Amazon Vehicles Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 29 reviews
on August 22, 2013
My two sons aged 6 and 10 both loved the book, and so did I! The story is intriguing, full of mystery and suspense. The characters are adorable and the relationships portrayed between the brothers and their sister show evidence of an author who knows kids well - she also knows all the little things that will fascinate them...like magic hourglasses, a time-travel clock, secrets, a secret door, children being able to do great "adult" things for themselves like taking care of a shop and maintaining the office, and a villain that is bad but not too scary to give them nightmares, and two loving but busy parents. Lovely, violence-free and well-written work!
on March 23, 2014
Taking place about two years after the first book, ("The Magic of Finkleton") this is a continuation of life in Finkleton. While we may have thought Jack, Lizzy, and Robert had discovered all of the magical secrets in Uncle Harry's store, this new book proves us wrong. Not only are there new secrets, and new magic to explore, there is something the children discovered before that plays an important roll in their adventures.

Once again KC Hilton has shared her vivid imagination with us to enjoy a visit to Finkleton that is filled with surprises---both good and bad. Children and the young at heart will enjoy the return and especially Robert's unusual predicament.

Hilton has written a magical tale that is sure to become a classic much like the works of Edward Eager and Elizabeth Enright. Don't miss reading the Finkleton books---you will be glad you did!
on March 25, 2017
Again it's a quick easy read. The story moves fast and is entertaining. However, I would have liked more depth for the last chapter. It felt like an epilogue
on March 16, 2014
I enjoyed this book just as much as "The Magic of Finkleton". The story line kept me wanting to never stop reading. But had to go to work and busy with life. I really felt like I was part of the story at times. I always dreamed of things happening like this in my life. Great for anyone to read who loves an adventure. Cannot wait for "Saving Finkleton". I hope K.C. Hilton continues the adventure.
on May 30, 2012
I had already read the Magic of Finkleton and couldn't wait for the Return to Finkleton to come out. I can tell you I wasn't disappointed. I understand the book is aimed at the YA market but as an adult I found myself rapidy page turning eager to see what would happen next.
I know there is to be another book in the series which I shall eagerly be pestering the author for.
If ever a series of books deserved to be made into a movie look no further than the Finkleton series by KC Hilton.
on July 29, 2013
This is an excellent follow up to the first book in the series, with new puzzles for Jack, Robert and Lizzy to figure out. I enjoyed the dilemma the characters faced and the lessons they learned along the way. The magical elements are a pleasure to read and I like how Hilton has blended the adventures from one book into the next. A delight for any young reader, well done!
on January 16, 2014
I know these are children's books but I remain a child at heart. I love the thought of a magical place. There is always a place for pure whimsy. No, there really is no place like Finkleton, but if we can enjoy flying carpets then why not a magical place where the weather is always just exactly perfect for individual crops?
on June 6, 2014
I am a grown up, but I really like kids books and hope to get my great-granddaughter to read this one at some point. I read the original Finkleton book and then saw this one so had to get it. It didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the next one.
on January 3, 2015
I didn't want to put these books down, a very creative and interesting read. get all the books in the series, you won't be sorry.
on June 7, 2014
I chose this rating because it was a great book.
I love the great things at the end of each chapter in this book and I would recommend this book to anyone who likes magic.