Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,031 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,259 reviews
on December 5, 2016
I feared religion, feared succumbing to the opiate of the masses. The word "God" troubled me, even while I sought a deeper spirituality. Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit... I blindly closed my mind to anything in Christian terms. But I was fortunate enough to pick up this book at a time in my life when I was beginning to shed many of my judgements, and consider faith not by how others may abuse it or be shackled by it, but how it might empower me to find a deeper happiness. It all started with me re-stumbling upon a quote I read five years ago on how we feared not our inadequacy, but our strength. And it ended up with me finishing this book minutes ago and my mind screeching to a halt, "What? It's over? I need more!" Only the whole point of the book was telling me I don't need to read more, I just need to act on what resonated with me from the words so recently imbibed.

I rather doubt I'll ever consider myself Christian. But when you translate the concept of God from a bearded Old Testament crotchety and vengeful powerhouse to the raw and unadulterated purity of love... I don't need to read the Bible to find answers. When the idea of Jesus isn't so much the one and only Son of God, but a state of grace each and everyone of us can become through the shedding of fear... I can relate. When the word Christ is us used to speak to the fact that all of us are connected, rather than a fixation on crucifixion... I can open my mind a crack more. And the concept of the Holy Spirit as the guiding force that allows us to replace fear and its derivatives with love for ourselves and one another... alright, finally Christianity makes at least a lick of sense.

Does everything in these pages resonate to me? I'm not sure, but it doesn't need to. The whole point as there is no single right answer, beyond the fact that love is always the right answer. But going to church on Sunday, believing in Jesus, living a life of abstaining from all physical joys or looking upon others or ourselves with judgement and shame... not a prerequisite to finding wisdom in these pages. I would finish a chapter, and the whole world would seem to make more sense. Colors looked better, and I would sink into a feeling of peace is never felt before. The book calls my shift in perception a miracle. I don't think I'm capable of disagreeing on that point. As the author says, this is only the beginning, not the destination. I don't know if I'll read or undertake A Course in Miracles, but I do know that this companion, this interpretation, has changed my world for the better.
11 comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2017
Her writings have for me been been an inspiration. A little heavy on the spiritual side but nothing that I can't find a place for in my life. This is my fourth book by Marianne and looking forward to the next. Thank you.
on September 8, 2013
Some people might be turned off by the Christian terminology used in the book....
While I love the book I do not necessarily agree with the new interpretations of the Christian terminologies either - I used to go to church and what I learnt from going to church is still stuck in my head.
However all religious talk aside, I think this is a great book for emotional healing.
It really encourages the change in perception which makes all the difference in our lives...
Christians may find some of the ideas unappealing but for me personally, as long as I can get out of my personal 'Hell' in my mind, it doesn't matter if the ideas are 'right'. After all, if I am able to have a healthy mindset I am able to love others more, which is what exactly the Bible wants us to do.
This book is a keeper. It has really helped me to gradually get rid of negativity and sadness inside me that has been plaguing me for years and that I wasn't able to get rid of by antidepressants or going to church.
on August 4, 2017
A Return to Love to is a wake up call to the world. Either we do it or we self destruct. The good news is that people like MW are here to show us the way,
on January 25, 2017
This is an excellent book that I highly recommend.
It is very well written, and the content is fascinating to me.

The books talks in a friendly, loving manner about certain concepts such as Heaven, God, the Holy Spirit and ego. It is a book about eliminating fear from our lives and choosing love instead. It teaches us that God is love, and it is not someone who punishes us or whom we must fear.
on October 8, 2013
This book literally changed my perspective on life. The principles of The course in Miracles are clearly explained by Marianne Williamson who I believe is one of the great spiritual leaders of our time. If you are looking for spiritual enlightenment and guidance but don't feel connected to religion, this is a great book to check out. Marianne is down to earth and is a wonderful speaker. Her writing is fluid and it's a quick read. You learn that a miracle is just a change in perception which means everyone is able to receive a miracle. You learn a new way to look at the concept of "GOD" and "LOVE." It's truly phenomenal. I bought one for each of my friends and it's really changed our lives.
on August 16, 2013
Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some; it is in everyone.

And, as we let our own light shine, we consciously give
other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson
on March 1, 2015
great concept but plodding and repetitive style - found it a monotonous read - could've been condensed to make some excellent points and better reading.
on May 3, 2015
Marianne Williamson continues to amaze me. I purchased this book because I have been listening to her Monday night live stream talks for months and am studying A Course in Miracles. She cites the Course and provides interpretation and examples to clarify. This is the first book of hers I have read and plan to read another.
on April 17, 2017
This book by Marianne Williamson has met all my expectations and more. I am very happy with this purchase. This book is very uplifting spiritually.
I would recommend it for anyone on their spiritual journey.