Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,020 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,250 reviews
on December 5, 2016
I feared religion, feared succumbing to the opiate of the masses. The word "God" troubled me, even while I sought a deeper spirituality. Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit... I blindly closed my mind to anything in Christian terms. But I was fortunate enough to pick up this book at a time in my life when I was beginning to shed many of my judgements, and consider faith not by how others may abuse it or be shackled by it, but how it might empower me to find a deeper happiness. It all started with me re-stumbling upon a quote I read five years ago on how we feared not our inadequacy, but our strength. And it ended up with me finishing this book minutes ago and my mind screeching to a halt, "What? It's over? I need more!" Only the whole point of the book was telling me I don't need to read more, I just need to act on what resonated with me from the words so recently imbibed.

I rather doubt I'll ever consider myself Christian. But when you translate the concept of God from a bearded Old Testament crotchety and vengeful powerhouse to the raw and unadulterated purity of love... I don't need to read the Bible to find answers. When the idea of Jesus isn't so much the one and only Son of God, but a state of grace each and everyone of us can become through the shedding of fear... I can relate. When the word Christ is us used to speak to the fact that all of us are connected, rather than a fixation on crucifixion... I can open my mind a crack more. And the concept of the Holy Spirit as the guiding force that allows us to replace fear and its derivatives with love for ourselves and one another... alright, finally Christianity makes at least a lick of sense.

Does everything in these pages resonate to me? I'm not sure, but it doesn't need to. The whole point as there is no single right answer, beyond the fact that love is always the right answer. But going to church on Sunday, believing in Jesus, living a life of abstaining from all physical joys or looking upon others or ourselves with judgement and shame... not a prerequisite to finding wisdom in these pages. I would finish a chapter, and the whole world would seem to make more sense. Colors looked better, and I would sink into a feeling of peace is never felt before. The book calls my shift in perception a miracle. I don't think I'm capable of disagreeing on that point. As the author says, this is only the beginning, not the destination. I don't know if I'll read or undertake A Course in Miracles, but I do know that this companion, this interpretation, has changed my world for the better.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2017
Her writings have for me been been an inspiration. A little heavy on the spiritual side but nothing that I can't find a place for in my life. This is my fourth book by Marianne and looking forward to the next. Thank you.
on April 21, 2014
This is a great illumination and illustration of what M Williamson can contribute.

I have not been a fan, particularly, of her Save the World Spiritually movement. Here she seems to me to return to more productive roots, with a foot in ACIM and the other planted firmly ... where it's always been planted. (It feels like 12 Step stuff to me, but it never really gets quite there, just allusions and hints, which is fine.)

I think this is the best since Illuminata, and found it very worth-while.
on June 15, 2015
I am very disappointed in this book so far, I had to put it down and start reading another book, I'm going to go back and try and finish but it's really hard to read and way to heavy about organized religion and your belief in god, I'm hoping it's going to get better when I pick it back up.
on August 4, 2017
Not all the way through yet but it's a little too sweet for me the intro seemed more interesting and the book is just getting repetitive. I always love positive reads but this hasn't helped me on as some others. I'll keep reading maybe I will have to change my review once I get to the end of it
on July 18, 2017
This book is a gift of love. Is a return to the most intimate self we lost, to the inocence of our childhood, to the magical world of unconditional love. I reccomend it to my patients, specially those who ask big questions, to those who cannot anymore accept the intricacies of this world. Get ready to travel to the most beautiful expanses of your soul, and mine...
on April 26, 2017
My heart is fertile soil for this knowledge. This is my time now. Although I lament that much of my life on earth has been lived in ignorance, I realize that it matters only to the extent that the pain suffered during this period has brought me to this time of joy and gratitude that my spirit's journey is just gaining momentum. Time to really live in each moment.
on April 13, 2014
I carry a copy of this book wherever I go. I consider it to be a "Bible" of sorts for A Course in Miracles. I really enjoy Marianne Williamson's style of writing. She's very draws you in and is quite direct. You get the true sense she knows of what she speaks. She discusses the main principals of ACIM and gives you a genuine understanding of these principals and how they are practically applied in everyday life. With her style of writing you could probably read this book in one sitting as it is thoroughly interesting. However, you probably would want to take your time with it to be sure the messages are clear to you and actually become a part of your thought process. She mentions that it tool 40 years [however many years] for us to learn to think the way we do so don't expect your way of thinking and perception to change overnight. As I mentioned, I carry this book with me because it is easy to open to any chapter or page and pick up reading. Also, I find my perceptions change as I read certain passages at different times of my life. A Return to Love is a very interesting read and Marianne Williamson is a superior writer. I hope you enjoy her work as much as I do!
on November 6, 2015
I AM A 91 YEARS OLD BELONGING TO A 12TH STEP PROGRAM (WHICH IS ALL ABOUT FINDING A SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIFE) FOR 33 YEARS, & FIND LIFE PURPOSE IS ALL ABOUT FINDING "LOVE!!" JUST FINISHED PUBLISHING MY 2ND BOOK "OUR CHILD'S ROOTS" . "LOVED" YOOUR BOOK THAT WENT INTO GREAT DETAIL FROM THE COURSE IN MIRACLES AND I ENJOYED THE THOUGHT'S YOU INTRODUCED, THIS WORLD NEEDS THIS KIND OF THINKING ABOUT " LOVE " FOR IT IS THE ANSWER TO ALL OUR PROBLEMS LOIS REIMERS
on December 8, 2016
This book was ok. It would make assumptions on various topics and present the assumptions as facts. It referred to A Course in Miracles every other line, which was annoying to read. Another drawback of purchasing the book on this site that was that I started to receive unsolicited emails on courses and other information presented by Marianne Williamson.
However, I think any book that promotes love is not a waste of time. A teacher that had read it felt like it was life changing, but it was not for me.