|Print List Price:||$10.99|
Save $7.00 (64%)
Retaliation (The Oceanstone Initiative Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- Winner of the Utah League of Writers' 2020 Silver Quill Award!
- "Action, intrigue and quirky characters had me whipping through the pages. It's so refreshing to read a female lead who's intelligent, strong and caring. The underlying themes will resonate with readers and speaks of issues plaguing our society today." -N.N. Light's Book Heaven
- "Wow! Book two, and what a badass she becomes! A really good book that keeps you on your toes- all the way through! " -5 Star Goodreads Review
- "I enjoyed this... Sakota and Astraeus have an interesting dynamic that makes them characters I cared about." -Vicki Mosby, Coffee Time Romance
- "The romance is hot and heavy (and super sweet at the same time), and the heroine just keeps kicking ass. Can't wait to read the next one!" -5 Star Goodreads Review
- ASIN : B082MB9VPV
- Publisher : Covey Publishing, LLC (December 27, 2019)
- Publication date : December 27, 2019
- Language : English
- File size : 3133 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 272 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1675666342
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,476,708 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is a worthy follow-up to the first book. Again, it is a well-written, multi-layered political sci-fi romance. Again, it contains timely messages within the story. This one was a little heavy on the sci-fi for me personally but the story was still entertaining. I do love the innovations, I just don't need all of the minute details. The story is at its best when it is character-focused. Specifically Sakota and Astraeus. These two have a wonderful love. Every moment shared with these two was special. I agree with Astraeus, he chose his mate well! I enjoyed three of the aliens tremendously and of course, Hubble. And I couldn't get enough of Alistair's pearls of wisdom.
While this series is ongoing, the storyline in this book was resolved. I really like how the author has a story within the larger story in each book. The story is resolved, connected, and continuing. I look forward to the next book knowing the challenges facing the crew and their "stowaway". I can't wait for more of Sakota and Astraeus and their next adventure.
With an educated imagination leading us, we once again set off on a journey with author Haley Cavanagh to....worlds unknown. A multi-leveled story that captures us once again:
Level 1== great Sci-fi adventure into the future with powerful intelligent beings
Level 2==explores the feelings, trials and achievements of one viewed as worthless from the POV of the 1%
who have political and economic power.
Level 3==exposes the hubris of rulers decimating their domains:
...”I’m connected in ways you can’t imagine, powerful beyond measure...There’s no law I can’t bend,
no planet I can’t destroy. No human I can’t kill.”.......(Hm-m-m.....Seem familiar?)
Some worthy thoughts to share about our heroine:
”...her origins do not define her destiny.”
“ Family and blood are who we choose, not where we come from, and no one has the right
to determine our future but us.”
We avidly read as our H & h travel their adventure, meet their challenges, vanquish their foes and finally find their happiness with each other. Ah-h-h! Just an old fashioned Sci-fi that satisfies! Don’t miss this!
I received a free copy of this book. The thoughts are my own and are voluntary.
I love science fiction romance because it blends together two of my favorite genres, science fiction and romance. Retaliation is a well-done sequel and one I thoroughly enjoyed. While heavy on sci fi, the plot shines through as does the love between Sakota and Astraeus. Action, intrigue and quirky characters had me whipping through the pages. It’s so refreshing to read a female lead who’s intelligent, strong and caring. The underlying themes will resonate with readers and speaks of issues plaguing our society today. The ending satisfied me, and I can’t wait to see what adventures lies ahead for Saroka. If I could make one recommendation, ease up a little on the science fiction vernacular. Too many details can pull the reader out of the story.
Fans of science fiction and space opera will love this one!
Disclaimer: I received a copy from the author in the hopes I'd review it.
My Rating: 4.5 stars