Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 240 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 249 reviews
on November 7, 2016
I can't recommend this product, nor can I understand all the good reviews. I gave it three stars because it is easy to apply, does not have a strong scent, and I'm sure provides some (small) level of protection. However, it definitely darkens anything it is applied to and does not seem to provide anywhere near enough protection to make it worth the time, cost, and trouble of applying. It also changes the texture of the item to which you have applied it.

I have been waterproofing all kinds of outerwear, camp gear, and foot wear - both dress and casual, for many years. I highly recommend nikwax for suede - it is a pain in the butt to apply because the the item has to be wet before applying, and it does leave the item darker than before applied, but once thoroughly dried it is not terribly darker and still a pretty color, and the item has some serious protection. I have worn suede boots in the rain and snow for a full season after applying nikwax spray, and at the end of the season there are not water or salt stains and if you run water over the boot it literally just runs off and doesn't leave a mark. The suede texture also does not change and remains 'nappy' and soft.

I decided to try Gear Aid ReviveX for Suede based on the good reviews and because I wanted to try a product that was as simple as spray on, wipe off drips/excess after 5 min, and let dry. The bottle says that a second coat increases the effectiveness of the product and is recommended. I tried the product on a purse that I loved that was two tone suede - a medium light brown with darker brown trim. The product immediately turned the whole purse a muddy ugly chocolate brown. I thought it would dry back to its original shade, but alas no. It did lighten slightly compared to when first sprayed, but nothing near the original color. Figuring it was already ruined, I went ahead and applied the second coat as recommended after the first coat dried thoroughly. It sunk right in (if you try to apply two coats of nikwax it doesn't work - first coat protects so well the attempt to add another coat of the product just results in it rolling right off), and made the purse even darker. Equally bad, the suede now lies 'flat' even after having dried for two days and having brushed it well with a suede brush. It did eventually lighten to a tone two or three shades darker than original, but whole purse is still one shade now and it is a weird color. Water beads if sprinkled lightly, but if you touch the droplet with your finger - not rub, just touch, it sinks right in to the suede which tells me the protection is minimal.

Then, I had extra product and not wanting to throw it out I decided to spray an old pair of med dark brown suede boots I don't really care about just to use it up. Same exact results. I am going to try 303 fabric protector and scotchgard for suede next in my continued quest for a quick, easy to apply suede protector, but will stick with nikwax for those items I really plan to use in bad weather.
on September 3, 2015
Worked great on my nude suede clogs. The color after the spray and dry was exactly the same! This was my biggest concern. I saturated them twice and blotted them after I sprayed to clean up where the repelant had pooled on the shoe due to its shape. I will staw the suede on my shoes was very short so I'm not sure if a fuller suede would turn out the same. The spray was very easy to use and I had no issue with the stream. Great product!
review image
on February 24, 2015
Honestly, this seemed like I was just spraying on water, and it did NOT protect my cream-colored suede Cole Haans AT ALL. They still absorb water and get dirt stains. I'm convinced that I received a bottle of water, just disguised as this product. The consistency was just as watery as water is, and it had absolutely NO ODOR AT ALL. (As in, I heavily sprayed my shoes within the confines of my small apartment, without smelling ANY fumes... I feel like that should not have been possible??)
Anyways, yeah - this product offered NO dirt/water repellent... pretty disappointed, especially after reading some positive reviews of this product before buying it.
on February 28, 2013
I was looking for my new uggs. I was afraid since these are my first pair. I read some reviewds to see if anyone had sprayed their uggs. The bottle is small and it made me wonder if it would be enough to spray my Etta espresso uggs. I sprayed a small spot and the next day I could not see where I had sprayed. So I sprayed the pair. I ended up having to rub the solution in. It made me wonder if ugg had already treated it for water proofing. I allowed it to dry over night as directed and they looked great. I tested them out by running water over them and the water just rolled off . I sprayed them again as directed. They dried quickly and look great. No discoloration.
on May 14, 2017
I use this to waterproof ALL of my non-waterproof, non-leather shoes. Helps to keep them clean as well as unstained. I've used them on suede and fabric and have been very pleased with the protection. I reprotect my shoes at the beginning of every season (winter for my boots and spring for my flats and sneakers). I bought it in bulk so that I'd always be sure to have enough!
on September 16, 2015
If you need a spray to protect your suede boots, purses, etc. this is it. I treated my boots last fall and wore them to London in October! Rain, rain everywhere but my boots were dry and no dirt or stains. They look as brand new as the day I bought them. I wore them to an American football game, on the tube, walking through the city streets, the buses, toured ancient Scottish castles, an airplane and to the mall. No stains!! Not even a drop of water penetrated. You must buy this. Hint alert! Spray them outside a couple of days before wearing. Spray until saturated and then dry outside. Spray again and let dry. Letting it dry between applications is key. Don't spray too far from the item but do not get too close. Your goal is to saturate without soaking. Don't worry about the light suede turning dark, it dries back to light once the spray is dry.
on March 19, 2013
I used this on my Nike tennis shoes as well as my winter boots. One bottle was more than enough to do both pairs, and after 4 months of MN winter, both pairs still repel water like the day I applied it. Buy this product, you'll be happy with it.
on September 8, 2017
Not good! May as well have sprayed water on my boots & shoes. Waste of time & money. Treated several pairs of footwear with this stuff and can see absolutely no water-proofing in any of them...the smallest drop of water just sinks right in and discolors every pair treated with this.
on February 20, 2017
Sprayed down my boots and gear with this before the last hiking trip, it works great!
on January 10, 2015
I am so pleased with this product. I got it for my new shoes. One of the pairs is gray nubuck and the other a deep brown suede. This did not change the color of either one. I followed the directions exactly. I sprayed them all over (but did not spray until the spray ran), waited 5 minutes, then firmly patted (note: patted not rubbed) any of the remaining drops on the surface. I let them dry overnight and gave them a second coat. The color and texture of the shoes did not change at all. The only reason I gave it four stars is because it hasn't rained yet, but now I'm not afraid to wear them out if it does. After treating both shoes with the two coats, I had about a third of the bottle left. I treated my daughters Ugg type boots. Boy, does that material take A LOT of spray! I went through the rest of that bottle plus another one just doing a single coat. The suede really absorbed a lot of the spray to get them saturated. Nothing ran though. Once dry, the color and texture remained unchanged. I would buy this product again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.