Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 872 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 899 reviews
on April 19, 2011
I'm a cashier, I've seen a lot of bags. If you want your bags filled fast and well - these are much better than the flimsy windbreaker-fabric bags. Whenever someone has those bags, they fumble around trying to unfold them (a lot of times they are folded/wadded up into pouches), and then they are difficult to fill because they don't stand up on their own. It takes longer, it's sloppier, and since the bags don't have a square bottom everything gets crushed together when the bag is picked up.

Compared to the reusable bags sold by Walmart/Target/etc. these are bigger - they are also tall and narrow. If you are going to get a lot of large boxy things (toys, cereal, paper towels, kleenex boxes) these bags would be a great size. They would be too big for a lot of yogurt/baby food/makeup sized items.

These bags are well made (they are not too stiff, not too soft - sewn well - reinforced seams), the reason I'm not giving them five stars is because they don't have the little loop (so the bagging person can hang them on the plastic bag holder to keep the bag up and open so they can fill it up better/faster) and they don't have an insert in the bottom. Most reusable bags like this have a rectangle of plastic that fits in the bottom - which I think is pretty important. Let's say you put a bunch of cans in the bag... if the bottom of the bag is just fabric, everything is going to move and squish together when the bag is picked up. I'm going to put some plastic canvas in the bottom of mine. Another option would be wrapping cardboard up in duck tape (so it doesn't get wet).
1212 comments| 473 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2015
This was a perfect gift bag for my 3 year old's birthday party. I added decorations and it worked very well. The decorations were done with tulip fabric paint and that hasn't peeled off yet.

It is a sturdy bag and held everything well. We got it in April and the bags are still going strong in September being used by a 3 year old to carry her toys around the house.

I wish it had the strong plastic insert to hold the shape of the bottom. That would have made it a 5 star product for me
review image
on August 26, 2014
the town we drive to for our groceries decided a short while back to do away with virtually all plastic bags. we had a few grocery tote bags on hand but not enough for a full shopping trip. our older ones cost us five bucks each and when i saw these priced so that ten cost essentially what two had before? it was a no brainer. the bags are made from synthetic material not cotton if that matters. they are full sized and seem to be very well made and sturdy. i do highly recommend these for anyone needing totes. note i find it a good idea to always keep a couple of small garbage bags with e.g. 5 gallon size when grocery shopping w/totes. i use those to put meats in so that when the meats leak into the bags they do so in the plastic bag not contaminating the tote (plastic bag carried in tote) with bacteria or even worse listeria. avoiding cross contamination when reusing bags for groceries is something new to consider when shopping but very important. just because the bag, totes look clean after using doesn't mean they are. just a heads up on an issue most of us have never had to consider before. example last week you bought raw meat and it went into a tote. next week as they all look alike you happen to grab that tote and then veggies go in,...better safe imho.
I ordered these bags after finding out that our new favorite grocery store did not provide any bags.
(My husband does most of the shopping, so I have never even been in that store, and was not aware
that was where all of my plastic bags were disappearing to!)

I got a nice bright color so it would be easy to see if someone "lifted" them from our cart.

The bags are actually nicer than I had expected. They are fairly sturdy, and have a snap closure,
which is great so groceries don't go rolling around in the back of the truck.
They are deeper than they are wide, which could be annoying to some. I liked it, because it keeps things
in better. The snap closure, while plastic, seems sturdy as well.

I snitched two of the bags, and am using them to hold my fabric batting for sewing! They are so nice
and deep, it made it a great way to keep the batting together. I also have an additional one for my project
bag. Love them!

I would not hesitate to purchase them again, and probably do an additional color for my own use.
on March 30, 2017
It doesn't have the rectangle plastic piece that fits in the bottom, which is quite important for a grocery bag. Otherwise, as described.
UPDATE // Very poor quality! No wonder they're including 10 bags in each order. After two weeks of occasional use (6 times maybe) the bag has already three holes in the bottom. FYI, I have very short walk to the market and have never put it on the ground.
on June 5, 2017
These are perfect for supermarket trips and help me cut down dramatically on plastic bags that were piling up. I recycled those anyway, but why even use them if you don't have to. These hold a lot and and can take the weight of heavier trips without ripping apart at the seems, and they're easier on the fingers than having plastic digging into them. Happy I got them.
on November 1, 2014
These things are fantastic! If you live in an area that has banned plastic bags, then you're undoubtedly buying some sort of reusable bag. Some places want to charge up to $8 for a crappy grocery bag while others just sell you glorified thick plastic bags. These ones are just right -- machine washable, durable, compact. When I first bought them, my wife thought it was a lame purchase but she's already confiscated eight of them. At $12.99 for 10, I definitely recommend these bags.
on April 17, 2017
These reusable bags are much bigger than I expected. I like the rectangular shape and the quantity that you get for the price. The fabric is easy to decorate and we are using them for a project. My girls decorated the outside of the bags and the ink did not bleed through the fabric. I would recommend these for crafting or use as a shopping bag.
on December 7, 2016
The quality is much better than the photo suggests. We bought these to house our employee gifts instead of disposable shopping bags and they were perfect. They are just a smidge better quality than the ones who'd get at the grocery store for 99 cents. The shape of these is not a square but more of a skinny rectangular bag much like a tall gift bag.
on September 23, 2017
I was sad these melted. They were super unpredictable. A few of them pressed fine, but then others melted within 4 seconds of being pressed. It was low heat, and I had a teflon sheet covering it and it still wasn't enough to keep a few of them from melting. Other than trying to press them, they were well constructed.
review image review image review image