Other Sellers on Amazon
The Return of Swamp Thing
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
"The Return of Swamp Thing" is 10 times more entertaining than the first and here's a list of 10 reasons why:
10) Heather Locklear: Gentleman prefer blondes, nuff said.
9) The fight scenes are many, but varied which is cool.
8) The kids put in a great comedic performance.
7) Character development: each character truly has their own voice and a specific scene to remember them by, kudos to the screenwriters.
6) "Gun": The psychotic head of security has the best lines in the movie like "Turn him into guacamole" and "I got you now Mr. Potato-Head!"
5) The creatures: The evil monsters are classic sci-fi models that add the campy flare with a touch of realism.
4) The bath tub scene: After being blown up, Swamp Thing sneeks into Arcane's base via the plumbing. At least they showed one of Swamp Thing's powers, besides being able to punch people.
3) The war wounds scene: Security guards Gun and Poinsettia compare their various scars and tell where/when they got them. Very memorable.
2) Dr. Arcane: Every good movie needs a villain and Louis Jourdan puts in a great performance as he performs all his evil deeds with psychotic calmness and humor.
1) The Swamp Thing costume doesn't look like a melted plastic Green Army Man toy. That's right, there's actually some resemblance to the comic!
Overall this is a fun movie with plenty of action and comedy. It used to be shown in it's entirety on TV so it's fun for everyone.
Buy it today.
Return of Swamp Thing is an excellent b-movie, and one of Jim Wynorski's best. It's alot different from the original, but alot better, in my opinion. No disrespect to Wes Craven, but Swamp Thing isn't one of his better films. Not as bad as Scream 2, but it's not quite up to par with his usual films.
If you DID enjoy Return of Swamp Thing, I recommend "Not of This Earth" (1986), "Sorority House Massacre II: Nightie Nightmare", and "Hard To Die".
The DVD is good, with some fun extras, and a great sound and picture transfer. Overall, it's a funny movie, but basically distorts a tragic character for further mixing in the swamp of B-movie stew. C+
this movie is SCREAMING for a shout factory release.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Oh man, I got no one to blame but myself for buying this one. I did laugh once (maybe twice) when I was really supposed to at this campy goof of a movie that thinks turning... Read morePublished 3 months ago by a walther
The followup to the original Swamp Thing film, The Return of Swamp Thing tells the tale of a horticulturalist who encounters Swamp Thing while trying to solve the mystery of her... Read morePublished 3 months ago by blackaciddevil
Enjoyed this movie just as much as the first one and the tv seriesPublished 4 months ago by Brian E. Myers
I was a big fan of Swamp Thing as a kid. Interestingly, though, never of the comics. It was mostly the movies and the TV show that was on the USA network. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Josh
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Indie & Art House
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials