Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2009, 4:10:34 PM PST
As a journalist who had the joy of reading this book prior to pub date, I can share with potential readers:

What would it be like to experience emotions as a daily part of human existence, rather than being at the effect of them? Imagine a life in which you are able to ride the ebb and flow without being capsized by a tidal wave of feeling. Sound too amazing to be true? Renowned psychiatrist and bestselling author, Dr. Judith Orloff invites readers to release themselves from the tyranny of pre-programmed and self perpetuated emotional states in her new book "Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself From Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life." In accessible form that includes anecdotes from her own life and those of of patients over the years, as well as exercises that the reader can use immediately, it addresses subjects such as: emotional vampires, fear, frustration, loneliness and loving-kindness.

It is a must-read for lay people and professionals alike. One of my many hats is that of a social worker in a psychiatric facility and I apply many of the principles in Emotional Freedom with my patients, to a rewarding level of success. One of my colleagues(a psychiatrist herself, as is Dr. Orloff) has also been integrating the concepts into her work.

The graphic on the front cover reminds me to flow along the golden ripples in the stream, enjoying the ride~ ~

Edie Weinstein-Moser, LSW

Dublin, PA

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2009, 11:47:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2009, 11:48:07 PM PST
In his inauguration speech, Obama set the tone for the the tenor of our country's emotional health using the exact principles from Judith Orloff's book EMOTIONAL FREEDOM!

President Obama told an immense throng of more than a million people standing before him: "On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord."

This book is certainly one for our times~~

William Ferguson Jones
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about