Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on June 6, 2014
Basic Skyraider by Revell. Went together well, good fit. The only difficulty I had was with the landing gear. Took awhile to figure out and get right. However they turned out fine and are sturdy. Maybe not for beginners because of that. Comes in two versions. I painted mine Korean War style, so yours will not look like this. I would stick with the stock versions if I built it again. Also I removed the shutters in the cowl so you can see the engine details. I posted pictures, check them out if you want. All in all a good kit for the money. Revell kits are a good value generally. Get their Zero if you want a beginner kit.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on June 4, 2016
Revell models are either good or bad. This one is good. The fits was acceptable and only needed a little putty. The decals could have been easier to work with, but I managed to not damage any. I swapped out the bombs for resin snake eyes with fuse extenders I ordered from another site. I had this in my "save for later" cart when it showed as available. I didn't even stop to think and ordered it. Less than an hour later it was back to being unavailable. So if you want this one grab it when you see it in stock.
on March 21, 2013
Product came in no problem, all the pieces seem to fit. I am in the process of putting it together . The oops was that I thought it was a different model. No problem though , it will be added to my growing fleet of aircraft. Thanks
on June 9, 2013
This was an interesting and challenging model to build, I had fun building it. I chose to paint it using camouflage and I think it turned out great. I also submitted a photo of the finished model.
review image
on January 18, 2013
I have been out of modeling for 40 yr. and this is my first one building.Some places the seams have spaces that need to be filled. Outside of that I am having fun with it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 10, 2013
minor fit issues - excellent decals - many options for weapons load - very good price - plus an old monogram kit
on January 26, 2013
I ment to order an already put togather model, maybe you could make it more spacific the difference between Model and kit.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 3, 2012
I bought this item thinking it might be a good model to put together but had a very bad experience with it. The amount of flash on the model parts is ridiculous! It took an incredible amount of sanding to get this stuff off and which pretty much ruined the edges of the wings, propellers, body, wheels, almost every single piece. If you are looking for something realistic then pass on this, it's not even close.
I built this kit several years ago and recall the original kit which I also built many years ago. This time I wanted to keep with my theme of U S Navy carrier based aircraft before the Jet age, as this rather large aircraft for its type was a cross between post WW2 and Vietnam I found a niche' for it no less in my collection. In fact the Skyraider served in many variations up to and including a 4 man crew version! It was also given to the South Vietnamese Air Force where restrictions on air ops were heavily enforced as to what targets could be attacked by U S forces, I'm not certain as to the success. The U S Navy replaced the Skyraider with the A-4 jet attack aircraft of which John McCain piloted one such A-4 into infamy for himself.
Revell made the kit fairly easy to build for anyone with moderate skills.
review imagereview image
on March 19, 2013
This was the first decent model I built when I started building again after I took a year long break. This plane is not too complicated and looks very nice in the end when it is finished. I did the high visibility white and orange paint scheme and it just looks gnarly! I am very pleased! With the correct tools and a little time, this plane can turn out just the way you would like it to!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question