Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Revolver Soul
Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). See all 12 reviews
on July 15, 2011
If you are aware of A3 you know their music is a mixture of Rock, Blues, Country, Dance and Gospel. This album leans towards more Dance. Because of that it makes the music a bit less interesting. I would say it is not their best work but it's not so bad that I'm sorry I bought it.
1 helpful vote
0Comment|Report abuse
on May 19, 2010
...with bad production and mixing. The songs sound like they are as strong as ever, and the usual crazy mix of styles and influences is all there, but it sounds like a demo. I listend to it direct from the CD on £90 Sennheisers and the mix still sounds muddy. I can barely decipher Larry Love's trademark growl, it's lost way down in the mix and way over processed. Much as I love the Alabama's whole unique sound it's one of the few bands I enjoy singing along to - can't do that if you can't make out what's being sung. How annoying. I get the feeling these songs might actually sound better live without the reliance on electronics and rubbish production. Let the band breathe and hopefully the songs will too.
Agree with the previous review in that it's OK for fans, but not a place to start of your new to A3.
Frustrating.