RetiCAM Smartphone Tripod Mount with XL Conversion Kit - Metal Universal Smart Phone Tripod Adapter - Standard Plus XL Conversion Kit
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Comes with a Standard Mount plus an XL Conversion Kit that allows you to quickly switch between Standard and XL to fit virtually all smartphones on the market. Perfect if you're not sure which model to buy or plan to change phones soon.
- Superb metal construction: CNC machined from solid aluminum alloy for exceptional strength, and hard anodized with a beautiful matte finish.
- Phone is well protected by 3M-backed rubber pads and nothing contacts your phone's screen. Mounts on any standard tripod (1/4-20) and also stands on its own (tripod not included).
- Mounts on any standard tripod (1/4-20) and also stands on its own without a tripod (mini-tripod not included).
- Compatible with all Apple iPhones, Samsung Note, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, Nokia Lumia, HTC, Motorola, LG and many other phones and phablets.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Compare with similar items
RetiCAM® Smartphone Tripod Mounts are precision CNC machined from solid aluminum and finished with hard anodizing for exceptional strength and rust/scratch resistance. We offer two versions: Standard Size and XL Size. The product on this page includes both: It comes with an XL mount and also a conversion kit that can easily change from XL size to standard size (and vice versa), and will fit nearly all smartphones on the market from 2.1" to 3.6" wide, with or without a case. May also work with phones slightly outside that range depending on their thickness. The RetiCAM cell phone holder can be attached to any standard tripod (1/4-20), and can secure your cell phone for photos, videos or being used as a webcam or car GPS. 3M-backed rubber pads protect your phone's edges, and nothing contacts your phone's screen. Our unique V-shaped groove also leaves space for edge buttons. Tripod not included. Compatible with all Apple iPhones, Samsung Notes, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, Nokia Lumia, HTC, Motorola, LG and many other phones and phablets.
We recently upgraded the thumb screw from carbon steel to stainless steel for better rust resistance, and the thumb knob is also upgraded and is now even bigger and stronger than before.- Top Rated: No. 1 rated smart phone tripod mount in all Cell Phones & Accessories.
- All Metal Design: CNC machined from solid 6061 aluminum, finished with sand blasting surface treatment and hard anodizing.
- Compact and Light Weight: 1.65"x1.06"x3.5"(LWH), 3oz.
- Universal: Holds any smart phone from 2.1" to 3.6" wide with the conversion kit, even with a case.
- Secure: Phone is locked in place with a steel bolt (not a spring!) and protected with textured rubber pads. Extra space for edge buttons. No physical contact with phone screen.
- Ease of Use: Just turn the knob, lock phone, and mount to any tripod. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have tried at least 10 other mounts, most of them are spring loaded plastic contraptions that simply are not guaranteed to hold your phone in place. With those spring loaded mounts, all it takes is a small bump and your phone can pop out.
So, I decided to start looking for a better mount that would have two critical features:
I wanted one made out of metal, not plastic.
I wanted one with a clamp, not a spring.
The RetiCAM has both of these features and when I clamped my phone into it, I knew I had a winner. Once your phone is in there, it's not going to fall out. It has a comfortable amount of rubber on the top and bottom to insure it doesn't scratch your phone, and the gap is large enough to hold your phone with or without a case.
In my case, I paid a few extra dollars and opted for the package that comes with the regular and XL conversion kit. This lets me use just about any phone. Making the change from the iPhone 5 to 6 Plus or any phone in between a breeze.
The construction is all solid metal. It seems very steady and clamps my Samsung Note 3 phone snugly and securely. I bought one and left it in my car to use my phone as a full time GPS navigation when I drive (of course, suction cup tripod mount is not included and has to be purchased separately for about $7). I am buying a second unit to use it in my office to read kindle ebooks and stream music via Bluetooth to my wireless speaker.
The metal construction is fantastic
The adjustable screw secured three different sizes phone from the LG Rumor 2, LG Optimus Slider, to the Samsung Galaxy Victory.
The only con so far is the rubber padding. Understandably they are glued on, but the glue that hold them on fails.
Lost 1 of 4 of those rubber pads in the field. So overall 4 of 5 stars.
2016 April Update.
Two years of use approximately.
In that two years I only had two issues.
3M rubber pads which was my original issue early 2014. Slipped off didnt keep my phone in place, lost em. Contacted Reticam, they gave me a set of additional rubber pads. Which is great of them. I don't find them reliable so I did lose them somewhere. So I just purchase rubberized phone cases instead. That problem solved.
The knob on the screw broke off on February of 2016. Discovered that part has plastic by way of the damage. Originally thought everything except the 3M rubberpads were metal. Well I decided to contact Reticam again, possibly this being out of warranty? Took weeks for them to reply.They sent in a replacement despite saying it was out of warranty.
2018 February Update:
That replacement knob and bolt they sent in 2016 broke off in latter 2016. Not the bolt, the knob at the top.
Without the knob on the bolt exposes a hole were you can adjust with a hex driver of T25 size.
Confirmed the weak points of the Reticam mount is the 3M adhesive pads, and the plastic knob which are not metal.
Still using this mount to this day very sturdy.