|Digital List Price:||$14.99|
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $5.95 (40%)
Rewired: How Using Today's Technology Can Bring You Back to Deeper Relationships, Real Conversations, and the Age-Old Methods of Sharing God's Love Kindle Edition
|Length: 242 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Here are a few of my thoughts after reading this approachable book, about the intersection of digital technology (esp. social media) and the witness of the church.
- If you are a Christian (pastor or layperson), and highly skeptical about the role of social media in life and ministry: get this book and read it, especially the very sensible polemic contained in the first 8 chapters.
- If you are a pastor or church leader dabbling in social media, or on the fence about making a commitment to this medium of communication, get this book and read it cover to cover.
- If you are a church member eager to use new social tools creatively to communicate and minister, get this book and read it cover to cover – unless you’re a pretty experienced social media user already blogging, Facebooking, and tweeting effectively. Then it may be a bit basic for you – though the first 8 chapters still provide a very helpful biblical framework for viewing our world of digital networks.
(the foreword, by the way, is by well-known Saddleback Church pastor Rick Warren. How did Brandon connect with Rick Warren? Well, you’ll have to read the story in the Introduction. Of course, it has to do with social networking…!)
What’s the bottom line message of this book? Let me give you a few key bullet points summarizing the perspectives of Rewired; then, if you still want to know more, I've posted a more extensive review at: ow.ly/tBcNA
* Like all technology advances, digital/social networks ultimately stem from the creative hand and providence of God. And, though social networking can be misused (like anything else), it has tremendous potential to be used for good.
* The world needs you and me – our authentic selves, expressing ourselves and sharing conversation to the glory of God through words, pictures, videos, and conversations. We have the awesome privilege of instantly accessible publishing.
* The social networks are where people are. We need to go there, not retreat – we are a missional people.
* Evolve. Learn to be comfortable with new tools. Projecting ourselves and our message more widely and effectively is at our fingertips.
* We live in a digital/mobile world. Deal with it. Better still – creatively embrace it, inside and outside the walls of the church!
Well-written with brief and practical chapters, this book is highly recommended for those looking to use digital communications platforms for good.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Science & Math > Technology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Spiritual Growth