Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Revenge of the Nerds: The Atomic Wedgie Collection
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon January 12, 2007
This is one of those movies series that when I think about they remind me of all the saturdays in middle school where I would stay up till 4am watching all the old movies my parents and much-older siblings had laying around in our movie collection.

'Revenge of the Nerds' is the perfect middle-school/high-school movie in every since of the phrase. It is cheap/slackstick/sexual humor, but unlike a lot of newer movies along the same lines ('American Pie,' 'Eurotrip,' 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin') it never feel gratuitous, eventhough the language is much more questionable. The plot itself follows two best-friend nerds durring their fall semester of their freshman year. When they are kicked out of the dorms, they along with fellow 'outcasts' band together and start their own fraturnity and cause problems for their fellow Fraturnity full of Jocks.

The Second movies features almost all of the entire original cast (Anthony Edwards only appears in the first 3-minutes of the film), as they take a trip down the Miami for a natual 'Fraturnity Leadership Meeting' and of course chaos insues.

The third film takes place a good 10/15 years after the events of the second movie, and thus has a completly different tone than the previous two. This movie was original made-for-TV so already from the beginning the humor is more slapstick (and much less sexual), and its dare-I-say almost 'family freiendly'. In the movie Louis' nephue moves off to college to find the college overrun with Nerds, but the Dean trying to get rid of them all.

The Fourth (and final film) I have only viewed once, but it is another 'made-for-tv' movie that follows the surviving nerds (now in their late 30s/early 40s) getting married and starting their families.
on March 1, 2007
Well I am glad that Fox Video FINALLY made this Nerd quadrilogy set. Frankly I was hoping that they would've just gone and put Nerds III and Nerds IV back to back like they did I & 2. But they didn't. This means that I will have to part with my Nerds I & Nerds II DVD and buy this one. I think all four of them are awesome however I think they could've kept the same cast members in ALL four because Robert Caradine seems to be the only one who comes back in ALL four. I will say this, Latimore and Booger make come backs. Anyway, my comments go to Fox Video "WAY TO GO" I am glad you put this out.
on April 29, 2013
These films were out when I was in my 20's and were funny and popular when they were first out. I now have children nearly as old as I was when these films came out and they enjoy them almost as much as we did 30 years ago. The box set is nice to have and for less than $20 it is a "must have" for any DVD collection.
on January 12, 2014
Note 3 1/2 stars

Really a timeless classic about life, growing up, human behavior and what it means to be male in the modern day 20th century. There’s more wisdom in these stupid comedic movies than in the most of the books you’re going to read in your life, the crap they show on tv, documentaries found at the local library etc. The movie drives home the point that, in this world, there are those at top of the food chain, the eggheads at the bottom of it and everyone else somewhere in between. In ROTN there exists a clash of ideologies between the mathematically prone nerds and their more powerful fraternal adversaries across campus. The nerds believe they are destined to achieve parity, while the jocks are determined to destroy any attempt at a social breakout. While the Nerds do get their revenge on multiple occasions, obtain the prom queen and somehow win the day, in real life, it does really not work this way. Hence the 3 1/2 instead of 5 star rating.
Clint Eastwood believes that, in life, there exists a special relationship between alphas and females and it’s only those in the middle that screw it all up. Speaking personally, I consider myself such a middle of the road commoner and think I understand his message. He also says that nerds, as we know them, play an important role in keeping the human life cycle afloat similar to that of a wolf pack and their omega system. Their services often goes unnoticed and unrecognized. But what Revenge of the Nerds preaches ultimately is that unlike the new age b.s. they try and force-feed you today about everyone being equal and nothing pre-determine anymore, it still is in fact your genetics and the same laws of nature still apply just as they did to man thousands of years ago. The only thing that’s changed is the illusion that’s been created by society that there’s no such thing as winners and losers. ROTN keeps the truth alive.
on March 25, 2014
I remember watching the first two movies when I was younger and loving them. I still haven't watched the other, straight to TV, movies yet because I'm afraid I'll hate them and think less of the franchise. One day I'll watch them but for now this was a great way to pick up parts 1 and 2 on DVD because I only had them on old VHS tapes that stopped working long ago.

The quality looks good on my small HDTV and I haven't tried to watch them on the bigger TV with the surround sound but if there is a problem I'll amend this.

Enjoy the movies and re-live an easier time when you didn't get arrested and go to jail for breaking and entering or stalking apparently.
VINE VOICEon March 15, 2007
I LOVE REVENGE OF THE NERDS

This 4 movie set covers the two theaterical film and the two TV films. Lewis (Lizzie McGuire's Robert Carradine)and his nerd buddies fight again NERD Prejudices

This is one of those films set if you reveal more than you should, and you spoil the fun. Lets just say this, NERDS RULE!

Bennet Pomerantz AUDIOWORLD
on July 5, 2013
The nerds are a bunch of geniusus who are outcasts not wanted by the pretty people, the jocks constantly mess with them. When the jocks burn their frat house down they physically throw the nerds and their things out into the street, they are then forced to sleep in the gym. The nerds find an old broken down abandoned house obtain it, fix it up making it look like a brand new house, seeing that the jocks want it and set out to take it from them. The fed up nerds decide to strike back one piece of revenge is when they put some of the liquid heat the jocks use for sore muscles etc in their jock straps, out on the football field the liquid heat kicks in making for a funny as hell sight
on July 20, 2014
this collection is cool, its affordable and the packaging is fine dont have to worry about cardboard sleeves disc come in slimline dvd cases its got all the revenge of the needs movies with good picture quality im glad to have it in my collection.
on June 7, 2014
Geeks arise and conquer the world! In this campy movie, the nerds (although looked down upon by the football heroes and suchlike in college) get their own back. Hilarious adventures; some bits are a bit graphic, but rollicking good fun, especially for us nerds.
on September 3, 2014
Love the nerd movies. Great classic that never gets old. The first 2 movies in the collection are the best. The later movies are ok, but not nearly as enjoyable as the the earlier films. Recommend this set to anyone that enjoys a good raunchy comedy!