Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Style: RJ/BNC Camera System Coupler|Change

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 97 reviews
on March 30, 2012
I purchased these couplers to save myself the agony of pulling and replacing all the old Cat3 cables from an old security camera set-up in a hotel. The new Q-See system uses BNC and 1/4" power connectors. The adapters allowed me to attach the new cameras to the existing Cat3 cable, and attach the Cat3 cables to the DVR. Works great. A bit of advise: You'll have to make an additional adapter to connect the camera power to this adapter, because the gender of the power connector is the same as the camera's. Not an issue on the DVR side. Also, the Cat3 connector block isn't the tightest in the world, so I wrapped everything in electrical tape to ensure a solid, long lasting connection, and to ward against anyone easily tampering with it (even though the connections are hidden in the ceiling).
on May 9, 2013
I had an Exxis security camera system for years, but it bit the dust. Exxis no longer made an monitor....Exxis is no longer. I had quite a few cameras with RJ11 connections but my new system used the RCA & BNC connectors. I called Mace security systems....the old Exxis co. Renamed & they said I could use these couplers & use my old Exxis/Mace cameras...even Revo cameras if I had any. So I purchased 3 as above & 3 with audio from Mace.....they work like a charm. I had ordered a couple of these from Amazon before talking to Mace so I went ahead & tried them & they worked great too. So if your old RJ11 connection system goes south, before you take down the cameras & re-run camera cable...try these.
Also, if your running cable up to 1000', the Cat5 cable is a whole lot cheaper than the standard RCA-BNC cable....just use these adapters to connect your cameras & monitor to the Cat5 cable.
Don't know if they make them for RJ11 connection PTZ cameras....may not be enough wires in the Cat5 to do it?
on February 16, 2014
I have a pair of Revo cameras, originally only connected to a monitor, but now to a security system DVR.

The cameras came with adapters similar to this, but they were shorter and without the audio connection. I had jury-rigged audio, but it wasn't reliable.

These adapters are prefect! Not only do they provide me with reliable audio, but they're long enough to make my installation easier to do.

NOTE: the cameras are designed to plug directly into Revo security systems, which have RJ-12 connectors, but I bought my cameras separately and do not have a Revo system.
on March 9, 2017
is is good product
on July 25, 2016
as expected, high priced
on December 2, 2016
Arrived on time. I wanted to use existing phone line cameras on BNC system. Worked great. I noticed that the connector coupling has been revised from one shown in photo. It appears that the redesign would be more moisture resistant than the one shown in picture.
on June 23, 2016
This connector works fine, The audio however from the revo camera is not useful insofar as the audio signal runs in the same cable as the video signal this causes a loud buzz in the audio. the Audio Signal also need preamplification. This exacerbates the noise from the video interference.
on December 11, 2013
Somehow my cameras not working after I plug them in with these.
I have a lot of cameras, so I bought the new cctv recorder, the cheap one, but the plugs for cameras are different with my recorder so I bought these, but somehow I never can make the camera works. I don't know if my cameras are so bad or these plugs are simply incompatible with my cameras and recorder. It's made by Revo which I know is a good company, I use one of my system with this brand and I'm very happy with that system, but not these plugs though.
on April 18, 2017
DC 12V is female end. Needed male, otherwise just right.
on January 5, 2016
did the job for our camera's... our ends tend to go bad because there exposed outside.. Took 3 years for them to go weak... If they were indoors they will probably last a long time.
The new ones that we're using outside still we added clear silicone sealer from Dap to help keep the ends from rotting