Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on February 12, 2009
This is a nice sized tea kettle for brewing small amounts. It pours nicely, isn't too heavy and heats quickly. However, I bought one and in a few months, the spring to open the spout broke. I contacted Revere and they immediately sent a replacement. Excellent customer service and the replacement has been perfect.

One year later, the replacement broke and now I am on my third replacement which broke about a month after receiving that. Apparently there is some issue with the metal used for the spring. It cannot take the heat of boiling water for tea. How can you have a tea kettle that can't take the heat! I was really careful when heating water in this third kettle thinking if I heated it on a lower heat, it would be fine. The spring broke anyway. While customer service has been really good, I would not recommend this product and will be shopping for another brand. Revere does not have the quality it used to.
on January 28, 2008
This is now the second one of these that I've bought. I use mine at least every morning for my tea and I just recently bought one for my mother, who also loves it. I don't really know what the qualities of a good tea kettle are, but it whistles, it's easy to fill, and the handle is usable without the assistance of a towel of hot pad. This is the smaller one that my Mommie has. I'm personally a fan of the bigger size myself, but I drink a lot of tea.

Summary: great buy!
on October 3, 2009
The whistle is hard to hear. Your AC fan is louder. Steam coming out around the fill cover heats the handle. It needs a longer pour spout. When you pour, steam from the pour spout hits your hand.

It pours great. No spill over or dripping.

Amazon "Product Features" says "Signature copper bottoms for quick heating". The bottom is stainless steel not copper.
on November 11, 2006
This kettle is great for me. I use it to make tea for myself every day. I do not understand the review that says it gets too hot. I have never needed a pot holder to grab the handle. It easily handles tea for two, any more than that and you may want a bigger one. It heats fast on my "not so fast" electric stove and is easy to fill from the water dispenser on my refrigerator. I love this item and would highly recommend it!
on January 8, 2011
This whistling tea kettle heats enough water to make two 12-oz cups of tea, hot cocoa, etc. The whistle starts as a cute little chirping sound as the water begins to create steam, then progresses to a rather loud, sharp whistling that you just can't ignore. The easy-fill opening is very nice, too. Don't overfill, though, because you'll end up with a hot, wet mess on your stove top.
on October 10, 2012
I love this pot. It heats up so fast. I've burned up two kettles waiting for the water to boil. I don't see that happening with this pot. It isn't always true that a "watched pot never boils". This one sure does! Best teapot I've ever owned.
on December 28, 2010
Received kettle looked cute and just what I wanted size wise I trust the Revere Ware name. But after 1 use it doesn't stay open/locked anymore & does not whistle anymore either. It's under warrantee for a year so I am going to contact the company.
on December 18, 2010
Don't buy this tea kettle. It doesn't whistle past a whisper and the handle is too hot to touch when removing unit from stove and pouring hot water into the teacup.
on July 31, 2010
Loved the "tea for one or two" size, and it was easy to fill, but the entire whistle assembly fell off with minimal use in short order. Too bad, it was cute while it lasted.
on March 23, 2008
Very poor design, hot steam comes out the trigger slot. This burns your finger when you try to open the spout, which must be opened to pour. If it wasn't so much trouble, I would return it to Amazon.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.