of the people
...lastly was the world always such a large desert or is the world physically unchanged and the people have just wondered away from the non-desert parts of the world.
There's a lot of war and weaponry (which is lifelike, which is pretty cool) and soul-searching in between. I love a book that can delicately weave in religion(s) and he does it well. There are some cool magical powers on top of dragons that were definite highlights of the story.
The writing is a bit wordy and repetitive but the end made me super excited for the next book (GREAT ending). Overall a good read!
*I received a free copy of this book for an unbiased review.
I shared this feedback with Kevin else where but I wanted to share it here:
I wanted to thank you for the Successive Shadows series. I'm looking forward to book 2. I enjoyed a couple of points:
1) I like how you are drawing in bits of faith. I find it interesting that modern authors have shied away bringing questions of faith into fantasy novels. Eric is clearly Judeao-Christian in some nature (though the nature seems to be irrelevant for now). I would love to see this faith explored greater. I like the depth you are trying to draw out here but you could do much more (as part of Eric's character growth).
2) I greatly enjoy the breadth of characters and their growth both for Caleb and Eric. I was surprised by the choice of a bow for Caleb and allowed my brain to see a sabre or a scimitar at that time. I am still interested in the juxtaposition that seems to have occurred between the two characters. Caleb began the beast and became calm ... possibly even negatively show. Eric began the thinker and is now the beserker. I am interested to see where you take this.
Things I would personally love to see:
1) What became of the US Military. I am still dissatisfied with the depth of explanation given so far.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've owned the book for a while but just got around to reading it and I'm glad I did but also wish I'd gaff waited longer so that I could just keep reading with the next book. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Shaun
Fascinating - and so different from Nielson's Sands and Storm novels. I couldn't put the book down - dwarves, dragons, modern-day setting, Marines and automatic fire... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amanda Peterson
I liked the complete stories, Caleb,s and Eric. Sadness at the lose of Racheal and Benson. Could hardly put it down as I wanted to continue and ending came up very fast and... Read morePublished 6 months ago by CAROL BREWER
Looking forward to the next book!!! Great mix of fantasy and post apocalypse!!!Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
This was my first foray into Urban Fantasy. I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a review. As I was saying, this is my first Urban Fantasy. Read morePublished 6 months ago by David Billikopf
Great book. However what happened to the missle silos that were purchased by survivalist.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
There are several interesting stories going on throughout this book. If it had been told from only 1 or 2 perspectives and the links between those characters were clear throughout... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Summer Rain
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Sword & Sorcery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Post-Apocalyptic