RetiCAM Smartphone Tripod Mount with Standard Plus XL Conversion Kit(2.1 to 3.6- inch)- Black
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Comes with a Standard Mount plus an XL Conversion Kit that allows you to quickly switch between Standard and XL to fit virtually all smartphones on the market. Perfect if you're not sure which model to buy or plan to change phones soon.
- Superb metal construction: CNC machined from solid aluminum alloy for exceptional strength, and hard anodized with a beautiful matte finish.
- Phone is well protected by 3M-backed rubber pads and nothing contacts your phone's screen. Mounts on any standard tripod (1/4-20) and also stands on its own (tripod not included).
- Mounts on any standard tripod (1/4-20) and also stands on its own without a tripod (mini-tripod not included).
- Compatible with all Apple iPhones, Samsung Note, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, Nokia Lumia, HTC, Motorola, LG and many other phones and phablets.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item RetiCAM Smartphone Tripod Mount with Standard Plus XL Conversion Kit(2.1 to 3.6- inch)- Black
Vastar Universal Smartphone Tripod Adapter Cell Phone Holder Mount Adapter, Fits iPhone, Samsung, and all Phones, Rotates Vertical and Horizontal, Adjustable Clamp B01L3B5PBI
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||RetiCAM||AlizonTech||RetiCAM||DHphoto Inc|
|Item Dimensions||1.1 x 1.6 x 3.5 in||14.5 x 17.5 x 1 in||1.25 x 5.5 x 1.25 in||2.9 x 6 x 1.8 in|
RetiCAM® Smartphone Tripod Mounts are precision CNC machined from solid aluminum and finished with hard anodizing for exceptional strength and rust/scratch resistance. We offer two versions: Standard Size and XL Size. The product on this page includes both: It comes with an XL mount and also a conversion kit that can easily change from XL size to standard size (and vice versa), and will fit nearly all smartphones on the market from 2.1" to 3.6" wide, with or without a case. May also work with phones slightly outside that range depending on their thickness. The RetiCAM cell phone holder can be attached to any standard tripod (1/4-20), and can secure your cell phone for photos, videos or being used as a webcam or car GPS. 3M-backed rubber pads protect your phone's edges, and nothing contacts your phone's screen. Our unique V-shaped groove also leaves space for edge buttons. Tripod not included. Compatible with all Apple iPhones, Samsung Notes, Samsung Galaxy, Google Nexus, Nokia Lumia, HTC, Motorola, LG and many other phones and phablets.
We recently upgraded the thumb screw from carbon steel to stainless steel for better rust resistance, and the thumb knob is also upgraded and is now even bigger and stronger than before.- Top Rated: No. 1 rated smart phone tripod mount in all Cell Phones & Accessories.
- All Metal Design: CNC machined from solid 6061 aluminum, finished with sand blasting surface treatment and hard anodizing.
- Compact and Light Weight: 1.65"x1.06"x3.5"(LWH), 3oz.
- Universal: Holds any smart phone from 2.1" to 3.6" wide with the conversion kit, even with a case.
- Secure: Phone is locked in place with a steel bolt (not a spring!) and protected with textured rubber pads. Extra space for edge buttons. No physical contact with phone screen.
- Ease of Use: Just turn the knob, lock phone, and mount to any tripod. Satisfaction guaranteed!
Top Customer Reviews
I have tried at least 10 other mounts, most of them are spring loaded plastic contraptions that simply are not guaranteed to hold your phone in place. With those spring loaded mounts, all it takes is a small bump and your phone can pop out.
So, I decided to start looking for a better mount that would have two critical features:
I wanted one made out of metal, not plastic.
I wanted one with a clamp, not a spring.
The RetiCAM has both of these features and when I clamped my phone into it, I knew I had a winner. Once your phone is in there, it's not going to fall out. It has a comfortable amount of rubber on the top and bottom to insure it doesn't scratch your phone, and the gap is large enough to hold your phone with or without a case.
In my case, I paid a few extra dollars and opted for the package that comes with the regular and XL conversion kit. This lets me use just about any phone. Making the change from the iPhone 5 to 6 Plus or any phone in between a breeze.
The construction is all solid metal. It seems very steady and clamps my Samsung Note 3 phone snugly and securely. I bought one and left it in my car to use my phone as a full time GPS navigation when I drive (of course, suction cup tripod mount is not included and has to be purchased separately for about $7). I am buying a second unit to use it in my office to read kindle ebooks and stream music via Bluetooth to my wireless speaker.
Not only does it do an excellent job of holding my phone secure, it does so when the phone is fully outfitted in the Ztylus phone case, lens cartridge and all. (http://www.amazon.com/Ztylus-Smartphone-Kickstand-Revolver-Attachment/dp/B00P70N7D0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431300315&sr=8-3&keywords=ztylus). Yes, a phone looks genuinely weird outfitted in such case and sitting on top of a tripod, but it's perfect for steadying the photos/videos and I couldn't imagine anything better. What I like about the RetiCAM is that it holds the phone with no issues of unbalance. Very nicely engineered.
The most important part for me was to have a mount that would not only fit the phone, but also to fit the phone that's in a case, and this one delivers. By the way, I did not receive this as a free sample in exchange for a review. I bought this baby with my own hard-earned.
I have been using this mount with my iPhone 6 (with or without a case) to capture timelapses, long exposure pictures, and videos on both a tripod and on top of my GH4. Other smart phone mounts are made of plastic with a spring so I couldn't ever trust them to not break or even just get a good grip on my phone. This mount is made out of metal and you physiclly screw it down as tight as you want so I have never worried about its reliability or ability to completely grab onto my phone and not let go! This means alot when you are leaving your phone on a roof for a timelapse.
Cons: no tension while opening or closing the jaws to secure the phone.
But here's my solution to that issue.