Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Review of The Forgotten by David Baldacci

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 22, 2012, 10:35:50 AM PDT
Jim Harris says:
I just met Special Agent John Puller Jr, Army CID, for the first time. He is the lead character in David Baldacci's new novel, THE FORGOTTEN (ISBN 978-0446573054, $27.95, hardcover) due for national release on November 20. 2012. Don't expect to find this book in libraries or bookstores until that date. Mark your calendars.

I have read a few of the author's previous books and it appears this book may be part of a series unrelated to Baldacci's Camel Club books. Further investigation on my part is warranted. If nothing else, the author is a great story teller who produces fast paced action adventures for his protagonists.

The story begins with Agent Puller's Aunt Betsy sending a letter to her brother, Lt. General John Puller (retired commander of the 101st Airborne Division) who is an Alzheimer patient in a VA hospital in Virginia. That letter sets in motion an eventful trip to Paradise (Florida that is) for Agent Puller. When he gets there, Puller discovers Aunt Betsy has died but was it an accident or murder? Several others die shortly after Puller's arrival and they all knew Aunt Betsy. Coincidence? You know what most investigator's say in mystery fiction, "I don't believe in coincidence!".

During his investigation of Aunt Betsy's death, Puller meets Mecho, a six foot six inch
un-gentle giant, beds Brig. General Julie Carson and uncovers a criminal empire trafficking in human beings. The bad guys are really bad, the good guys are not what always appear to be and the atmosphere is hot & humid.

Go. Buy. Read.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012, 1:37:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012, 1:39:00 AM PST
janebbooks says:
Jim Harris.....the first John Puller was Zero Day and most readers thought
since it was published a few months after Lee Child's THE AFFAIR...that ZERO was a copy-cat.
Well, we did have two heroes with similar military backgrounds!
I, for one, was very happy that Baldacci had "killed off" the Camel Club books....and thought
John Puller would make a nice protag for a new series.
Then I read The Forgotten. Although set in Florida (my neck of the woods), it
was a disappointment. Too bad, so sad. Be careful what you wish for!
Jane
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Oct 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
The Forgotten (John Puller Series)
The Forgotten (John Puller Series) by David Baldacci (Hardcover - November 20, 2012)
4.4 out of 5 stars (5,038)