Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on May 25, 2013
Worked great with Win7 (64-bit). Plugged the dongle into the computer and the adapter was automatically recognized by Windows. I then plugged in my ancient 8-bit NES controller into the dongle. No problem with plugs fitting. Tested with Nestopia, FCEUX, and Higan. Works! The first time i used it, I had to map keypresses for each emulator, which took about 20 seconds. I was even able to use it do the infamous triangle jumps in "Strider".

Also,one cool thing about using this is that you can remap the buttons to be turbo buttons, if you want. (tested in Nestopia) Mapping the B button to be Turbo-B made "1943" a piece of cake!
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 4, 2015
This product is flawless. The original NES controller plugs into it, and it plugs into the computer via USB. I previously bought a controller with its own USB connector at the end, but the timing was off, and you could totally sense it when playing Super Mario Bros. This product is perfect. The game play is exactly the same as on the original NES.

For some reason, for this product you may see a picture on Amazon of a controller with a USB cable coming out of it. This product is actually a USB adapter that the original NES controller plugs into.
on October 13, 2011
System:
Windows 7
Emulators:
Nintendo Entertainment System: Jnes
Sega Master System: Fusion
PC Engine: Ootake

My adapter is from Retro-bit, not Retrolink. It even has a Retro-bit logo on the adapter where you connect the controller. The connection from the controller is a very tight fit, I really had to push the controller plug in there. No calibration was necessary, like it was for my N64 controller adapter May Flash N64 Controller Adapter for PC USB I only had to configure the controller input for my emulators.

The best experience was playing Battletoads in my NES emulator. It was like I was back in time playing Battletoads on the NES when I was a young kid. I recommend this product the most for NES emulation. Nothing beats an authentic NES controller from Nintendo. I've even bought Classic USB NES Controller for PC but the control pad left button broke after 10 minutes. So this probably is your best bet, although you still need an NES controller to go with it.
2 people found this helpful
on July 28, 2011
I have an old NES console, and I have an 8-bit NES controller laying around. I wanted a quick and easy way to play NES roms on my PC without having to buy some fake nes usb controller. Why buy the USB version, when you can use the real, authentic nes controller with usb adapter?

Once I got the adapter, it worked instantly. Just plug in the controller to the adapter, then plug the adapter into the PC and that was it. Windows recognized it fine, and I was up and playing old school TMNT2 within 2 minutes. If you are looking for an easy way to play NES roms, then look no further than this simple adapter plug.
on November 11, 2012
I'm a big retro gaming fan. Soon after discovering emulators, I always wished I could play with the original controllers for the various systems.
At one point, I had gotten an NES USB controller. It served the purpose, but was lacking in a few areas.
It was a cheaply made, flimsy piece of plastic, and seemed to have just a slight lag.
Eventually it just stopped working all together.
So then I got this adapter, and all of my problems were solved!
I didn't have any original NES controllers, but they're not hard to find.
Once I found one, I plugged this bad boy in, and was in retro gaming heaven!
It's truly plug-and-play. I was gaming in seconds.
No after-market, or third party controllers beat the feel of the originals.
Plus the lag was gone! This simple product fixed everything, and has been working great ever since.
Couldn't be happier!
on December 27, 2012
I received two of these as a gift this Christmas. I plugged in the adapters and the computer recognized them with no problem. However, when they are plugged in simultaneously only input from the first controller is recognized. I have tried testing this through multiple emulators with the same effect. I also swapped controllers around (both function in the first player port), swapped adapters, and also swapped USB ports. I have a message out to the seller asking for a solution since the product description clearly states "Get 2 adapters to challenge your friends to multiplayer games." The controller that does get recognized works well so far, but I do notice that the down button doesn't hold down constantly (which is cumbersome in games such as mario 3 where you have to hold down consistently for certain objectives).

I'll update the product review as I receive more details on the simultaneous controls.
One person found this helpful
on August 15, 2013
Just what I needed to plug into my NES controller and it actually worked flawlessly!

I really started to notice the difference between using this authentic controller and the Gtron USB NES controller. An the original controller wins like always! But I will be honest, the Gtron USB NES controller was close and it was better to use than the keyboard. And also it was great for substitution. I will not throw away the USB controller infact I'll hang on to it for 2 player games lol. And what I loved most about using this combo was that I could Run&Jump at the same time while playing Super Mario Bros. I could repeatedly shoot faster while playing Metroid.

I could control Link without any issue and blast away the enemies with no glitch problem from the D-pad. So as a matter infact Im very happy with my purchase! And I guess others weren't satisfied cause I found out they were MAC OSX users. Well I'm No MAC user at all infact I'm using Windows Ultimate 7
on June 19, 2013
I have an NES Advantage (arcade style gamepad that has two NES controller connectors and can switch between controller 1 and controller 2).

I have only bought one of these adapters at the moment, but it works flawlessly so far. The LEDs on the NES Advantage work, as does the rapid fire feature. I am using Linux and the adapter shows up as a standard USB gamepad device.

The adapter is smaller than I expected, which is nice, but the USB cable is only 36 inches (3 feet or about 92 cm). This is not a problem in my case.

NOTE: I have only been able to use the NES Advantage for input of controller 2, but I suspect that is because of how the NES Advantage gets its power (perhaps exclusively through the controller 2 connection). I will be purchasing another to verify that I can use both controller 1 and 2 when I have them both connected to adapters. I will update here...
on August 18, 2013
NES USB controllers have been really shoddy and continue to be so, but this little adapter has solved all my problems. Plug'n'play, no installation, works perfectly. I've been using the JNES emulator. I've put it through the most rigorous action games I've got on hand (like MM3) all with my beloved, original NES controller brick, and it's flawless.

I'm running Windows 7 on a PC, and this adapter has been flawlessly putting my childhood back into my hands! :D
on July 15, 2011
This is a wonderful product. I can play retro NES games on my pc with the actual NES controller.
However, it is not the product I ordered. I ordered a RETROLINK adapter and received a RETROBIT adapter.
I think a couple other customers had this same problem. Unlike those customers, my RETROBIT adapter works just fine.
They seem to be virtually the same product and since it works flawlessly I will only deduct one star.
I would also like to point out that the adapter has about 3 feet of cable and when you add that to the already long NES
controller cable, you get a controller that can reach all the way across most rooms.
One person found this helpful